• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games That Have Twins

I was thinking about timelines and I realized that most Zelda games are really close to the same. Some examples are:
LA and PH(already a thread about similarities)
OoX and MM(go to different world/dimension and save it)
ALttP and TP(dark and light worlds that are eventually transversible and go to Hyrule Castle and find Zelda without even knowing her)
MC and ST(mini people that have a special sword and help Link, corners of the map are turned one clockwise)
FS and FSA(self-explanatory)
Nothing like LoZ, AoL and WW. Tell me if you have any ideas.

Well, there's WW and PH, there very similar, if not twins. And LA and MM, LttP and OoT, OoT and TP, LttP and FSA, LA and OoX. Most games are similar to other ones, it's the fault of Nintendo though.

Octo Rocked

Dr. Octorokapus BLAAAAAH!
ALttP and OoT both have the same basic formula and have better parallels than ALttP and TP. For example, Aghanim/Ganondorf parallel each other, the pendants mirror the three gems used to open the temple of time, and the maidens match up with the sages pretty well.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Not similar I'm talking same storyline, basically. I forgot that if AlttP=TP then Agahnim=Zant
It's very true, but you also have to consider that Aonuma has desperately been trying to recreate and surpass the ingenuity of ALttP. He tried a remake with OoT, but that turned into its own thing. However, it gained a lot of popularity, and now he's trying to surpass that as well.

I don't think the games necessarily have "twins" on purpose, but the way things are turning out is definitely due to Aonuma's trying to recreate something from long ago instead of focusing on the future. The games have all turned out great, yes, but even a gamer who isn't dedicated to the Zelda series can see the similarities between games.

Still, storyline-wise, I don't think any of them are "twins". Close, but not close enough that we aren't given something new. OoT and TP might be very much like ALttP story-wise, but there are still plenty of differences between them.

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
The MC and ST comparisons make no sense at all, you're comparing severely miniature life forms, to a race of overly short people and how do either of the maps become similar by whatever your spelling error was supposed to say was in effect. Being that Minish Cap has no ocean or snow filled area and desert?

The MC and ST comparisons make no sense at all, you're comparing severely miniature life forms, to a race of overly short people and how do either of the maps become similar by whatever your spelling error was supposed to say was in effect. Being that Minish Cap has no ocean or snow filled area and desert?

There are definitely no spelling errors. You would think a 20 year old would know how to spell. And about the corners of the map, the fire place was moved from NW to the NE, the water place moved from NE to SE, the forest moved from SE to SW and well I guess the ice and sky doesn't add up but anyway it's pretty close.

I honestly can't see ST and MC as twins. You're comparing the size of the Picori to the Lokomo. The Lokomo were not miniature people, they were just a bit shorter than Link and Zelda where as the Picori are maybe the size of one of Link's toes, maybe even smaller.
The only way the Picori and the Lokomo compare is by the Swords, the Picori Blade and the Lokomo Sword, which really isn't that strong an argument that they're twins.

As for the maps, I can't say much because I'm still playing MC and am not too familiar with its map.

There are definitely no spelling errors. You would think a 20 year old would know how to spell. And about the corners of the map, the fire place was moved from NW to the NE, the water place moved from NE to SE, the forest moved from SE to SW and well I guess the ice and sky doesn't add up but anyway it's pretty close.
You do know that the location of this person is revealed, right? It says New Zealand, which is probably a different country where you live. Spellings there can differ from how you spell them.

You do know that the location of this person is revealed, right? It says New Zealand, which is probably a different country where you live. Spellings there can differ from how you spell them.

No spellings are different. English is English. (50.0000000000000000)

No spellings are different. English is English. (50.0000000000000000)
Wow... you're wrong. Did you know that there is a difference in English and American English? Well, now you know. There are words that are spelled differently. For example, the word color. Here in America it is spelled "color" and in some other places it is spelled "colour."

And now reading some other of your posts, I see you meant in Storyline. Again, the only similarity is in swords. But the Picori Blade was handed down to the Hero of Men by the Picori and if I recall, the Lokomo Sword was never handed down to anyone in the intro as it belonged to the Spirits of Good (I think that's what Niko called them, can't remember...)

Last edited:
But it was handed down. Remember in the intro of ST it says after the Lokomos defeated Malladus they went back the heavens. Then they were back down on land in ST and Anjean gave Link the Lokomo Sword so in a way it was handed down.

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
corners of the map are turned one clockwise

You'd think someone who would make a ballsy move like to mock someone over understanding of spelling and grammar would make sure his post was had both correct grammar and no spelling mistakes.

The point of your thread is to try and get people to see things that in your opinion are similar between the games in the series is it not, and you aren't really making that point if you choose making fun of my post as you obviously didn't understand that I was pointing out that with the way you have worded that, very few outside you yourself will be able to understand what you're trying to put across here.

As I originally said, you've failed to state which map you were rotating to match them up. And even if I place speculation here and guess it's the ST Map you're trying to rationalise, there's the fact that there are no open ocean areas and desert area on the MC Map, and no cemetery, no castle and temple in the sky and no marsh like area in the ST Map.

And if we're going for vague similarities, the Minish Forest area does not open up to the sea in our knowledge, Lake Hylia is not an Ocean, and Mt Crenel whilst being a mountainous, volcano area, does not border a snowfieldish region or a desert region.

And just to bang the point home, if the sword similarity is comparable to anything, it would be PH as you have to refuse/remake the sword with shiny rocks, just like MC.

So yeah, not flaming, but your reply offered little in the area of credible discussion. Thinking about it, i'm surprised this hasn't been moved or closed, as it has nothing at all to do with Timeline theorising, and really belongs in World of Zelda/ Mysteries of Zelda if at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom