• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Gamecube Version or Wii Version.

MasterSwordBoy1

Hero of Pie
I have the Wii version of Twilight Princess, but I have never played the Gamecube version so I can't really say which version I like better. The Wii version is mirrored, so that means everything in the game is flipped. (And yes, to me the gamecube is mirrored, but the Wii version is actually mirrored.) So, to people who have played the Gamecube version, the Wii one might mess you up because it is flipped. The Wii one has a pointer to aim with (Say you are using your bow and you are playing the Wii version so you have a pointer to aim with.) and a little fairy on your screen to show you where you are pointing at when you are not using an item. But the Gamecube version does not. But in the Wii version you can change the setting to turn the pointer on or off, so it will look like the aim in the Gamecube version. And in the Wii one you can move around (like walk around) while aiming (I didn't even know you could do that!) and in the Gamecube version you can't. And those are really all of the comparisons I know about the Wii and the Gamecube versions. I was talking about the comparisons so you could think better about which version you like better. So, which version do you like better? the Wii version or the Gamecube version? :)

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I started out on the Wii version at friends house, but then later bought the GC version for myself, because I only had a Gamecube at that time. So, having played on the Wii only past Ordon Village and actually beaten the game on the GC one about three times, I will have to go with the latter. Besides this the Navi pointer got in the way quite a bit, so I prefer not being interrupted by such little things, as I have been using controllers for years.

But my anticipation for Skyward Sword has already erased this qualm there.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
Though I play the Wii version more, the Gamecube version is probably superior. The controls work more traditionally and they are overall better. I also think that the game looks better on the 'Cube. The Wii version looks really jagged, but the Gamecube version looks more smooth around the edges. Could just be me though.

But honestly, regardless on what version you play, you're still getting one of the best Zelda experiences to date! (IMO)

I have never played the gamecube version, but I prefer the Wii control scheme to that of other Zelda games I have played on the GC. I guess I just like the whole point and shoot thing with items, particularly the bow and clawshot.

Dan

Gamecube
2 items slots
Free camera
Better horse combat (Can rotate 360 on wii only 180)
Not mirrored and is canon map

Wii
Gesture controls
Free aiming with motion control
4 item slots
Mirrored
Link is right handed (everyone else is left)
Sun rises in the west rather than the east because of the mirror ;p

If you prefer motion control then get the wii version if not get gamecube.

Last edited:

Medri

Erus Per Tempus
I played and beat the Gamecube version first, because at the time I didn't have the Wii. Once I bought the Wii, I went out and bought Twilight Princess for Wii and proceeded to play it that way.

Honestly I enjoyed it on the Wii more.

zellinkda

one of many
I've never played the gc version, but one time my bros friend was over, anversiond we were playing TP and he had the gc version, although i only had the wii version. so anyway he was complaining that the scent color was completeley different "no no no. that scent color is supposed to be BLUE not orange" "no on the wii, it's orange!" "BlUE" "ORANGE!" "BLUE!!!" and so on.

Agent B

The King of Hyrule
I have the Wii version, but I've seen videos of the Gamecube version and it looks way better than Wii.

C

Chuckles

Gamecube felt more traditional and is something you can enjoy more if you're either lazy :P or just tired and need a break.
Wii is adds more connection between the player and link.

Wii tops it!

Ive finished the wii version and loved the motion controls but hated the navi thing. Gonna play the gamecube version then the final verdict will be made ;)

I enjoy the Wii version more, because I feel that you can actually connect with it better than the gamecube. (Due to the wiimote) Although it's not as hightech as Skyward Sword, I enjoyed it just as much. Remember, this is MY opinion ono

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom