• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games with the worst save designs

A lot of games save automatic, others have you manually saving and others have save points littered throughout the game...

But which games have you played where the saving options have been awful?

The worst save feature I ever saw was in Crash Bandicoot on PS1. If I recall, you had to complete one of those "break the create" challenges in order to save the game and if you missed one you couldn't try again unless you started the level again.

This was so terrible, I'm glad this was fixed in the N sane Trilogy to autosaving and manually saving. What idiot thought it was a good idea to make people complete a challenge in order to save a game?! That's just insane.....

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Dunno if I'd consider it the worst, but having to talk to the king and/or priests in Dragon Quest is tedious. I mean, yeah, it's a series' staple by now and the only reason people seem to tolerate it is because of tradition I guess. Honestly, having to trek or warp across the map to the nearest town to save is a dicey enough prospect, but why does every save session have to be this ridiculously drawn out song and dance with two or three confirmation dialogs and six or seven lines of text???

Just "confess" and be done with it already!!!

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
The worst save feature I ever saw was in Crash Bandicoot on PS1. If I recall, you had to complete one of those "break the create" challenges in order to save the game and if you missed one you couldn't try again unless you started the level again.

This was so terrible, I'm glad this was fixed in the N sane Trilogy to autosaving and manually saving. What idiot thought it was a good idea to make people complete a challenge in order to save a game?! That's just insane.....
specifically you have to get 3 tawna tokens which are scattered around levels which would then take you to those break the crate segments, you dont need to break all of them but if you fall off in those segments, yeah, you aint saving

the type of saving method I like the least is saving only after you beat a level, an example that comes to mind is luigi's mansion 2 which is mission based, some of those missions can take quite a bit of time but you can't save unless you finish it, so you either sit there and do so you start it from the beginning later on, its not great

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
You see autosaving is the best for me because manual saving kinda ruins stuff and littered save statues are a hassle if you need to go somewhere but can't save or pause. This said, I currently can't think of a game I actually thought saving was horrible

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom