• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games you wish were a different genre

Ever played a game you thought was really cool, you like the story, you like the world and characters... but for as much as you try you just suck at the game?

For me Fire Emblem has some really cool characters and some nice lore but I cant enjoy it because i SUCK really bad at strategy.

ARMS was another game, the characters were cool and again I liked the lore (yes ARMS has lore) but the controls were buggered and it really dampened my enjoyment.

I Fire Emblem played like Zelda I wouldn't have a problem and if ARMS played (well) I'd probably play it a lot more.

Are there any games you wish were a different genre so you could better enjoy them?

(I do realise these games being the genres they are is the point of them existing but just go with me here).

Any game that's online or has an online component would fit this category. When I'm in a team with people I feel a lot more pressure to be good at the game, and that usually backfires. I know online isn't a genre of gaming, but I guess it's the battle royale or strategy online games that's a lot harder for me, and I let everyone down.

The GTA series needs to reclassified from action and overly voilent to educational. Ever watch the 6pm news? It's full of murders, voilence, terrorist attacks and such things. The streets are a dangerous place to be.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I kind of wish Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines were an isometric cRPG instead of a first-person one. I can't express how completely I love the game the way it is, but I also really wish there were an isometric game with the same aesthetic and atmosphere. I don't wish V:TMB were gone, more that I wish there were something like it in another form. I saw an image a long time ago that evoked what I imagine such a game would look like and it really made me want this. I've put it below.

n5wmMre.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom