• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

GameCube VS Wii

GameCube games, or Wii games?

• GC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wii

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kafei

M.E.T.H.O.D. MAN
In my honest opinion, I havent enjoyed a single wii game except WarioWare Smooth Moves. Basiclly all my Wii is used for is Virtual Council, Netflix, and to play GameCube games. Now GameCube games, are nothing but pure amazingness. When it was made, it was when a brand new shade of 126-bit(?) graphics came out. WW, Tony hawk, Pikmin, Pikmin 2, Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime, etc. Some of the most amazing games where made, only for the Gamecube. Now I look at the Wii and I'm like "WTF?!" these games suck balls! Where did the magic go? Seriously. Am I alone here? You decide : Gamecube or Wii games.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
GameCube in my opinion. The thing that makes me say that is, as you said, the game library. Mario Sunshine (haters gonna hate), Wind Waker and Twilight Princess (well, word on the street says the cube version is the best), some RPGs (the few that appeared were excellent) and pretty much the whole Resident Evil series from 1 to 4.

To say something good about the Wii, though (you know, balanced opinions are DA BOMBCHU), it had some very creative games that tried to take advantage of the not-so-appreciated bright spots of its controller like Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure and... lol, It's the only one I know! I'm sure there's others out there, though!

Kafei

M.E.T.H.O.D. MAN
Yes, Tp is way better for GC. You were hearing correctly, controls are a million x easier. And I forgot! Mario Sunshine is also one of the only games in the Mario series that I could not get enough of! Resinate evil is good too. Well at least I'm not alone here :). I read about that in Nintendo power, it sounded OK but I really never wanted and RPG for the Wii becuase other than Zelda I'm inlove with first person shooters/RPGS. As you know, Nintendo rarley realeses games like that, and when they do they suck. Really, really bad. Nothing compared to Xbox games, but i guess It's not Nintendo's thing. I really Want Metriod Other M and Prime 3 though.

Last edited:
The GameCube had many good games for it, i loved the controller and it was the first gaming system i actually knew about to ask for.For many reasons i have grown to love the system over the other the other systems during that time period, sure Microsoft had Halo but Nintendo had the legend of Zelda the Windwaker and the WW was my first Zelda game. Since then i have seen some great games on the GameCube such as Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario parties 4-7 and many others. The controller was a better version of the N64's controller and i could play games for hours with out my hands cramping up from reaching the thumbstick.

Then the Wii came out, i didn't get the Wii until 2008 and by then there was enough time to release some good games, but no there were barely any games that i though i would like on the Wii, it just seemed like Nintendo was going for casual gamers and nothing else. the controller was alright but motion gaming isn't really my thing, the good games i have played on the wii were Super Smash brother Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy 1 &2, and Wii sports. I am waiting for Skyward Sword so i cannot judge it until i play it.
it seems to me like the Wii is something new Nintendo wanted to try but never really got into it.

The GameCube and the Wii are great systems and although the Wii has motion controls i still like the button mashing gamecube and that is why i voted for the GameCube.

Jedizora

:right:
Gamecube. I love it all, Super Mario sunshine, WW, TP, and many more. Much better then the wii.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I never had a Gamecube myself. As none of the GC games (that I knew of) seemed very tempting to me, I stuck to my N64 for years and years before finally getting myself a Wii. I feel Wii has several great games, and it gets bonus points for the VC *and* it's the first backwards compatible console from Nintendo, so any GC games worth playing can be played on it, so for me it's Wii hands down!

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
GC has the Metroid Prime games, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and TONS more. While there ARE Wii games I like, the number is probably outweighed by GC games.

I gotta agree with others that the Game Cube is better. I was never into the GC during its prime, since I preferred the Playstation 2, but I've been picking up a lot of Game Cube games that I missed out on to play on my Wii.

I think the Gamecube is superior. While I'd love to get in to the techie details, I think I'll keep it short.
I don't hate motion controls, but I try to avoid them because they don't feel nearly as immersive as traditional controllers. Personal preference. With the Gamecube, I don't have to use Motion Controls, which I love. Also, I find the hardcore library more appealing. Windwaker, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Kirby: Air Ride, Four Swords Adventures, Viewtiful Joe, Tales of Symphonia, Sonic Adventure DX, and many other great games. Also, this might not count, but the Game Boy Adaptor was definitely an excellent add-on. Not quite as good as the Wii's Virtual Console, but nonetheless an excellent feature.

Caeda

Keyblade Master
Gamecube. Let's look at it this way:

Games I like for the GC:
-Wind Waker
-Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
-Four Swords Adventures
-Super Mario Sunshine
-Mario Kart: Double Dash!

Games I like for the Wii:
-Twilight Princess (Wii version is better in my opinion)
-Kirby's Epic Yarn
-Super Smash Bros. Brawl
-Mario Kart Wii

And that's what I can think of off the top of my head.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
In my opinion, the Gamecube had a better library of games, and a better controller, thus I voted for it. But the Wii is backwards compatible with the Gamecube, AND can play any good Wii games I find. On top of that, I get the Virtual Console, WiiWare, and an Internet Browser. Also, my Wii has lasted a lot longer than any Gamecube I've ever owned, it seems to be a bit more durable.

The Wii's library leaves something to be desired, but it's still a very good as a console due to all the other things it offers. However, judging it by the default controller and library, it is inferior to the Gamecube.

Zorato

"Frocobo says die!"
Dude, calm down, your acting like the wii has no good games for it. They don't all "suck balls" every play any of them? DKCR, Metroid Other M, Prime 3, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 new smb wii. But.... I still vote gamecube. It's just... way better. Motion controls are cool, but I'd rather just play with a controller.

I never had a Gamecube myself. As none of the GC games (that I knew of) seemed very tempting to me, I stuck to my N64 for years and years before finally getting myself a Wii. I feel Wii has several great games, and it gets bonus points for the VC *and* it's the first backwards compatible console from Nintendo, so any GC games worth playing can be played on it, so for me it's Wii hands down!

Same here with me. It was also around this time my family's financial status fell a bit so that played a role in it, I got one console from that gen and it is a PS2. Thank goodness for backwards capability though because it allowed me to play WW and other great titles I missed!

link to present

Four Year ZD Member
Let look at it by listing some of each console's greatest games

Gamecube: Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Legend of Zelda:Wind Waker
Animal Crossing
Metriod Prime
Resident Evil 4

Wii: Wii Sports
Super Mario Smash Bro. Brawl
Mario Kart Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Virtual Console (Need I say anything?)

I don't know about you guys but it seem the wii lineup is alot better than the gamecube so my vote goes to the wii

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom