• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games We Overlooked

WW IsDa Bombchu

Fez+Bowtie=Time
Earthbound/Mother series - Got almost no credit outside of Japan, and none of the fame it clearly deserved.

Super Mario Sunshine - Mario cleans up paint... and rides Yoshi who changes colors and spits fruit while wearing and using a jet pack/turbo blast/ magic water hose thing. Plus Bowser!

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Sure, you ride a train instead of getting to explore, but it has one of my favorite villains in LoZ, which makes it special. And that villain is Cole, not Malladus,

Spiderman: Web of Shadows - Possibly the only game about Peter Parker that wasn't a craptastic cash-in

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars - During the first month of this, people bought some Petz game twice as much as this...

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
Chrono Cross-Often dismissed as being too distant from Chrono Trigger's storyline, this game features amazing gameplay, a huge cast of recruitable characters that are interesting as well as an amazing story. The game's tropic setting makes it look really pretty in my opinion.

StarTropics-Not a lot of people played this mainly due to its lack of publicity. Its basically a Zelda clone that has many different items to kill monsters with. I mean, if it's a Zelda clone it's obviously good. ;)

Metroid Prime-I know this game is really popular now, but it was overlooked when it was first shown because the classic 2-D gameplay in games like Super Metroid were taken to a first-person perspective. Many people were skeptical as to whether this could "work."

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
Beyond good and evil.
An amazing game with great gameplay and an unforgettable story.
Too bad it was under-appreciated and didn't sell well. We might never get a sequel :(

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
Re-doing my list(like a boss);
Sonic and the Black Knight: The graphics were good I guess, and the gameplay was hit or miss but I felt satisfyed :)

EVERY FINAL FANTASY BEFORE VI(Excluding IV?): I Feel as though, especially Final Fantasy I And III, don't get alot of attention anymore and they really should. They all have really good battle systems and are good in their own way :)

Any NES Game with 2/II: Yeah, Zelda II And Mario 2(US). Need I Say more?

Blue Dragon
The Baten Kaitos games
Both Sacred games
Eternal Sonata

Those are just a few I can think of right now.

I don't know how I managed it, but I never knew how amazing Chrono Trigger was until a year or two ago. I felt so foolish for overlooking it.

Nayrulinkx

Japanese Wannabe
Definitely the Mother/EarthBound series.
Mother 1,2, and 3 were only released in Japan, but an American version of Mother 2 was made, called EarthBound.
But a group of people, the leader being Tomato, have made a fan translation of Mother 3.
I honestly liked Mother 3 better than most 2D Zelda games! No Zelda game has made me sad, but on the other hand...
And for anyone that has played EarthBound, This Reply Stinks!

I agree with a lot of what people have posted already. Here are some of mine

-Beyond Good and Evil (PS2): blew me away when I first played it. My friends hadn't even heard of the game before
-Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (SNES): I had a lot more fun with this than I did the first game. It never got the same popularity though.
-Perfect Dark (N64): Sequel to Goldeneye, the multiplayer was VERY improved and advanced for its time. Yet it never got as much credit as it should have gotten
-Dark Cloud (PS2): Great action game with some unique gameplay. Very similar to Zelda.

-Amplitude and Frequency (PS2): Two of my favorite PS2 games. If you are a music game fan, these are must-plays. They are made by Harmonix, who created Guitar Hero. Which is frustrating because it means we will never see a sequel to these games because of the popularity of guitar games.

I also think the 2D Zelda games are overlooked by most of the newer Zelda fans, especially A Link to the Past
Same thing with Final Fantasy games before VII

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom