• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

GameCube VS Wii

GameCube games, or Wii games?

• GC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wii

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
None of you guys are giving the wii any credit! Mario Galaxy? Hello! That game was a masterpiece!

In my mind they are almost equal, but Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World was a fraction of the awesomeness of the first one, and they had no luigi's mansion, so GCN beats Wii by a small margin.

I only use the Wii for VC and gamecube the had SSBM,Super Mario Sunshine, and WW. These games will be engrained in my memory forever well the Wii had spinoffs.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The Wii has some of the best Nintendo games ever. Twilight Princess (yes, the GameCube had it, too, and I actually prefer it over the Wii's), Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Red Steel 2, SMG2... I could go on and on about this. Beyond that, the motion controls, even though waggle, are pretty fun to use. And now with the Wii Motion Plus, it's even better and completely legit and in no way a gimmick. (It's a shame that it won't see much of the Motion Plus, but at least the WiiU will carry it on and glorify it.) The GC was a great system, but look at it in sales to the Wii. Total opposites. The GC is the lowest-selling Nintendo home console (save Virtual Boy, if that counts), while the Wii is the highest-selling Nintendo home console. And for a reason. The Wii has somewhat slacked recently, but its first games were phenomenal, and it's starting to pick back up. I see no reason to say the GC was better.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Let look at it by listing some of each console's greatest games

Gamecube: Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Legend of Zelda:Wind Waker
Animal Crossing
Metriod Prime
Resident Evil 4

Wii: Wii Sports
Super Mario Smash Bro. Brawl
Mario Kart Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Virtual Console (Need I say anything?)

I don't know about you guys but it seem the wii lineup is alot better than the gamecube so my vote goes to the wii

You make a good point, at least from a sales point. TWW was hated by a lot of people, you have to admit.

From a technology standpoint, I think the Wii is better. It can do all of what the Gamecube can sans Game Boy Player and a few other peripherals, but that is pretty minor IMO since the Game Boy Advance costs about as much as a GBP if not lower, play it's own games, and it can still play elder games that are released on the Virtual Console (Microsoft, strike a deal to release the ORIGINAL Goldeneye 007!). As for exclusive games, the GC wins since it has a good deal of stellar hits (Resident Evil 4 being one of them) and even the less prestigious third party games still weren't as bad/tacky as the Wii general third party games. Don't get me wrong, both systems have their pros and cons, but the Wii's outweigh the GC's when it comes to good/functional games.

this is a tough one. the wii's quality titles are better than the cubes quality titles but the gamecube had many more quality titles than the wii

ie: galaxy > sunshine, prime trilogy > orginals, and its looking like skyward sword is gonna be better than all 3 of the gamecube zelda's

GC for me. I think the GC has a little more variety when it comes to first and third party developers. As for first party games, we have quite a few Zelda games, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros. Melee just to name a few. For third party developers, we have Resident Evil 0-4, Viewtiful Joe and Tales of Symphonia just to name a few. I think the games are a bit greater in those area than the Wii.

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
I'm kinda on the fence here because Wii had some awesome games like No More Heroes, NMH2, Okami (although I know that this one was just a port of the PS2 game), Super Mario Galaxy (I am NOT going to say SMG2 because that was just more of the same thing and personally, I liked the original way better), Red Steel 2 (Hells to the yeah JuicieJ!), and MHT3. GC on the other hand had Metroid (1 and 2), WW, Super Mario Sunshine (I don't care what other people thought, I liked it), FSA, Star Fox Adventures, Star Fox Assault, LoZ collector's ed., and Pikmin (1 and 2). But, I really don't think I can say anything yet because SwS is probably going to be awesome!

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Animal Crossing, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Star Fox, F-Zero, Melee, Pikmin, so many.
For wii? Galaxy, Skyward Sword. God bless the VC Though.
I choose Wii. Because the wii has backwards compatibility. Twice as much fun > : D
Oh, GC games. Still love my Wii

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom