• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games You Don't Like That Everyone Else Loves

As much as I love Super Mario world, I agree with everything you said about it.

Although I would say Super Mario Bros 2 is my favourite Mario game but that's just me. It doesn't use too many power-ups the health upgrades don't carry over to new levels so you can;t really "break" the game and have too much power-ups like Mario World.
SMB2 is a great game, I like it a lot. I'll have to try out Doki Doki Panic sometime too to see just how much changed, because if the original game is just as good, it's still one of my favorites on the NES.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I have a friend who despises earthbound so much, that one time we and two other guys were playing random selection in SSBB. He got Ness and ordered us to immediately quit the match and repick. The guys hates that game to death.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Just based on what you said... I get the feeling that you have never played any TES game before. But since you mentioned selling your copy of Oblivion, it more so seems like you just played it for a few days or so and gave up. It certainly is a weak point in the series. But it isn't that bad if you give it a chance. In fact, that's how all the TES games are. They feel odd starting out, and then people just give up there. but if you stick with it, it'll grow on you and you'll be obsessed. Also, a lot of people got turned off of Oblivion simply because of the bad voice acting and weird character models. But the game play and story was still good.

Dude, I played Oblivion for 50 hours. 50. FREAKING. HOURS that I can never get back. I gave this game more of a chance than I usually ever do for games, and it just never clicked. And if that's how all Elder Scrolls games are then count me out.

Non-linearity is what makes them so popular. And there actually is a variety of scenery. Every game has its own unique areas and landscapes. And it can be as linear as you want it to be. You can single-mindedly pursue the main quest if you want. And just go from quest to quest and not do anything else. Though it'll probably make the games more difficult. Especially Morrowind, that game is rather unforgiving.

I guess I just don't care all that much for non-linearity. Not really my kind of series, it seems like.

No, don't get Morrowind on Xbox. It was made for PC and it was a very, VERY bad port to the Xbox. Very laggy and glitchy. And you're going to want to get the unofficial patches anyway. The game's nearly unplayable without them.

Hehe, my PC sucks and can't run any games on it worth beans. Guess I'm not getting Morrowind then...

Garo

Boy Wonder
I guess I just don't care all that much for non-linearity. Not really my kind of series, it seems like.

/pulls Quaffler into a gentle embrace, softly stroking his chin, and whispers "You're my new favorite," into his ear.

For real, though, Skyrim is the only one that I don't really like. Loved Morrowind, loved Oblivion. Just could not find myself drawn into Skyrim. It felt so empty and soulless, like the designers got caught up on their ability to render the world and fill it with caves and mini-dungeons that they forgot to make any of that content feel meaningful and rewarding. Sure, I can stumble around the wilderness for a while and come across a bandit camp. But it's functionally identical to the bandit camp I fought ten minutes ago, with no new story or reason to care about Bandit Camp #2. It's a game that is novel for about three hours, after which you've more or less seen it all.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Minecraft, Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Halo, League of Legends, and just so many others honestly...I am really picky about the games I enjoy. lol

キラ

Yo!
Call of Duty: A game that people buy every year because they don't know what a good game is. ****, people online were calling Advanced Warfare Call of Duty 2014 before they knew the title because it's just a yearly cash-in. Activision and whatever other company is developing the game care more about the money they will earn than making the game much better than the last. The series is just repetitive.

But to the people who say all FPS's are the same - if that's your opinion, I guess I have to accept that. But Halo is much different from CoD and even Battlefield is (32 v 32, more realistic and strategic).

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
*Inhales*

God of War. I HATE THAT GAME. I think it is one of the most overrated, overhyped, bitter games ever. Hack and slash. Sex. Hack and slash. Murder an immortal god. Repeat. That's why people say video games are bad for people.

Kirby. My girlfriend loves this game. I just can't get into it. It's just...lame. Sorry, babe.

Final Fantasy. I tried liking this game, A LOT. Turns out the only person that I feel sorry for, care about, or even like, is Snow Villiers from FFXIII. That's my boi.

Shin Megami Tensei/ Persona. Sorry. Tried it. It sucks.

Bravely Default. I kind of feel bad for not liking this game. To me, it's just another Final Fantasy copy. No like.

Grand Theft Auto. Being a red-blooded American, I tried to like this too. But I can't stop killing civies and jumping off of big buildings. Plus, too distasteful.

Ultimate Monster Hunter 3. Sorry, couldn't get into it.

*Exhales*
That's all I can think of right now.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Another one I should mention:

Kid Icarus: Uprising. I recognize that the game was awesome to look at and I really do enjoy the flying segments...a LOT. But the controls are just painful. I heard someone say "no, you're just doing it wrong"...but this game came with the 3DS stand...literally, it comes with it in a box. Nintendo KNEW that the controls would be harsh on the hands. Don't even pretend that they didn't know. Plus, the camera can be a real pain in the arse when on land, in certain spots. I just couldn't finish this game. It caused too many hand cramps and not enough fun to keep me interested.

Fig

The Altruist
There are just certain games that I can't get into no matter how hard I tried to stay playing. It's not that I hate the games, but because they just don't fit for me i or what I expect to see in the games which in most cases are the former. These games include:

• God of War
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • Call of Duty
  • Cooking Mama
  • Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

These are just a few of the games and/or series that I really tried to get into but I just couldn't no matter what. Maybe I will try them again in the distant future.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Also, Phoenix Wright: Ace attorney, I just couldn't get into it, and I'm aware many love the series to death.

Socrates Jones: Pro Philosopher, was a different story.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Pretty much...every FPS. Metroid is the only tolerable one I've found so far and even then I'm not a huge fan...and some claim it's not a FPS to begin with. I especially hate the majority of which where the death is often instantaneous....I just...hate having to rely solely on sneak attacks.

Not a fan of GTA either. I consider that to be the most vulgar game series to exist.

Not a fan of Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Don't like the Elder Scrolls series.

Minecraft

Pokemon: I used to be a fan, but...it feels like there's just too much now. Too much crap to keep track of. And I got sick of starting over, having to catch all the Pokemon again, and then having to grind.

Most MMOs. Ironically, I love playing Runescape...but that's just it. I already grinded my *** off on one game for years. I can't keep doing this ****.

Original Animal Crossing: I'm enjoying New Leaf right now. But that's only because I play with my friends a lot. The game feels pointless and boring alone.

Donkey Kong Country series. This includes the new ones.

Last edited:

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Pretty much...every FPS. Metroid is the only tolerable one I've found so far and even then I'm not a huge fan...and some claim it's not a FPS to begin with. I especially hate the majority of which where the death is often instantaneous....I just...hate having to rely solely on sneak attacks.

Not a fan of GTA either. I consider that to be the most vulgar game series to exist.

Not a fan of Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Don't like the Elder Scrolls series.

Minecraft

Pokemon: I used to be a fan, but...it feels like there's just too much now. Too much crap to keep track of. And I got sick of starting over, having to catch all the Pokemon again, and then having to grind.

Most MMOs. Ironically, I love playing Runescape...but that's just it. I already grinded my *** off on one game for years. I can't keep doing this ****.

Original Animal Crossing: I'm enjoying New Leaf right now. But that's only because I play with my friends a lot. The game feels pointless and boring alone.

Donkey Kong Country series. This includes the new ones.

What even do you like?

GTA. I just think it's boring. It's just kinda... It gets old really fast for me.

Super Mario Sunshine. I don't like this game much at all, and it isn't because of F.L.U.D.D. I dislike it because of the insane difficulty of that stupid manta ray thing, and also the lack of regular Mario enemies, such as the Goomba, Koopa, and Buzzy Beetle.

Sonic Adventure II. Had I played this when it came out I probably would like it more now, but having played it only recently, I can't see how this is still as popular as it is. It just really has aged very poorly, I guess.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Hate all ya want, but I dislike this game for the same reason I dislike Sonic Adventure II. I played Wind Waker and Twilight Princess before Ocarina of Time. Both aforementioned games have better and more solid gameplay, graphics, music, etc. And you could say, "well, OoT was good for it's time!" Well, it isn't OoT's time anymore.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Hate all ya want, but I dislike this game for the same reason I dislike Sonic Adventure II. I played Wind Waker and Twilight Princess before Ocarina of Time. Both aforementioned games have better and more solid gameplay, graphics, music*, etc. And you could say, "well, OoT was good for it's time!" Well, it isn't OoT's time anymore.

*This is the only thing I can disagree with when it comes to that statement. I feel as if OoT's and MM's music, despite the era they were created in, are much more timeless. I don't even remember most of the songs from TP and WW, save the Dragon Roost Island theme and the opening theme from WW. And while I may have played OoT as a child, I didn't play MM until I was around 16, so I don't think there is much nostalgia there. The theme at the Deku Palace just kicks so much ***...

But as for gameplay and graphics...gameplay is debatable, but graphics are a no brainer. Level design is also debatable. But this isn't a debate thread, so I won't say any more :P

/pulls Quaffler into a gentle embrace, softly stroking his chin, and whispers "You're my new favorite," into his ear.

For real, though, Skyrim is the only one that I don't really like. Loved Morrowind, loved Oblivion. Just could not find myself drawn into Skyrim. It felt so empty and soulless, like the designers got caught up on their ability to render the world and fill it with caves and mini-dungeons that they forgot to make any of that content feel meaningful and rewarding. Sure, I can stumble around the wilderness for a while and come across a bandit camp. But it's functionally identical to the bandit camp I fought ten minutes ago, with no new story or reason to care about Bandit Camp #2. It's a game that is novel for about three hours, after which you've more or less seen it all.

Naught but wisdom flows from your mouth.

In all seriousness, I was extremely disappointed in Skyrim. I haven't played the other Elder Scroll games, but Skyrim was unbelievably boring for me. I really looked forward to this game too: I pre-ordered the game and got the hardcover player's guide to go with it. At least the player's guide sold for a good amount of money. XD The game... not so much. :S

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I've played and cannot give a **** for Generation III of Pokémon, and when I say that I'm excluding the spin-offs. Sapphire, Ruby, and Emerald were hardly appealing to me, and the remakes for them don't have me very excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom