• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games NOT Starring Link?

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I saw something a few minutes ago that sparked this in my brain, though this may have been a topic before.

What would you think about games of the Legend of Zelda series that were - side-adventure types, specifically games with popular NPCs made PCs and thus heroes?

I think such games might not be given the "LoZ" ur-title, but something indicating that they are a part of the series, showing that Link isn't the only hero of the realms.

I was browsing the blogs and saw something in a list about how "This does not preclude new games set on the Great Sea" - and thought... "What if there was a game where Aryll was the protagonist? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME." I... really happen to like Aryll. I think she'd make a great little pirate-adventurer for a side-title to LoZ DS game. It'd be great if it was a fleshed out adventure... her doing the kind of things her brother would, but with a specific Aryll-twist. (And, of course, she should wear the skull-dress).

Or maybe a game about Midna having to repair her damaged kingdom and take back the Twilight Realm from monsters that have come to rule it since Zant's coup? She can use and gain a wide variety of "dark" magic and mysterious Twilight weaponry as she makes her way to the temples or nodes of her realm to restore spiritual balance. Perhaps there's even an option to switch between Bigna and Impna - the latter used to tame and ride the wild wolves that roam the Twilight.

If "Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland" was made, why not... something else?

Kirino

Tatakae
I would like this. Possibly a photography based side-game starring Lenzo(Pictograph guy from Wind Waker) in his younger days. Back in his younger days, he was a handsome adventurer, who traveled the world, taking pictographs. There's also a possibility that he could be Link's grandfather, so why not?

Aerauro67

That God of Yellow Foxes
This would be an interesting idea, though, I could see a few downsides to it, meaning in my total synopsis of the game. I'd say it's an okay idea...

No. We already got a game staring Tingle. *shudder*
Actually we had 3 games starring Tingle.
Freshly Picked Tingle's rosy Rupeeland(DS),
Tingle's Balloon fight (DS)
Irozuki Tingle no Koi no Balloon Trip (DSI Japan only)
Personally this would be a great idea, if done correctly. I think Nintendo is reluctant in making side games due to the fact that "The Legend of Zelda" is one of their most prized series (in my opinion).

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I hate it when people say "side game". Might as well make it paid DLC so everyone can easily access it. :I

But, a game not starring Link should've happened from the get go. It's The Legend of Zelda, NOT The Legend of Link. Zelda is the first main playable character I have in mind, and I'd have her play magically -- ranged attacks which consume magic, bows, and short swords would be her base weapons. I don't have an idea for the general plot, although I'm thinking she would have to kill what appears to be Link, and she is left wreathing in sorrow. :I

That's about it for me. No other character...except Groose...is worthy of their own game in my opinion.

I wouldn't mind seeing Link devolved to a lesser supporting role or removed as a playable character for a game or two entirely in favor of another. One of my favorite aspects of Majora's Mask was the various transformations. While Link remained the only playable character, the Deku, Goron, and Zora transformations added great diversity to the gameplay.

A title I'd like to see in the future is one centering around The Resistance in Twilight Princess. I've always been a fan of rogue factions in videogames and TP's hooligan squad fighting Ganondorf's dark forces is among my favorite. Switching between the various Resistance members would certainly provide for an enthralling experience. Perhaps Twilight Princess's bazooka could be put to good use once more.

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
I think it would be okay with a spinoff game but not with a main title game. I think people expect Link to be the main protagonist in the game. I suppose I'd be alright with Link playing more of a supportive role as long as Link is in the game.

Braivety

FPT | Breb
I don't know......it sounds pretty cool. But the main reason I think they did it with Tingle is because he is loved by so many people because of how ridiculous and goofy he is. Plus, if I thought of Rosie Ruppee Land out of the blue, I wouldn't be able to keep that to myself.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
But the main reason I think they did it with Tingle is because he is loved by so many people

WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTT?!?!?!

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
YES YES, i would love to see a Canon side game, that atleast followed some kind of Plot or story, unlike stupid Crossbow training, i'd like to see someone like Colin fighting minor threats, the effect of war before the Hero of time was born, Links uncle in ALttP, there are boundless backstorys that could be expanded on, and i would love to see just so!!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
wat tingle is ratchet af
Well you see, Tingle is relatively loved by the folks over in Japan. He's basically Japanese-otaku incarnate. He's seen as hilariously weird by western audiences (which is natural), and he's been in a number of games himself.

He didn't get three games by being unpopular, right? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom