• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games You Forget How to Play

The only thing I forget about is what games have the camera controls inverted or not. It got annoying when I tried to look left on Final Fantasy XIII and I ended up looking right.

Selda

Mysteries of the Deep
Never. I also seem to know which game has what and how to do it, even if i'm playing a mario game and then play NSMBWII, i know how to control Mario. Like Kingdom Hearts Series is an Example of this. It's because i've played all games so many times, i know which game has these controls and which Wii game has these controls......

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Never happened to me. I mean yeah, I get rusty when I haven't played a video game in a long time, or when I've played an inverted game, or a game in a series that plays differently than previous ones. But that's about it. The rest is a 6th sense or just plain ole video game logic.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
After playing Skyward Sword for months, I attempted to play Twilight Princess. I swear, I felt stupid trying to use items.

Same here. :lol:

The only thing I forget about is what games have the camera controls inverted or not. It got annoying when I tried to look left on Final Fantasy XIII and I ended up looking right.

That's why I'm always thankful they give the option to pick between inverted and normal sometimes. I somehow get used to the switch pretty quickly, but that's probably because I'm way more adaptable to control scemes than most people.

In fact, I'm so adaptable to different control schemes (or a lot of stuff that requires learning set patterns) that my problem is the opposite of what this thread asks; my problem is not remembering things as much as much as unlearning them. Want an example? When I played Super Paper Mario, you had to shake the wiimote on air after jumping on an enemy to get a stylish strike, which gives you extra points. After beating it, I went back to Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, which was for gamecube.

In TTYD though, you got stylish hits by pressing the A button on a determined moment after attacking. Well, instead of pressing A, I... start shaking the gamecube controller. I still do it when I play TTYD, actually. I guess it's no joke when they say muscle memory and common sense aren't friends. :P

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
After playing Mario Kart 7 for over 50 hours in the last two weeks, I gave Mario Kart DS a shot. You wouldn't believe how terrible I was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom