• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess GameCube or Wii?

Twilight Princess- better on GameCube or Wii?

• GameCube

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wii

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Keeseman

Smash is Life
I loved TP on the Wii, but I have a GameCube as well. Would it be worth buying the game for the GC?

I was wondering what you guys thought about TP: was it better on the GameCube or the Wii?

I actually only had a gamecube when it came out so i got it on that. but now that i have a wii and my gamecube broke i have the wii version but i cant stand it. i dont like the whole mirrored thing and i thought that the game flowed better with the GCN controller rather than wiggling the crap out of the wiimote.

so i voted for GCN

Gamecube, TP was designed for buttons and thats they way ti shuold be, plus if you're hardcore then the map is the right way around.

The motion controls in TP make the game needlessly difficult, the delay is appalling and some moves like running and slashing dont work as well as the GC version. Play GC... if you can find it. =]

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Twilight Princess is definitely better on the GameCube controls wise and it is also the canon version, not to mention that you can control the camera using the C-Stick. However, the Wii version boasts better visuals via 16:9 aspect ratio and, as I recall, the ability to use component cables (RGB instead of RCA cables). I wouldn't say that the controls are wonky for the Wii version, but they're in general harder to control for the Wii compared to the GC. The story is the exact same, the game being mirrored wouldn't change anything as that is just accustoms. There are a couple glitches in TPWii that are impossible to do on TPGC thanks to the GameCube's hardware though I don't think it is vice versa (e.g CD Streaming) So, at the end of the day, whether you play TPWii or TPGC it just comes down to personal opinion.

I recommend you trust your heart and go for TPWii; it's a Nintendo Select title and as I recall, it costs less than TPGC. :)

Dan

I may be getting other games mixed up, but on the Gamecube version can't you shoot arrows while on the horse better as well, or is that vice versa ?
I feel like it's best to go for the gamecube version.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
I noticed this mirroring while playing it on the Wii... It seemed strange that the Gerudo Desert was to the east of Castle Town, unlike in OoT where it was west. I'm assuming it's the other way (the correct way) on the GC?

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Personally I prefer the Wii. It's a while lot better for me because I'm used to it. I think it's awesome just as same as Link in some points. GameCube, eh, all you do is sit there and move your fingers, not just exciting for me to play Twilight. Wii is the one choice I like to play Twilight Princess.

ZeldaFAYZ6251

Twilight Princess Lover
I prefer the Wii instead of the Game Cube because I loved the controls of the Wii. I have only played it on Game Cube once and it really annoyed me because I get pressing the wrong buttons. So the Wii version really fits me. Bu honestly the gameplay style really doesn't change so honestly, they are just two different controls.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
Just realized I read that title wrong....definitely thought it was asking which console was better...lolz

I haven't played the Gamecube version so I'm still going with Wii.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I've played for versions of Twilight Princess, and I can say that I definitely like the GameCube version of Twilight Princess more. The controls are much more smooth on the GameCube, and feel more natural.

As for whether to buy the GameCube version, I don't think it is necessary. The GameCube version isn't vastly better or anything, just slightly. Unless you have money to just spend around, I wouldn't really recommend buying the GameCube version. I myself don't own the Wii version of game, just the GameCube version.

I have it for both consoles, got past the Goron Mines on GC when it first came out and got bored. I just got it on Wii a few months ago and I am up to the Temple of Time. I think it is better played on the GC with the controller, especially since I am also playing TWW and it rocks on the controller. I hate to say it, but TP is a mediocre Zelda title, so if you have it for one console, it's not worth the money for the minor change in experience.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I've played both, and both are pretty much the same. Obviously, the Wii version is a little more interactive, but GC TP is great too. If you've played it on the Wii though, there's really no reason to play the GC version. It's just TP with a classic controller.

I liked it for the Gamecube, better controls, and I thought it even had better graphics. Either way it's basically the same, I just hated the constant blind-swinging of the wiimote in the wii version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom