• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games Others Find Bad But You Still Enjoy

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Oh come on, you know you have at least one. That one game you grew up with and had no reference of whether or not it was bad, so it just stuck with you and you can still play it these days and find it charming in some way. Or perhaps it was a game that just appealed to what you liked, and you feel like no one else "gets it". Or a game that is constantly beraded and attacked by either a community or game critics that you still hold near and dear to your heart. This is a thread to share all those games you love that everyone would just look at you and go: "What are you, nuts?"

Myself, I really enjoyed the game Razor Scooter as a child, and can bring it out on occasion for some good old fashioned fun. I recognize that it isn't really the most deep or interesting game in the world, and that the amount of content is seriously lacking, but I found many of the elements charming. And because I never had a memory pack to save the data with on my N64, it basically meant I could never save the game (which is kinda ridiculous if you think about it. Why in the holy f*ck does a game like this need a memory pack?!), but that gave it endless replayability, and means that I can beat it in as little as two hours. Its a very nostalgic game I loved playing as a kid and still get a kick out of today.

NOTE: As is in the Good Games You Hate That Everyone Else Loves thread, please respect people's opinions and tastes. Do not flame or attack people just cause they like something you don't. Thanks in advance :)

Salem

SICK
Clay Fighter for the N64. It's a sequel to the SNES one, it's like Street Fighter except it has fatalities like Mortal Kombat, here they're called "claytalities":P This game had bad reviews when it first came out, but I still loved it.^^

There's also Bubsy for the SNES, again it'a not well liked back in the day, but I loved it. I could not beat it to this very day.:(

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
:shinesprite: Super Mario Sunshine :shinesprite:

Literally, this is my favourite game of all time and I grew up with it, playing it from 2002-2012 as that's when my Wii died. I grew up with this game and grew into it, at first it honestly pissed me off and even scared me sometimes when I was younger, but I got into the flow of things and getting through it became a breeze. I'd play it several times each week or just quite often in general, and have beaten it several times, but only once 100%. Over the recent years I've noticed that a lot of other people seem to harp on Sunshine, saying how it's too hard and too different, naturally since I'm so familiar with it I can't help but disagree every time though.

Hsien Ko

Thread murderer
Resident Evil 5.
I know that it wasn't loved by the Resident Evil community and that it was a copy paste from Resident Evil 4 but it was my first legit RE game. Sure it wasn't scary and sure it wasn't zombies anymore but I love it. To me the game felt just huge and I wanted to explore what this game had to offer and the two player co op was just good since I played every minute with it with my sister and my cousin.

Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly. Sure it's glitchy & unfinished, but honestly, I still think it's an alright game on it's own. It may not be as great as the Insomniac trilogy, but I still think it's fun to play half of the time. Same for Spyro: A Hero's Tail.

Adventure of Link
Simon's Quest
GS: Dark Dawn
KH: 300 and something Days (I can never remember the exact number)
Crystal's Pony Tale
Dixie Kong's Double Trouble

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I see people hate on The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks a lot, but it's my favorite Zelda game. I really love the story and the puzzles and the dungeons, and I especially love the teamwork between Link and Zelda. That's my favorite part of the game. I also really love that Zelda is the partner, and I like her character a lot. I love the friendship between her and Link that forms throughout the game. It's really great.

I really don't mind the gameplay or the trains; the things I see people hate on most. The gameplay and controls are much smoother and more fluid than in Phantom Hourglass; improvements were made, and they were made well. And I really liked traveling by train. I can understand how some people didn't like being confined to the tracks, but I honestly didn't mind it that much. Maybe I just have a soft spot for trains...

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I see people hate on The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks a lot, but it's my favorite Zelda game. I really love the story and the puzzles and the dungeons, and I especially love the teamwork between Link and Zelda. That's my favorite part of the game. I also really love that Zelda is the partner, and I like her character a lot. I love the friendship between her and Link that forms throughout the game. It's really great.

I really don't mind the gameplay or the trains; the things I see people hate on most. The gameplay and controls are much smoother and more fluid than in Phantom Hourglass; improvements were made, and they were made well. And I really liked traveling by train. I can understand how some people didn't like being confined to the tracks, but I honestly didn't mind it that much. Maybe I just have a soft spot for trains...

I enjoyed Spirit Tracks as well. The stylus controls are not my favourite, but the game isn't bad

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Kirby. Not my favorite series, but it's still enjoyable. Dunno why it gets so much crap for being easy. It IS easy, but it's still harder than Zelda OoT and onward.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Kirby. Not my favorite series, but it's still enjoyable. Dunno why it gets so much crap for being easy. It IS easy, but it's still harder than Zelda OoT and onward.

Are you serious? Kirby can get really difficult, especially after the first or second world. Sometimes it's just difficult all the way through, like in Kirby's Dreamland for the GB.

Anyways, not a lot of people like this one, but I enjoy FF8. It just sits well with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom