• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games Others Find Bad But You Still Enjoy

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic Elements on the Xbox 360 is a pretty bad game, honestly. But I love it. It's just so much fun, even if it's glitchy and super simple.

I see people hate on The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks a lot, but it's my favorite Zelda game. I really love the story and the puzzles and the dungeons, and I especially love the teamwork between Link and Zelda. That's my favorite part of the game. I also really love that Zelda is the partner, and I like her character a lot. I love the friendship between her and Link that forms throughout the game. It's really great.

I really don't mind the gameplay or the trains; the things I see people hate on most. The gameplay and controls are much smoother and more fluid than in Phantom Hourglass; improvements were made, and they were made well. And I really liked traveling by train. I can understand how some people didn't like being confined to the tracks, but I honestly didn't mind it that much. Maybe I just have a soft spot for trains...

Agreed. I'm still not a fan of the controls, but they're hell of a lot better than PH's.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Fable II and especially Fable III. I mean... sure they're no Elder Scrolls, but they're not anywhere near as bad as they're made out to be. I really enjoyed Fable III. I've yet to play the first one, though I do have a chance now I suppose with the HD remake. I'll get around to buying it sometime. I've heard nothing but bitter hatred for this series from most people and I just can't understand why.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Fable II and especially Fable III. I mean... sure they're no Elder Scrolls, but they're not anywhere near as bad as they're made out to be. I really enjoyed Fable III. I've yet to play the first one, though I do have a chance now I suppose with the HD remake. I'll get around to buying it sometime. I've heard nothing but bitter hatred for this series from most people and I just can't understand why.

I love the whole Fable series, and I think each game has its merits. Yes, the original remains my favourite, mostly because it had a much more interesting magic usage system, which they sadly walked away from in the sequels, and I didn't appreciate how they scaled down the difficulty with the sequels by eliminating death - but still, I love replaying them, especially Fable III.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Super Mario Bros. 2 for the SNES. I had no idea that it was a remake of a NES game and that apparently I'm supposed to hate it for being a palette swap of another Japanese game. It was my favorite of the original 3 Mario games for it being so off-the-wall with the Phantom faces that chased after you with the key and scaring the crap outta me as a kid, then with that weird dog that shoots eggs & sometimes fireballs outta its mouth, and the eagle that eats you at the end of the stage, and bomb-throwing mouse in that boss stage made out of Lego's, and the bird riding on a magic carpet. It's a very weird game, and I love it.

NFL Blitz, for the N64. I don't know how others feel about this game, whether they liked it or not, but my big bro and I played the crap outta this one. All the wacky tackles, throws, taunts, etc. just made the game a blast.

Spirit Tracks. I don't know why people don't like this game, it's my 4th favorite Zelda game. I love the trains, the challenging dungeon design, the trains, the technological look to everything, the music, the trains, the character development & particularly Zelda's development, and did I mention how awesome the trains were?

LilyPadGeek

Some Weird Person
Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and Spyro: A Hero's Tail (yes, "tail").
I thought the controls were a little inconvenient for certain play positions, such as just wanting to lie down on your back and play, but other than that I really did enjoy those two Zelda ds games.
Spyro: A Hero's Tail was my first Spyro game that I played. We had the others, but I played this one first. I believe it got the worst ratings out of the original Spyros...

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
While Skyward Sword does have its fair share of detractors, there's still quite a large portion of the fanbase who thinks it's a good game. Some think it's a really great game. A few people like myself who think it's the best thing to come out of Nintendo.

i see negativity then i see praise,the whole thing is scrambled for me

Fig

The Altruist
There are many video games that I thought were really great the the majority of the fanbase for that game or the series it is a part of that thought they were total abominations. One of these games that comes to mind is Super Mario Sunshine. Ever since I laid my eyes on that GameCube title, I knew I was in for an incredible adventure, and I was right. It had my favorite plumber, but he wasn't in his 2D platform game that I played prior. From the start, I am introduced into my 2nd 3D Mario game with the first being Super Mario 64. Seeing that the graphics were just beautiful and the 3D world concept reminded me of Super Mario 64, I knew this game was going to be a fan favorite of mine. The more I played the game, the more I enjoyed it! The graphics are still beautiful to this day, the game mechanics were both classic yet used in an interesting and amazing way. Super Mario Sunshine was really a masterpiece and though many will dislike the game, I will have to disagree with them and say that Super Mario Sunshine is a really great game and I do encourage for others to try out Super Mario Sunshine again. One thing that always bothers me is that in terms of gameplay, Super Mario Sunshine is very similar to Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy and people love those two games, yet dislike Sunshine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom