• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games and School Assignments

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Has anyone ever incorporated games for a school assignment? Like maybe write about games or used something game related as an example for an assignment?

For my first English class in college, our first essay topic was just to write a review of any piece of media. I chose to write a review of Rayman 3. It was pretty fun, I wish I kept it around somewhere. And there's been plenty of times where I've used games as an example for something, though I remember using a certain scene in Xenogears as an example for something involving character dynamics. I can't specifically remember at the moment, but seeking the Xenogears scene sticks out to me.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Many years ago in high school (I finished year 12 in 2013), I was allowed to use some video games songs as background music for video assignments. Some that come to mind are Hidden Village from Twilight Princess, Ant Agony from Crash Twinsanity and Toad Story from Rayman Legends. I also used the Chase music from Crash Bandicoot 2 in my game design class when we had to make a chase level.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Many years ago in high school (I finished year 12 in 2013), I was allowed to use some video games songs as background music for video assignments. Some that come to mind are Hidden Village from Twilight Princess, Ant Agony from Crash Twinsanity and Toad Story from Rayman Legends. I also used the Chase music from Crash Bandicoot 2 in my game design class when we had to make a chase level.
oh yeah, I did the same for a 12th grade video assignment, using game music

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I remember writing an essay about The Legend of Zelda in my 9th grade year, but I can't remember what exactly the prompt was and how I managed to fit Zelda into it. That was the only time I managed to insert video games into school work, besides using video game music sometimes when we would make video assignments.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
In High School we were given an assignment to make a game in a program called Game Maker. I basically lifted the sprites from the original LoZ and used them to create my own game and dungeons. I managed to get really good marks for it and I really had a great time putting it together.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
i've done this a lot, usually in smaller ways but I did some bigger projects in the 9th grade, one on the Philips CDI and one on Mario
another time, during the AP Lit exam, we had to write an essay about a house in a book that had symbolic meaning or sumn, I wrote about hyrule castle and pretended it was from a book because i couldn't think of a single book i had read that fit the criteria lmao

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I recently used Skyward Sword to complete a hero's journey example assignment, it actually fit really well. My English teacher is a big video game fan, mostly of stuff like final fantasy and genshin impact, so she doesn't mind at all if I use video games as examples. Which I do a lot, since I don't read as much as I used to.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
One of my dudes back in Oregon is modding up an ogxbox and building an arcade cabinet setup for it as a senior project. I'm going to lend my limited modding knowledge to him to get xbmc set up and a couple of controller hacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom