• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games You Rate a Perfect 10

octorok74

TETTAC
The only one I can think of right now is Fallout 3. The world is so great to wonder. The side quests are amusing and the main story is well done. The weapon choice is nice and I can go invisible. Plus, having a world with almost no rules is awesome.

Scoby

France
Hmm, I like Oracle of Ages. My favorite, HAd good story and fun puzzles. And how you can make thread like this and say donkey kong is good game?
I don't like donkey king, Donkey kong how can that be good game. :)

<3

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Super Mario 64
Silent Hill 2
Resident Evil 1 & 4
Skyward Sword
Majora's Mask
Ocarina of Time
Bioshock
Okami
Mortal Kombat 2
Half Life 2
Portal 2

Mario kart 64
Banjo kazooie
Banjo tooie
Super mario 64 (the DS version)
super mario galaxy 1 + 2
diddy kong racig
lylat wars ( starfox 64)
Bioshock 1+2
AC2
pokemon yellow
A harvest moon game i used to play all the time, cant mind which :P
golden eye (n64)
GTA vice city
WoW (played it for 7 years...must be good :P )
Portal
worms Armageddon
command and conquer red alert 2/yuris revenge

Ocarina of time, Majora's Mask, Skyward Sword, .hack infection, Banjo-Tooie, The Lost Vikings, Diddy Kong Racing and Donkey Kong country.
Perfect games.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I hate to be such a fanboy, but the only game that deserves a perfect 10/10 in my book is Ocarina of Time. I'm perfectly aware that there are other games worthy of 10/10, but Ocarina of Time is the only 10 for me :P

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Products of humanity are imperfect, just as humanity itself. So how can games be perfect?

Anyway...

Halo Combat Evolved: This system seller redefined the first person shooter genre with its level design, timeless controls, vehicle use, physics, and much much more. It truly was combat evolved. But that wasn't all Halo had to offer us gamers, it gave us an iconic character with the Master Chief, an unforgettable story in an amazing universe, and some of the greatest video game music I ever had the pleasure of listening to.

Super Mario Bros. 3: Took an amazing formula, and made it 100 times better with its unique environments, improved level design, gameplay mechanics, and some of gaming's most memorable soundtracks.

Resident Evil REmake: Known as the definition of a remake, Resident Evil took a classic, and turned it into a masterpiece.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Resident Evil 4
Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City
Ocarina of Time
Twilight Princess
Okami
Mass Effect 2
Ico
Final Fantasy XII
Destroy All Humans 2

Super Mario Galaxy (Both); Skyward Sword; Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door; Super Mario RPG; Ocarina of Time 3D; Twilight Princess; Startropics II: Zoda's Revenge; Duck Hunt; Ms. Pacman; Super Mario 64

My criteria for a 10/10 game is that it must excel in the fields of Gameplay, Story, Badassness, and Characters. The games listed below have each of these.

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (best combination of my big 4)
Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
Metroid Other M (badass ranking off the charts)
Super Metroid
Borderlands 2
Super Mario Galaxy (not as badass as the others but the gameplay makes up for it)
Need for Speed Most Wanted (2005)

Last edited:

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Batman: Arkham City
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
BioShock
Star Fox 64
Super Metroid
Portal 2
Left 4 Dead
Team Fortress 2
Half Life
Half Life 2
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Red Dead Redemption
Assassins Creed III
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario 64
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Donkey Kong 64
Donkey Kong Country 2
Conkers Bad Fur Day
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Chrono Trigger
Resident Evil 4
Okami

I'm really generous with what I'd give a 10/10. There are probably some others I'd put on here that I can't remember.

Last edited:

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
There are extremely few, if any at all, games that I feel were made perfectly. However, if 10/10 means that the game has errors, but these are acceptable errors and in term the game is fantastically great anyway, then the list expands immensely. I rate games off of many different categories and because I know you all care, I'll take the time to list them.

Fun gameplay. Relatively good story. Relatively good presentation (including graphics and music). Innovative experience for its time.
I also take into account if the game is a series game and if it was, did it do its series justice? Not necessarily stay true to the series, but take the series in the right direction be that the same course it was already on, or a better direction than where it was headed.

If a game meets all these criteria, then I would deem it a ten out of ten. Here are a couple of examples of games I would undoubtedly give that rating.

Jak 2 and Jak 3
Super Mario Galaxy
Star Fox 64
Shadow of the Collosus
A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Bastion
Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 (haven't played any others)
Super Mario Bros

and the list goes on. Some of these games had a couple of problems, but they are miniscule compared to how good the games were. Plenty of fantastic games out there. If I'm rating games that are the absolute, no doubt in my mind best games ever perhaps deserving an 11/10... that requires a bit more thought.

'Plenty of great games, but a perfect 10? Hmmmm. Here's a few non-Zelda games I regard as such:

Phantasy Star I
Phantasy Star IV
Shinobi
The Revenge of Shinobi
The Journeyman Project series

Eh... that's all I can think of for now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom