• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Gamepad or Pro Controller?

Game Pad, all the way. I've had no issues with comfort, and the constant map availability and ease of item management are fantastic additions. True, the battery doesn't last as long as it should, but you're still doing yourself a disservice playing this game with the Pro Controller.

Which do you use as your primary method of controlling the game. Gamepad or Pro Controller? Why one or the other?

Me I use the Pro Controller, the Gamepad is really unwieldy and people who claim that it is comfortable...such a joke for me lol.

While the Pro Controller is more comfortable, I found the Gamepad to be more practical since you can switch out your items without pausing so the flow of the game is kept. Plus you can also keep an eye on your sea chart without pausing. Granted you can just have the Gamepad set up in front of you while you play with the Pro Controller, and the Pro Controller also has a substantially longer battery life.

Still, for me, I go with the Gamepad.

I prefer Gamepad. I don't find it as uncomfortable as people seem to think. But to each their own i guess

BlitzPlum

That 3D Guy
Team Gamepad! I honestly find it to be light and comfortable in my hands. I also love the way it's integrated into the game with the map and item system. I feel that it's the perfect controller for playing Zelda, and I really hope Zelda U uses it in a similar way.

Gamepad, everytime. Dragging the weapons instead of pausing and having items and maps to hand on tabs without pausing is so useful, it cuts time off of sailing too (for those that hate it) you dont have to prolong it by checking maps and items. Gamepad is the way to go for me.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Well I don't even have a Pro Controller (yet) because honestly I didn't want to spend $60 for one. And I think the Gamepad feels fine and I actually loved having the map right there. The items didn't really matter, but the map was so nice

If I'm really engaged in a game, I'd probably prefer the Pro Controller. It keeps me from accidentally messing up the game, accidentally switching items and whatnot, but when I want to lay in bed, and just casually play, I'll use my WiiU gamepad if my 3DS isn't cutting it.

supercolester13

Dark Tingle
I don't have windwaker hd or a pro controller but I have played with them both before and I think I would use the pro controller more, although the gamepad does have the minimap on the screen

I bought this game two eels ago and I am in love with the pro controller. It does many wonders though it is awkward to use after coming from the Xbox 360

GamePad all day every day... Maybe its just because I have a 3rd party Pro Controller, but the GamePad is still the most comfortable option IMO. While I'm at it, the GamePad is one of the most comfortable, most accessible controllers I've ever used in the history of ever. I make youngen's cry at Black Ops 2 all day with nothing less than the old GamePad.

I will say, one thing that does bug me quite a bit, is the fact that the GamePad's trigger buttons click in rather than squeeze in like the triggers on the Xbox and Ps3/4 controllers. Sorry Nintendo, but that's something I was used to and it worked.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I want the option to use the pro controller but still have the gamepad as my Menu, Items, and Map and Gear. you know like the OoT3D touch screen!

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Well now that i have the system, i know now, that i really like the game pad. Also i dont have a high def tv so i tend to switch to the gamepad for most of my games!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom