• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games You Enjoyed but Didn't Get Well Received

Jedizora

:right:
I really liked exitabots trick racing but nobody bought it so i can never find anyone online. How can you always find matches on Mw2( i gave it a 7.5) but never on exitebots(9.5)?

Majora's Cat

How about that
@PhantomTriforce

Do not rely on only one source of reviews. Websites like GameRankings, Metacritic and MobyGames tell the true story. It puts together all the reviews and average them out. On GameRankings, TP for GC is actually the 11th highest rated game ever.

KratosFan

JUDGEMENT!
I would Love to say fire Emblem because other than Radiant Dawn/Path of Radiance, i don't think it's very popular outside of japan. in fact, most people only know about it from super smash bros >.> but if you guys think that Fire Emblem is too well known, i can choose something else. honestly, i don't see any reason why people can complain about the series at all, i think it's pretty great.

EDIT:
also, what do you guys consider underrated? because a LOT of the games you guys have said are in the lists for top 100 most selling games of all time >.>

Kybyrian

There's definitely one game that I can name right off of the top of my head. Almost nobody knows what this game was. Part of it is that the game is so old, but most people just didn't hear of it because the word didn't get around. This game is The Guardian Legend. Baysiderulez showed it to me recently and it's a great game. Definitely one of the most expansive NES games out there. Giant world and just plain awesome. It's actually considered to be a lot like The Legend of Zelda for NES. Cutting out the sword, that is. It's also pretty dang hard.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I am not sure if it was really that underrated or not, but I kind of like the Fire Emblem series.

N

Ness199X

I really enjoyed Star Tropics for the NES but many websites gave it a 7/10 or 8/10. Heck, I saw one website that rated it 6/10. Yeah it can be challenging, but it's an enjoyable game once you've learned to get pass that and get used to the controls. Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire also seemed to get low scores. I thought it was a pretty good addition to the Pokemon series and introduced some cool new Pokemon. Diamond and Pearl also scored a 7/10 on most sites. D/P is my least favorite of the series but I didn't it was that bad. It just leaves me wondering..

Sonic the Hedgehog's series. I've played a lot of the more recent games (not all, admittedly) and thought they were good despite all the bad reviews. I'm usually not too quick to judge the games based on reviews, but they've made me reluctant to even get the games. In particular the ones I'm missing are Sonic Unleashed, and the Black Knight (or whatever the one is where he has the sword.)

G

gUtSLyOiR

Split second, but i guess at the time too many people went with Blur. Personally, i prefer driving through a michael bay movie than basically mario kart with a touch of realism... the chaos is also more funneled in split second, too.
Metal Arms, I will personally high five anyone who can tell me that they own this game for their xbox. It's freakin amazing. think run and gun third person shooter robot action. i liked it so much more than modern cover shooters, having to outgun AND outrun the opposition as opposed to staying behind a convenient wall.
Quake Wars. WAY too many people shrugged this game off and bought tf2... they were missing out. tf2 is great, and thanks to its updates its shown far more longevity, as Quake wars on the verge of death, but the mission structure and class balancing of Quake wars is immaculate.

those are the immediate ones that come to mind

Wielder of Aegis

Greetings everypony!
The Wii version of Okami is one of my favorite games of all time, story-wise and gameplay-wise, but I've heard that it originally didn't do too well on the PS2. I think Zeruda mentioned this one, but the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series (particularly 3 and 4) are spectacular RPG's, but they're not too well known either. Are there any other Persona fans on these forums? :puppy:

If I had to say something, it would be Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements for the Xbox 360. The game wasn't received very well, but I thought that it was really fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom