• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games you regret finishing

You play a game, youre not wholly sold but you keep going but the ending makes a fool of you.

Its a bad end to a bad game and it makes you regret even starting.

You cant get your time back though so the next best thing to do is complain about it right here.

Which games did you regret finishing?

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Most games I really wouldn't force myself to play through if I don't see them going anywhere good. I have on a few occasions occasions taken games back to the shop the next day or within the first week.

Darksiders 2 however was one of those I decided to plough through. It was pretty mediocre throughout, but certainly playable. After the great enjoyment I got from the first I kept telling myself the sequel was bound to pick up eventually. When it came to the end though I remember thinking 'Is this it!?' The final battle was underwhelming and the build up seemed non existent. It was all just a bit nothingy. I was baffled that the game had ended that way and so suddenly and I felt robbed by it.

Phantom Hourglass.... it was such a slap in the face.

It had every bad idea under the sun (touch controlled repeated timed stealth WHAT?!) The game was a Winder Waker bastardisation and was a massive chore. Then after all of my hard work the game didnt even happen!

"What are you talking about, you were only gone ten minutes."

WHAT!! WHAT THE HELL?? Just literally make the stress i went through to complete the game mean nothing!

...****ing game.

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
I wasn't a fan of Mighty Milky Way's ending.
Basically, you go through the game hopping from planet to planet, and at the end, you hop to earth and destroy it, and you get the message "Congratulations!! You helped Luna accomplish her mission: Destroy Earth!! (What have I done?)"

I'm not sure why I didn't like it; it was a really silly game to begin with, it was a really short and basic space platformer, but I just felt like the game went out of its way to make me feel bad for completing it. Maybe it was also those terrifying red eyes they put on her. Gave me nightmares.

funnier6

Courage~
Phantom Hourglass.... it was such a slap in the face.

It had every bad idea under the sun (touch controlled repeated timed stealth WHAT?!) The game was a Winder Waker bastardisation and was a massive chore. Then after all of my hard work the game didnt even happen!

"What are you talking about, you were only gone ten minutes."

WHAT!! WHAT THE HELL?? Just literally make the stress i went through to complete the game mean nothing!

...****ing game.

Well, since we met Linebeck's descendant and everything in ST you could say it really happened, just that the crew doesn't have any memory of it.

That's my theory anyway, take it as you will.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
fire emblem binding blade b/c unless you are well informed about the gaiden chapters and how to unlock them,you WILL get the bad ending,and oh boy did it leave a bad taste in my mouth for a while
it just made it seem like i was doomed from the start and all the hours and restarts i did on this game almost meaningless....and that was my first introduction to the fire emblem series

Ninja

Well well well
Final Fantasy XV, the way Noctis has to end the story is bittersweet. He is with Lunafreya in the end, in their own "Final Fantasy", but the Chocobros are left alone, probably ending up separating again.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I guess Farcry 3. The game was pretty fun, if not repetitive to the max, but the "story" arch was dynamic as the heart beat of an arrhythmatic, coked-up, horny, dead frog. The ending was just so telegraphed and unsatisfying. Still, the gameplay was alright.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I regret finishing Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly.... Especially to 100%. It was awful, even as a kid who thought that Spyro was the absolute best platformer mascot(yes, I thought Spyro was 100 times better than Mario back then)..... I mean. I sort of liked the new Breath abilities.... But man that game was hot garbage that repeatedly froze my PS2, making my progress constantly for naught..... Not only that, but the final boss fight was really terrible. I hated it.

It was the beginning of the end for Spyro as well. It is a shame. Because Spyro was lined up to be one of the greats.

I regret finishing Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
You need to play Spyro the Dragon - the Japanese port. It's essentially a even buggier, even more messed up version of the US/EU game. It's so bad to the point of being near unplayable.

Here's a video so you can see all this Japenese port bugginess and bad porting for yourself.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Breath of the Wild. I beat Ganon shortly after leaving the plateau, and never saw any of the story or very much of the world. It was just bad luck that I ran into Hyrule Castle and thought it was where I was supposed to go, possibly after selecting the wrong mission.

Now that I've beaten the game and found the end boss to be sort of boring and easy with only 6 hearts... I don't feel much of an incentive to go back and play the rest of the game. So I regret finishing it because now I feel like there's nothing to be gained from playing through anything else in the game.

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
Breath of the Wild. I beat Ganon shortly after leaving the plateau, and never saw any of the story or very much of the world. It was just bad luck that I ran into Hyrule Castle and thought it was where I was supposed to go, possibly after selecting the wrong mission.

Now that I've beaten the game and found the end boss to be sort of boring and easy with only 6 hearts... I don't feel much of an incentive to go back and play the rest of the game. So I regret finishing it because now I feel like there's nothing to be gained from playing through anything else in the game.
Hoo, that's rough. Making the end boss available from a start is a unique idea, but with such a heavy side-effect; though, one that would be easily remedied with more compelling story segments, which (and I know this is debatable) is possible in a nonlinear game.

I regret finishing Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly.... Especially to 100%. It was awful, even as a kid who thought that Spyro was the absolute best platformer mascot(yes, I thought Spyro was 100 times better than Mario back then)..... I mean. I sort of liked the new Breath abilities.... But man that game was hot garbage that repeatedly froze my PS2, making my progress constantly for naught..... Not only that, but the final boss fight was really terrible. I hated it.

It was the beginning of the end for Spyro as well. It is a shame. Because Spyro was lined up to be one of the greats.
I used to love Spyro. I think I played the original game on the PS1, not entirely sure. But I hate how braggy and snarky he got in the later games.

This really gets me thinking... is there any company capable of keeping a colorful mascot franchise running other than Nintendo? It seems like any other company either gets taken over by the cold harsh world of business (Rare/Banjo), fail to produce any critically acclaimed modern titles other than retro/nostalgia titles (Sega/Sonic), or just inexplicably don't seem to try (Capcom/Mega Man). Meanwhile, Mario, Kirby, Donkey Kong, and Zelda sell in droves. Yeah, the new-idea titles don't sell as well, but they're still critically acclaimed.

I never really 'beat it', which ended up being the problem. I played Combat on the Atari 2600 for like 9 days straight once.. level 2156. I kept waiting for an awesome ending........... after every level, or some kind of magical score. Never happened... to this day I can't play it anymore :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom