• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games You Enjoyed but Didn't Get Well Received

Toon_Link

Super Awesome Member
The games have already been said, but:

Super Mario Sunshine,

This game is actually my favorite 3D Mario game. Most people say Mario Galaxy, or Mario 64. Actually everyone saying Mario Galaxy 2, but I haven't played it yet so I won't judge it. I liked FLUDD, but I didn't like that there wasn't ANY Goombas, or Koopa Troopas. That's a small complaint for me since Yoshi is actually in the game. That's one thing I love about this game. So, maybe Mario Galaxy 2 will be good since there is Yoshi, and Yoshi has power-ups!

Pokemon Colosseum/Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness,

These games were both fun I liked the new concept, and story to this game, and you gotta love Mt. Battle.

Luigi's Mansion,

Why do people hate this game?! It's so much fun I've beaten it like four or five times, and I've been playing it on and off now and again. Maybe it's the same reason as Mario Sunshine since you didn't do any Goomba stomping, and also that it's different. People don't seem to like games that are too different, but if you don't change a game people hate it. that diesn't make much sense to me.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
In all seriousness, Ecco the Dolphin for the Sega Megadrive/Genesis.
I spent so many hours as a kid swimming around, exploring, getting lost, trying to stay alive and generally just having fun. Not to mention the music is so... soothing. I can see why people dislike it, because it's incredibly fustrating and let's face it, it's a dolphin.... but for some reason I had a really awesome experience with this game, so I love it :3

Also, Another Code: Another Memory (Trace Memory in the US) for the DS and Another Code: R for the Wii.
I mean, I know they could be slow at times, and half the time it wasn't clear what you're supposed to do... but no other game managed to make me weep the way these two did. And I'm not a soppy person- they really are touching. Also, I liked the way it was up to you to put the pieces together... heck, in Another Memory there were several offshoots from the main plot that you could complete, and only then did you learn the full story- but it was up to you to figure out what went with what. And I really enjoyed that.

Mini Ninjas as well (for just about every console today)... I had the Xbox 360 version. People criticise its wasted potential, but it's been a long time since I had that much fun messing around in an overworld that didn't belong to a Zelda game. Some of the humour was rather childish too... like Windy Pants (one of the bosses... I'll leave your imagination to figure out what his main attack was), but sometimes games need a break from being totally serious. The game doesn't take itself seriously, and that's what I enjoyed about it. XD

Aaand, I guess I should mention TAoL too... there's a feeling of responsibility and freedom in that game I haven't found in any others, not even other Zelda games. I felt bad when I got a Game Over, like actually, a really terrible person, because it makes it clear you just doomed Hyrule every time you do. It's up to you to make sure you stay alive, because there aren't gonna be fifty million fairies to constantly revive you when you mess up... it really kind of hands you the reigns and that's just awesome. Also, the fighting system is top-notch, and I'd better shut up now or I'd go on all day about this XDD

B

BlackDragon88

Hmm this is hard! Ok the 2nd Raving rabbids game. everybody gave it 2/10 but its a fun game! you can listen to great songs I love listening to Teenager in love. the shooting games are fun! lol That is my game of choosing ;)

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
Like people before me have stated, Kirby Air Ride is just really fun. I probably wouldn't have picked it up on my own though; I got my copy as an unexpected gift. I haven't played it in a while, but I remember spending hours scooting around on the cool different kinds of gliders and getting a real kick out of the drag racing for some reason.

Then there's Ty the Tasmanian Tiger. The boomerang types were simply awesome and the different areas and objectives is slightly reminiscent of Mario games. I like how its characters were based on Australian wildlife; it was new and fun to explore. I'm still mad that I lost that game many a year ago...

Lastly, and it may sound totally cheesy.. but I really enjoyed Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for GBA. Being the "black sheep" in my mario and pokemon infested GBA collection, I only recently picked it up again to finish it. The use of spells was utilized really well, the graphics were nice, and there were significant puzzles to solve. Even though we all know how it ends, I found myself pretty enthralled with that game for a while.

Nye Pendragon

derparific
There's only one of mine that comes to mind, as I'm a bit of a mainstream gamer. xD
(as in, Zelda, Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts, Mario, ect for me.)

But it's called,
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg.

Okay, I don't know ANYBODY who knows what this game is.
It's a Gamecube game made by the Sega team and OH MY GOSH it's so much FUN!
I love this game! It's so cute and amusing, and it's not hard, so it's a nice break from Zelda. It's really tricky sometimes, though!
I don't know if any of you have played/heard of it, but give it a chance. It's super fun.
I found it one day when I went to go buy a game for my birthday and have loved it since then. It ate up my preteen years. xD

Escohobita

King of Those Who Know
I used to play a game called Body Harvest for the N64. Wow I loved that game. It got a good reception, but no one really knew about it. It came from DMA design, who later became a part of Rockstar games. You can see this because parts of this game feel very much like GTA (open world, lots of weapons, kill humans easily). Plus the concept of going back in time and kicking some alien *** rules.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'm gonna have to go with Super Mario Sunshine. I consider this to be the best 3D Mario game. It had fantastic music and levels. FLUDD was great and added an interesting element in gameplay. The game overall was amazing and the concept was new and original and I personally liked it.

Next I'm going with Luigi's Mansion. The game was original and fresh and also shed light on Luigi. I loved the game and felt it is a must own on the Gamecube. I really enjoyed this game and would love it if they do end up making a sequel to this on the 3DS. I also don't understand why Luigi's moves in SSBB wasn't related to Luigi's Mansion.

And my last game for now would have to be Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. In my opinion this is one of the best Sonic games ever. It had very fun and memorable levels, and had very fun Boss fights and a awesome but sad ending with a very cool theme song by Crush40 that I can't get outta my head.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
The game got very good reviews, but for some reason nobody bought it. Beyond Good and Evil is one of my favourite Gamecube games because of it's original story and surprisingly good voice acting (my game has Dutch voice acting though). If you have a PS2, Xbox, Gamecube or PC, you should really try the game someday. It is not expensive and it is awesomeness.

I also liked Spectrobes: Origins for the wii a lot. A lot of people will just say 'Spectrobes? Wasn't that the cheap pokemon clone from Disney that failed?'. It is true that the 'collecting monsters and evolve them' gameplay is similar to pokemon, but it really brought new ideas while the pokemon games (while being very good) keep using the same old formula.

I have to say that the spectrobe games for the DS are not very good, mainly because of the bland characters and crappy fighting system. But the wii game is an entire different story. The spectrobes look awesome, you can explore large areas for fossils and minerals, the voice acting and cinematics are good and the fight system works great. The only thing I didn't like was the design of the evolved spectrobes. Most of them have an awesome baby and adult form, but then the evolved form is often large and very weird looking. The game gets average reviews for being boring and generic, but I really love this game. Disney XD should make an animated series of this instead of those horrible 'two stupid kids in a stupid hotel with stupid jokes' shows.

I don't have to explain what most zelda fans think of the cd-i zelda games, but I really like Link: Faces of Evil. The cutscenes are bad and the Dutch voice acting is horrible, but the overal game is so much fun. I played MM for the first time too that week and I have to admit that I enjoyed playing Link: Faces of Evil a lot more than MM. I know I'm going to piss off a lot of zelda fans with this statement and don't get me wrong, MM is a very good game and it deserves all respect. The forced 3 day time limit and time specific side quests just didn't appeal to me as much as a simple 'kill ganon with a book' game with no time limits.

[FONT= "Comic Sans MS"]The Star Ocean series is actually my favorite game series, although I don't know very many people who know about it besides friends. Anyone on here play Star Ocean?[/FONT]

TheWakerofWinds

Beat Minish Cap *___*
.___. the world ends with you. Terrific game by Square Enix (and I hate FF and KH!!!) Good Reception, but no one really knows about it.... Besides like 10 people I've seen on the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom