• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gamepad connecting issues

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Since I bought my Wii U a few years ago it has been running smoothly, no issues whatsoever... until today. I'm suddenly getting problems with the gamepad losing its connection to the console, I get maybe a minute of playtime, then a minute of the pad not responding and the console letting me know it cannot be connected, and so it continues. I've tried sitting almost right in front of the console and nothing changes.

I thought maybe it hadn't been sitting right in the charging dock, and maybe that is the problem, because the orange light goes out after a few minutes. The pad's interface has also become slow to respond. Is there anything I can do to try fix this issue or do I have to take my chances with contacting Nintendo to get it fixed?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Contact nintendor to get it looked at, but before that make sure you aren't exposing it to too much bluetooth interference.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
nintendo secretly implanted each wii u w/ a self destruction mechanism that is activated once the switch is released so they can rid the planet of the any evidence regarding the wii u's existence
im sorry,nothing can be done reverse this process once its started

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Contact nintendor to get it looked at, but before that make sure you aren't exposing it to too much bluetooth interference.
The exposure to other wireless items has not changed in years, the docking station is in the same spot it has been, the console in the same spot and no other things have been added in a long time, so if that was the problem it should have happened long ago.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
The exposure to other wireless items has not changed in years, the docking station is in the same spot it has been, the console in the same spot and no other things have been added in a long time, so if that was the problem it should have happened long ago.
Sorry to say your Game pad may be seeing the end of its days. Like ven said you can send it to Nintendo I believe. It's expensive though.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Sorry to say your Game pad may be seeing the end of its days. Like ven said you can send it to Nintendo I believe. It's expensive though.
The alternative is to buy a new gamepad, which is almost as much as buying a whole new Wii U... Gonna tide myself over for a while with getting a Pro controller to play with, and figure out whether it's more worth it to try and get it fixed or to replace the pad altogether. Even though I will get a Switch eventually, I still want to have a functional gamepad for my Wii U.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom