• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games You Played in Elementary School (Recess)

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
What were some of the games you played when you were in Elementary School? I'm talking about recess games, not Basketball, Football, or Soccer, or any other sport that you could join.

I remember that I used to play Four Square the most. That was my favorite game, and I don't want to brag, but I was a beast at it. :nod:
Then there was kickball, and tag with a ball, (kinda like dodge ball, except you'd have two throwers, one on each side and have the rest run in between back and forth and avoid getting hit) I was good at that one, too, but I was good since I've always been very agile.

Tetherball was another, but I didn't play that one too much since I spent my time either playing Four Square, tag, or Kickball.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
In early elementary school, I also played four square enough, or freeze tag, or that one tag game where the person who's "it" closes their eyes. At some points we also played "Real Life Smash Bros." where we all choose characters and "fought".

Around fourth grade, literally everyone in the entire class played soccer except for me, so I went off by myself in the corner of the playground that the other kids didn't go to and built cities in the sand. I remember my friend saying in class one day, "Oh, look, everyone in here plays soccer except for (insertrealnamehere)! That's so weird!" I was so embarrassed and really mad at him afterward... XD

Late elementary school... We played a lot of pretend games, I believe. Or we'd go on the swing sets and talk... I don't know. There was a LOT of drama in those years – more like some kind of high school Disney movie than elementary school recess – so everything was kind of varied. I do remember strongly believing in magic, though, and we were convinced my friend's stuffed animal was alive for a while.

LOL

I'm deaf, For real
I can't remember a darn thing i played in recess...Oh yeah i do! I usually played tag in 1st to 4th grade. In 5th grade, my friends were morons. They didn't care what game I suggested.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Technically, I used to play-
Running Man
Ice And Fire
One, Two, Three!

Those 3 are my favorite games to play on recess.

Running Man- is a group game. There are two groups and each group has around 5 to 7 people in it. Group A technically catches Group B and it's a pretty long game. Group B would hide around the school or even better- blend in with other people who aren't playing. That way will make it harder for Group A to find members in Group B. Once all of the members in Group B has already been captured, they will switch their roles.

Ice and Fire- is a group game. There are two groups and each group has around 3 to 5 people in it. The first group is called the fire group and the other group is the ice group. The fire group has to run from the ice group to prevent themselves from getting 'frozen'. If one of the members in the fire group had caught frozen, the other member from the fire group would have to 'unfreeze' their members who are already frozen. One more thing- once you are frozen, you can't move a muscle.

One, Two, Three!- is an individual game. To play this, you need around 4 to 6 people. A person will have to wait because the other players will form a circle. The player will have to step the other players shoes to win. If they're two people left- the stepper and the last person standing- both of them will try to prevent themselves from getting stepped. If the stepper steps the last person standing's shoes, well, the stepper wins but if the last person standing steps the stepper's shoes, then, the person wins.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
All kinds of varieties of tag, four square, kickball, hopscotch and tetherball were the main ones when I was in elementary. Good times!

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
We were not much into games with rules, but pretending to be characters in our favorite video games, especially Mario and Power Puff Girls. I was always Luigi because he's BOSS. ~_~ Our play would end up usually being variations of existing games (Tag with a twist usually), but we would constantly be reevaluating them and making up new ones as we went along. XD

We played random stuff in recess.

But I remmember one thing - We used to chase each other alot. Usually after an insult...
I swear, for money we wouldn't be able to run long. But to get revenge on who ever insulted us, we would chase them 'till the ends of the world.

octorok74

TETTAC
I played a type of monkey in the middle game. Just we got a group of like 30 people and used a Frisbee instead of a ball. We would form a circle and have one or two, rarely three people in the middle. Then you throw the Frisbees and make sure no one in the middle catches one. To make in harder we would sometimes make it where you can only use one hand to both throw and catch. And in all cases, if you drop the Frisbee then you are out of the game.

Magatha

Magatha
I remember playing four square, tetherball, hopscotch, jump rope games, and a bunch of silly versions of tag.

I think there was a war between the girls and the boys at one point. I sided with the boys but quit when they planned to throw dandelions at the girls. (I was allergic)

There was also a point where we had a great quest to save the worms that were everywhere when it rained. We actually recruited younger siblings to protect them during their recess after we had to go inside.

Where do I begin? Handball, kickball, teather-ball, basketball, (tag) football, tag, freeze tag, lava tag, follow the leader, red rover, manhunt, squash the lemon, popcorn (on a trampoline), pogs, yo-yos, pokemon cards, truth or dare, knockout. That's all I can think of for right now but I'm sure I'll come up with more. :D

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
I didn't play games, I played on my GBC and GBA when I got it, my peers however usually played Red Butt, Kinda wish I had tried but Defeating Team rocket for lance and then stoping team magma from dehydrating the world and thus causing mass genocide was much more important, I just realized, I'm very important person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom