• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games you hate

We all have games we hate (or really dislike) these games don't need to be actually bad, you just need to hate them.

The Wind Waker isn't bad but plenty of of people sure do hate it.

So, which games do you hate?
Which games do you have a negative, adverse and visceral reaction to when you so much as think about it?

QcFQOVmY_o.png

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
i feel like this is another excuse to rag on skyward sword or other m again

anyways, the only game i can say i hated w/ a good degree of certainty was mario & sonic at the olympic games, holy crap this game showed me the awful side of motion controls and just the small tidbit was more than enough for me, i just kinda gave it to my friend was like "yeah, i really don't want this in my house"
also wanna quickly bring up uncharted 1,didn't exactly hate it but i sure as hell didn't like it

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
other m is one of few games I find offensive.

MAss Effect 3 for obvious reasons that are obvious.

Sthuur Whuurzz!! Banalfront for existing solely as a cheap, exploitative, anti-consumer cash grab.

Sthuur Whuurzz Teh Sold! Republic for existing as a cheap, exploitative, anti-consumer cash grab. (remember when star wars games weren't all cheap, exploitative, anti consumer cash grabs? remember when star wars games weren't all made by ea?)

Beam Dog's relentless cash-ins of classic Infinity Engine Games that are not only inexcusably shoddy "enhancements" of the already glorious masterworks they're ripped from, but even go so far as to release fan-fiction quality DLC that pushes regressive sjw narratives and makes it impossible to get the original games without paying for their cruddy cash-ins first!

Destiny for being exactly what it is. A shoddily disguised shooter that's really just another sad lazy MMO loot grind cash-in designed from the ground up to sucker in halo fanboys. I never do get tired of seeing the fanboys get suckered by bungie though.

AssCreed for being literally whatever it wants to be. And by "wants to be" I mean "whatever the brain dead devs decide to derive from other popular games this time."
Asscreed dev: Hey! I hear this Dark Souls is a thing! Let's make Asscreed be like Dark Souls!
[other asscreed devs drool in agreement]

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Skyward Sword and Breath of The Wild anger me the most. I don't think either of them are bad games. Mediocre and behind the times for their release year yes but not bad games.

However the former represents the death of 3D Zelda being excellent. Which is what I was used to. Then the second represents the death of hope for a grand return to form. This is it now. Zelda is a mediocre series and will continue to be so. It didn't have to be this way and I am bitter about it.

Skyward Sword, one of the most tedious and unfun games I've played. Coupled with my disappointment with previous Zeldas, it almost made me give up on the series altogether. Although maybe I should be grateful to it for forcing Nintendo to open its eyes and do a 180º turn after it.

The Capcom Zelda games, for being complete rehashes of the Nintendo games. And the one time they did something different (Four Swords) it played like ass.

Animal Crossing. I'm sorry but a game that is entirely about doing chores isn't my idea of fun.

Mega Man. For its zillion of sequels that play exactly the same as the original, and its aged gameplay that should have stayed in the NES era.

Uncharted. It hate how scripted and devoid of freedom it is.

Sonic Lost World, such a half-assed and unfun Mario Galaxy clone.

Ninja

Well well well
NBA2K. Especially 2k18, such an incredible cash grab, riddled with micro transactions that makes the game hard to enjoy. After reading the reviews, I'm sure glad I passed this one up. NBA Live looks good next year!

EA in general after the loot box lulz fest with BF2.

Call of Duty games after Modern Warfare 2.

There are few games I can say I truly hate.

Skyward Sword because 5 years of development in a storied franchise shouldn't have led to a truly horrendous game.

Wind Waker because the irreparable damage it did to the fanbase and Nintendo's perception of the series that's still being felt today.

Metroid Prime: Federation Force because it is the ultimate example of Nintendo's offensive tone-deafness and arrogance.

Metal Gear Survive or whatever it's called because beating the skeleton of dead horse after you were the one that killed it is cool.

There's probably more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

The Wind Waker isn't bad but plenty of of people sure do hate it.
I am one of the haters. It's not a bad game, just very very flawed and not up to the usual LoZ standard.

Super Mario Sunshine - Terrible game, as terrible as Wind Waker. Worst 3D Mario game ever. So much wrong with this game.

Sonic 06 - It is a glitchy unfinished mess. But that's not why I hate it. I hate it because Sega thought that what works well in 2D also works well in 3D. Sega still think this way and it's the core reason why all 3D sonic gamers are bad. Nintendo realised 3D Mario had to totally different to 2D Mario. That's why Mario 64 was such a good game. There will never be a truly good 3D sonic game until Sega realise this.

Master of Orion 3 and Master of Orion 4 - Both total garbage. They both tried and failed to make a better Mater of Orion 1. The sad part is Master of Orion 2 is totally amazing. So good that would even rate highly if released today, over 20 years after it was originally released. Just remaster the 2nd game and add a few features and it would sell so well. RIP the franchise sadly. Still the 2nd game is well worth playing.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Fable 2
I couldn't sleep the night before this released. I was so excited. And it was an irredeemable piece of ****.

Everything about the game was bad. It looked dated even when it first came out. The story was meandering and poorly written. The characters were either forgettable at best, or completely annoying at worst (Hammer and Reaver being the chief offenders on that one). Gameplay was stripped to the ****ing bone compared to the first game. They added nothing to the game at all and removed a whole host of fun things. Spells were all direct or area-of-effect attacks, no cool stuff like Assassin's Rush anymore. They took out a lot of the worldbuilding stuff, like religions. The social mechanics were just as shallow and nonsensical as the first game, despite the dev team supposedly focusing on making them better. The dog was a complete waste of time, a gimmick so shallow and devoid of meaning that it fades into the background and may as well not exist.

They intentionally moved the game 500 years into Albion's future so they could make use of the highwayman aesthetic of the 18th century, and then did absolutely nothing with it. There aren't carriages in this game. You see one or two in towns, but they aren't on roads, using the carriages just teleports you to your destination. What is the point of basing the design on highwaymen if you aren't going to have carriage robberies? That thing that defined what highwaymen were. The whole reason for setting the game in this period boils down to replacing bows with guns. They do call one of the enemies a highwayman, but they're just bandits with a different hat.

This game was utterly devoid of any creative spark from anyone working on it. These people took Fable — a great game that was rough around the edges and dripping with potential to be expanded — and instead of building on that foundation they ripped it apart until almost nothing was left, and then shifted the aesthetic in a vain attempt to justify their own lack of imagination. I ****ing hate this game.

Fable 3 is even ****ing worse, if that can be believed, but after Fable 2 I expected nothing more than a steaming turd.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Star Ocean till the end of time. the cutscenese are ungodly boring and or long. the game play is boring, and just plain weird. I was just completely uninterested in it.
Cfrock said:
Fable 2 I couldn't sleep the night before this released. I was so excited.
This
This right here is why gamers are so disappointed with everything that comes out now. They get all excited and overhyped thinking this'll be the best thing since sliced bread. then they get the game thinking it'll be amazing only to be disappointed. Stop getting overhyped

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself
Epic mickey on the 3ds.

I love Epic Mickey 1 and 2 for the wii but when I played it on the 3ds... it ruined the way I liked it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom