• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games You Wish You Could Play for the First Time Again

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
P.sure this thread has been done before, maybe recently, but lately I've been listening to some good ol "Lazy Afternoons" by Yoko Shimomura. And it reminded me of a ton of things, namely my first time playing Kingdom Hearts II and also studying for my government quiz today xD

But yeah. Which games do you wish you could play for the first time again, and what made that first time so special?

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Goldeneye 007
Mario Kart 64
Knights of the old republic
prince of persia: warrior within
GTA San Andreas
the force unleashed
saint's row

All of these games I really want to play again for the first time because I remember being a kid and just glued to the TV/PC, not being able to take a break from the awesomeness.

Salem

SICK
A LOT.

• Most Classic Zelda games
  • Super Mario Bros 2 and 3
  • Super Mario 64
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Every Mega Man game
  • Kingdom Hearts games
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Resident Evil
  • Secret of Mana

For each game there might be many different reason, in fact I haven't listed all games because it might be redundant with my favourite games of all time, with some exceptions of course.

If I want generalise on reason, it might be because "discovering" things in these games for the first time it fun in itself. Or t could be because these games changed my gaming life in some way(for better or for worse:lol:).

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
The Legend of Zelda
Super Mario Bros. 3
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Resident Evil 2
WWF: No Mercy
Spider-Man (2000)
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
Luigi's Mansion
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Resident Evil Remake
Super Mario Sunshine
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Halo: Combat Evolved

These are some of my favorite games from my childhood, so getting to re-experience them all over again like it was the first time would mean a lot to me. I have so many fond memories with each of these games. It would really take me back to a simpler time in my life, where I don't have to worry about any ********.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
:kawaii: omfg...

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

These were all amazing games that I loved so much the first time playing through. However, I just recently played through them again. And... They weren't as appealing as before. I guess time just has that effect.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
GTA: San Andreas
Spyro 2
Wii Sports ( For the time, it was a great experience)
Call of Duty World at War
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Pokemon Sapphire
Croc
Resistance Fall of Man (First true 7th generation game and HD experience)
GTA III (First real open world 3D experience)
_________

All of the above are actually some of my all-time favourite games, as you're bound to see when the question is reliving gaming experiences, thus you want to relive your favourite games. However, I chose these based on the impact they had on me at the time as well, that feeling you get when you first experience the game is amazing, one you never forget.

I'd love to go back all again with an open mind and play these games and get same feeling, it's not completely the same now, but I still get that nostalgic feel every time I play one of these games I mentioned above.

Ocarina of Time, Halo: CE, and Pokemon Blue/Red are my picks. These were some of my first games from the genres they're a part of, and in my opinion, still a great representation of what those genres stand for. OoT and the original Halo pushed the limits of their respective time periods; few games since have been so refreshing an experience for me.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Shadow of the Colossus - Hands down, that game is the best the first time, especially if you've kept yourself from spoilers. The one great regret I had upon completing it is that "I'll never play this game for the first time again." Maybe if I had a memory-wipe. It's got some bonus-material, but really... the Colossi just get easy after you've figured out their weak points for the first time, and you know, it's just the *pure epic* of fighting enormous creatures that your character is like a bug to and has to climb like a desperate flea that just... is nice to revisit but really, truly *hits* you the first time.

Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. They had some challenge for me on the first go-through that was lost on subsequent playthroughs, I still enjoy being in worlds of the games sometimes, but I found them more fun "at first" when I was discovering everything. I might say the Original Legend of Zelda, too, but only because my memories of that are from childhood and I'm never going to get back all that time spent working-through the game with my brother in law and watching him make a painstaking hand-drawn map of Hyrule on a large piece of cardboard going frame-by-frame before any of us had Internet or game-help sites. It's more like the "surrounding experience" of that game is one I want to live for the first time again than the actual game.

*Looks above* a lot of "I wish I could play Kingdom Hearts for the first time again!" up there. You know what guys and gals and pals? A friend recently gave me the first Kingdom Hearts as a gift for my PS2. I've just barely started playing it. (Just got out of Traverse Town and landed in the Colloseum (ooh, looks like I find another word I can't spell without a checker...) with my Sora on high Attack, low Magic. I've avoided spoilers for this game somehow and really am playing it FOR THE FIRST TIME. Maybe I should post or blog about it here and you guys can relive the wonder through me? Want me to do something like that?

Last edited:

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
Uncharted 3
Twilight Princess
The Force Unleashed 2
LittleBigPlanet 2
Grand Theft Auto 4
Uncharted 2
Goldeneye 64

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
-A Link to the Past
-Ocarina of Time
-Super Mario Bros. 3
-Super Mario World
-Pokemon Red/Blue
-Kirby & the Amazing Mirror

Tis some good times. :kawaii:

If I had to choose only would, I had to go with Fallout 3. My God, what I would do to go back in time and have my memory erased just to go through that game again. That game...was just something else. But even though I've played through 5 playthroughs of it, that game never gets old and there's always something new to try in it (especially if you're playing with tons of mods).

A few other games I would love to play for the first time again:
Paper Mario
Paper Mario Thousand Years Door
Half-Life 2
Mass Effect 1 & 2
Metal Gear Solid 1
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Sleeping Dogs (Going into this game totally blind and having no idea what to expect, I actually totally loved this game)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (in my top five games of this generation)

onebizarrekai

gay energy
-The first one I thought of was Twilight Princess. When we first got this game, I was very young. I didn't play it, and I saw my older sister play it all the time, so I knew how it went, basically. Then my brother played it. I got really bored of the game because of the amount of times they played it. I wish I could've played it as a completely new adventure for me, like I did for Skyward Sword. (I was the first one in the family to play that one)

-Majora's Mask. I was young, and I didn't realize how dark the game was. I was just thinking of it as another regular, happy Zelda game. When I got it, I hadn't even beaten Ocarina of Time yet. I wish I could play it and notice how dark it was just to add to the emotion of the game. I never really thought about actual story back then.

-Pokemon Emerald. I've played the beginning of that game so many times it's ridiculous, but I've never actually beaten it. So again, with the boring thing. In fact, this is my opinion on quite a few Pokemon games that I have. I was never trying to actually think about what Pokemon I was getting. In my first playthrough of Pokemon Black, I borrowed my sister's Victini so I could beat the game since my team sucked. Man that was terrible…

I'm not saying that I'd prefer it if I had never played these games before until now. Twilight Princess was the first Zelda game we owned. I wanted to play Majora's Mask to no end that long time ago, and I might not have liked it as much if I had played it now and not known anything about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom