• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games You Hate but Everyone else Love

For me it's Skyward Sword. I'm not going to go much into details for this game because I'm sure we've all heard of the complaints by now. The things I don't like are Fi and her constant obligation to hold the player's hand, the Silent Realm, the exploration is nonexistent and it's a game you can't play in short bursts because nothing will happen if you do.

What about you guys?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Super Mario Galaxy. OK...no...I don't hate it. I don't hate any of the 3D Mario games...but man that game is overrated. The stars were repetitive, they took out all of the freedom and exploration that Mario excels at and the levels were more linear than Skyward Sword's. Not to mention the game just felt....dead.

I almost said MM. I actually love MM. It's in my Top #5 Zelda's and now that I have the VC version (no freezing), it could go higher...the main thing keeping it from going is how much annoyance is associated it because of some of the zealous fans. The other games have their overzealous fans who will blindly come to the game's rescue at any given time--you know who these people are and I might be one of them--but not only does MM, at times, have the worst, but they have the most. You really couldn't get a more accurate description of the fanbase than "cult".

I think the DS zeldas are just barely better than the cdi games, but apparently they are really fun? I don't like them at all.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Mm, I definitely hate Zelda Skyward Sword alongside the whole Call of Duty series bar Black Ops. Whereas everyone is fawning (or fawned, I should say) over SS, I was stuck in the corner with my fuming hatred of the game. I hate that it's so linear for no reason, I hate that the sword-combat is far more mundane and even more irritating than the stylus controls! It's just chock full of the problems - the problems that other Zelda titles wouldn't so dare as host (bar linearity).

The CoD series suffers from much the same as SS: it's too short, it's too linear, and you're basically given everything so you don't have to work. That's regarding singleplayer. The multiplayer portion of CoD is far too casual - knifes shouldn't be one hit kills, guns are ridiculously overpowered and aren't offset by anything, spawns are stupid, and of course the game modes are hilariously bad. I genuinely liked Black Ops; sure it had the knife problem but all CoDs have at least since MW1. Still, SMGs shot fast but were offset by the low clip/magazine size. Ghost sure was a pain, but with a bit of skill you could sight enemies even with the perk pro'd up. Maps were great and the map packs were EVEN BETTER. Game was just fun. Before BO and after BO, things have died. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the series even buying BO2 day one, but I hate the series all the same.

I almost said MM. I actually love MM. It's in my Top #5 Zelda's and now that I have the VC version (no freezing), it could go higher...the main thing keeping it from going is how much annoyance is associated it because of some of the zealous fans. The other games have their overzealous fans who will blindly come to the game's rescue at any given time--you know who these people are and I might be one of them--but not only does MM, at times, have the worst, but they have the most. You really couldn't get a more accurate description of the fanbase than "cult".
;)

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Epic Mickey, hands down. It looked cool, but the darkness got to you until it didn't. The paint and thinner were annoying to control. And most definitely I haaated the fact that one action you did could cut off a whole bunch of things you could have wanted to do before you know they existed. Especially if you couldn't find how to do the thing you want, so you have to cave and do the other thing you don't want to do just to continue the game. I just did not like that game. Like at all.

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
Any first person shooter but especially COD.

Edit: For the record I like Pokemon Snap, kinda wish there was a current day one, with less cruelty encouragement.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I could add games like Halo, CoD, GoW, and other FPS titles, but I guess that would be unfair since I've barely played them. Oh and I don't know about the other PoP games, but Sands of Time bored me to tears.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Epic Mickey, hands down. It looked cool, but the darkness got to you until it didn't. The paint and thinner were annoying to control. And most definitely I haaated the fact that one action you did could cut off a whole bunch of things you could have wanted to do before you know they existed. Especially if you couldn't find how to do the thing you want, so you have to cave and do the other thing you don't want to do just to continue the game. I just did not like that game. Like at all.

Epic Mickey is actually a half-loved, half-hated game. It's one of those games that has been both widely praised and widely panned. So you're not alone.

Edit: For the record I like Pokemon Snap, kinda wish there was a current day one, with less cruelty encouragement.

Wii U would be great for a Snap sequel. Who knows, maybe I'd wind up liking that one.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Call of Duty and Halo and…well, any game similar to them as well really. Oh, and Grand Theft Auto, I hate those games. Realistically speaking there are a lot of games I hate that a lot of people like, I'll end my list with those ones though, don't really feel like thinking about what other ones there are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom