• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Gamecube Version or Wii Version.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Wii wiii wii all the way!The pointer was the best thing about the game, at least for aiming purposes. I'm now a motion addict, so it's really hard for me to use the box in MM without Z-targeting. The swinging combat was really intuitive.

I've only played the wii version so I can't really say either, but i do like the controls. I think gc would be good becuse it's actually the real set-up. Link is really left handed, but because the world's popualation is right handed, they switched it so sword play would be easier and less confusing.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I like the GameCube version better because i love the GameCube controller and i am not a big fan of motion controls

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
I first played on Dolphin(Gamecube emulator) and liked it but when playing on the Wii, boy is there a painstakenly difference. I hate the Wii version.

Dan

Knowing that the game world is flipped I would rather play the original. It just doesn't rub well that I'm playing a flipped world just because link would be holding something in the wrong hand. Not to mention I myself am a leftie, curse Nintendo for catering to right handed people, I don't care if they are the majority. :<

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
I love the GameCube, but I temporarily traded Skyward Sword to get Twilight Princess, and the guy I traded it with only has a Wii, so that's the version that I played. I wish I had had the GameCube version, though, I just love the sweet sound of button-mashing as opposed to the awkward rapid shaking that you had to do in replace of it (especially when there are ReDeads . . . that was SO annoying, just shaking it so hard and so fast I almost sent it flying once when one was freezing me in the Cave of Ordeals). So if I had the the choice, I'd get the GameCube version, and if I ever do buy it I will, but I didn't get the choice when I played it.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I've never played the GameCube version so I cant really say, though I did enjoy the use of the Wii remote and nunchuk.

I have played both versions.. I personally like the GC version.. you can really tell that was the system it was made for.. the motion controls were just not as satisfying as they are in SS

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I've had the GCN version since its release and decided a few months ago that I would give the Wii version a try as I thought playing the game flipped would give me a new challenge.

In all honesty, I preferred the Gamecube version of TP. The shaking of the Wiimote in order to have Link slash was not to my liking. For me, it felt as if I had less control over the way he would swing his sword - especially during boss battles.

I do have to say though that I did enjoy playing it flipped. The strangest flipped areas for me were Castle Town and Goron Mines. It was really strange seeing Castle Town from literally a different angle. On top of that, the warp-point entrance to Castle Town leads to WEST Castle Town whereas on the Wii it leads to EAST Castle Town.

For those who are interested, here are the two overworld maps:

Gamecube:

map2-twilightGC.png

Wii

MsNerrrrd

Demyx stole my cookies
I liked the GameCube version better, since in my opinion Nintendo should not continue with the motion controls, I think Zelda works better with regular smash-the-button- controls... Even though TP wasn't exactly a motion control game, but using the Wii mote as a sword counts, so, yeah.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
In my opinion the GC version is superior as far as controls and canonity go, but the Wii version is superior as far as looks go. I much prefer mashing buttons to swinging the remote wildly, but that's just me. I have played both versions and the Wii version stumps me at every turn (even though I have the mindset that everything is flipped, I still go the direction that I go on GC haha).

If you want looks, I rceommend Wii. If you want better gameplay, I recommend GC. :yes:

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
I have both versions of Twilight Princess. I find the GameCube version easier to play. But, that's probably because it was meant for GameCube originally though.

GC all the way, original form and the last great Zelda to be developed for buttons and not designed to pander to motion controls in its puzzles and lay out (aside from the whole flipping thing)

I'm sure i've answered this before.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom