• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games that physically affected you

I was playing overwatch one day and peeked the side of the payload. I looked right at a hanzo arrow that was headed for my hero's left eye. When that arrow hit, my actual left eye became very strained. I think I focused in on it so quickly that I pulled an eye muscle, idk. But I legit felt that arrow hit irl.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I often get motion sickness playing certain games but if varies greatly game to game. I've also played for hours and hours until my eyes were very red a couple of times in the past. I suppose the Wii probably gave me some wrist pain at some point but I don't remember any specific instances.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Its happened 2 times and both were Wii games but it was different reactions. Whenever I fight Ghirahim in SS and he catches the sword, the motion required to get it out of his hand hurt my wrist. The other time was trying to play Xenoblade on a CTR, it gave me a headace cuz that game is not meant for a full screen, it has to have a wide screen.

MW7

Guitar Hero and Rock Band made me physically sore multiple times. Drumming on higher difficulties can really take a toll on your calves.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Depending on the game and how the camera works in it, I can get motion sickness. Also, as some have mentioned, if you're very focused on something difficult and/or exciting, heart rate can go up.
But the biggest thing for me is that Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky makes me cry

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
GORN it's a VR game and the first I played without teleportation movement. I felt sick for ages after that. I haven't been sick from VR since even games with non teleportation movement but I never had the courage to go back to GORN.

Fig

The Altruist
Not sure if crying would count as a physical effect even though there is a physical element to it. If yes, then there have been some RPGs that emotional touched me that I had to cry during certain aspects. If we are not counting crying, fighting games physically affect me as my hands tend to jitter with anxiety after multiple sets in and out of bracket.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom