• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games You Don't Like That Everyone Else Loves

Ganondork

goo
Ghost said:
Call of Duty: A game that people buy every year because they don't know what a good game is. ****, people online were calling Advanced Warfare Call of Duty 2014 before they knew the title because it's just a yearly cash-in. Activision and whatever other company is developing the game care more about the money they will earn than making the game much better than the last. The series is just repetitive.

That's a stretch to say that everyone loves Call of Duty. I haven't heard anyone at my school talk about buying Call of Duty for nearly two years. And online, especially around here, there is quite a bit of anti-Call of Duty discussion. In fact, it was cool on sites like Reddit to just endlessly bash the series. The fact is that they make these annually because they know people will buy them. It's the same reason why two Assassin's Creed games are going to be released this year; it's a guaranteed best selling title. But a lot of people who play the game know it's a cash grab, and just enjoy it for 10 or so hours before putting it down for the year.

I've played and cannot give a **** for Generation III of Pokémon, and when I say that I'm excluding the spin-offs. Sapphire, Ruby, and Emerald were hardly appealing to me, and the remakes for them don't have me very excited.

For a lot of people, it was their first Pokemon game. That's the case with me. If it wasn't for the nostalgia factor, Y would probably be my favorite. I just invested so much time into it that I adore it in every way. I really loved it above all other Pokemon games, and I sort of hold it on a pedestal because of it. I hope the remakes meet up to my unrealistic standards, but I doubt they will.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Wind Waker. Please don't hit me.

Not at all. I completely understand that, the Great Sea is far too big for its own good, the game's also way too easy, and the Triforce Hunting Quest almost made me quit the game first time through (and I still dread having to go through that in any future endeavors). So, I totally get where you're coming from, even though I personally like the art direction.

Triforce Hermit

Praise the Sun
Bravely Default: The story was terrible and half-way through the game was boring (for obvious reasons to those who have played).
Quake/Doom: Just never clicked with me. I do like Unreal and Wolfenstien though.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
Most FPS games and the GTA series. I don't know. Those games never really made me go, "WHOA SO FUN." I'm not exactly a huge fan of Final Fantasy either. Or Kirby. Or Sonic. Or Megaman. Oh and the Persona series too.

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
I don't know. It used to be Pokemon, but now I too have fallen into Pokemania. Hm... Mario. I don't like Mario very much. I don't hate it by any means, but I just don't like it personally.

I've played and cannot give a **** for Generation III of Pokémon, and when I say that I'm excluding the spin-offs. Sapphire, Ruby, and Emerald were hardly appealing to me, and the remakes for them don't have me very excited.

The irony behind this is most people see Gen III as the start of the Dork Age for the series. I guess it is due to the nostalgia factor because honestly, as much as I'm excited for the remakes, R/S/E isn't my favorite mainstream Pokemon game. That honor goes to G/S/C (not R/G/B/Y because those games didn't age well, imo).

Fig

The Altruist
The irony behind this is most people see Gen III as the start of the Dork Age for the series. I guess it is due to the nostalgia factor because honestly, as much as I'm excited for the remakes, R/S/E isn't my favorite mainstream Pokemon game. That honor goes to G/S/C (not R/G/B/Y because those games didn't age well, imo).

It's insane how Gen III divides the fandom to the point that there are Genwunners and Newunners (and yes I jisted learned about that term last week and is very similar to Genwunners except they only prefer the newer gens and hate the originals). That said, I am not a Newwunner as I merely try to explain to Genwunners and Gen III fanatics that they can't judge the newer gens for a certain aspect such as having inanimate objects for a design of a Pokémon when it obviously exists in the gens that they are protecting and claiming it doesn't appear in their gens. They need to either stop wearing their nostalgia glasses and appreciate each gen for what it is or just don't buy any of the upcoming Pokémon games unless it's a remake of their favorite generation.

I like Gen III, but there is no way I'm going to use a Gen to complain about another gen simply because it doesn't follow the flow of design. We need more people like you sis as you said, you are excited for the remakes but at least you are not those people that I hear saying "YES. POKÉMON IS FINALLY GOING TO BE GREAT AGAIN. OMG GUIS CAN'T YOU FEEL THE LOVE?". Even the staff of Pokémon Dungeon knows how to appreciate the franchise correctly. Yes we each have our favorite gens, but we don't say that the franchise has to follow a specific Gen when it cones to design.

prince rallis

I'm a huge metal fan.
I can think of four off the top of my head:

Super Mario Galaxy 1/2: I just found these games to be a bit to sluggish and boring.

Super Mario 64: Same thing as the galaxy games

Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness: I absolutely hated this game,I will say it's not the worst game I've ever played(that would be Santa Claus Saves the Earth)and it's not necessarily a bad game,I just hated it,I hated the fact that every battle was a double battle,there were no wild Pokemon,all the characters looked either freaky or ugly,and Jovi.I could rant on alot longer about this game,but I think I'll save that for another time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom