• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread [GAME THREAD] JOAT (Jack of All Trades) Mafia - ENDGAME - MAFIA WINS

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Votecount 1.5.
HangryHangryHippo (2) - Minish, Mint Elv
ExLight (2) - Storm, Princess Abigail
Mint Elv (1) - Rubik
Jamie (1) - HangryHangryHippo
OGSniper (1) - Ragnarokio

Not voting (6) - DawningWinds, beryllium, mastermind lissi, OGSniper, DuskyBlue, JamieIsBored

About 9h remaining in the phase.

Let’s go over all 36 of Snipers posts shall we?
Welp, first post in my first Mafia game.
Important. I’m not the best at reading new people.
Umm, yeah, but nothing online. I had to read the rules and this stuff looks complicated! But I think I am starting to get a good grasp on how stuff works.
I would recommend you re read these, especially the parts about claiming. Don’t want you ending up being modkilled.
Ye, that would be me.
Nothing to say.
You would have to excuse me mighty King Rubrik, but what does D1 and RVS mean? Please don't smite me....
A fine question (thought Rubik was a king not a paladin)
Vote: DawningWinds
EVERYBODY VOTE DAWNINGWINDS! I mean like right now. Something fishy is going here. Literally, how did DawningWinds know my role. I must have not read that post before or I would have said something earlier.

@ExLight Please check this rn. How did DW know that I had a Jack name for my role? I thought it was only me and Ex who were in the PM. What's going on here? How is DW able to know my role? This can only mean that DW is Mafia and somehow used a "power" or something (I have seen another Mafia game on another site where Mafia players were given special "powers" where they could do stuff like that. You better believe it. Look it up.)

Is DW a new player? Why would they so blatantly say something like this to reveal that they know someone's player identity. I mean come on man. At least try to play it smart as Mafia. I mean I might be a new player but I do have a keen eye.

I mean it makes sense. You guys wouldn't have said anything because your guy's role arent Jacks, only mine. I guess it was only chance that I was smart enough to see it in front of everyone's eyes.

TLDR- DW is Mafia. Vote For DW.

Do it now guys!!!!!!!
Hmmm, admittedly I don’t know how scum!Dawning is with theatre, but the top paragraph as it is. That looks like they’ve been asked to go and distance from them. I see where Rag’s coming from there. Confusing name for role and then just insulting Dawning asking if they’re new? I assume here they also have never heard of the term Jack-Of-All-Trades before without a mafia context.

TL;DR: Not a fan.
I almost forgot, but who is John. Make sure to check your PM. DW must have seen both of our roles.

Look it up guys, Mafia can get certain powers.
John? I glossed over this because of the vote on me. The name John could be indep? Or scum I guess. This feels like a slip.
Wait what? Are you pullin' my leg? I want a second opinion.

@ExLight check into this please!!
Feels off to me, and you can’t get the host to do everything for you, the whole point is it’s you and the players playing the hose is just facilitating the fun.
Wait! It only makes sense. Jamie is Mafia too! Just trying to clear DW tracks! Don't you guys see! (A rather puny way to try to cover up a buddy's tracks bro.)

Vote:JamieIsBored

(Can I vote for more than one person at a time?)
That would be too obvious and bad play from my part. Also no, but that can be a role I think.
I dont know DW, I think I will wait until @ExLight clears this up if there is a problem.
Again, don’t use the host. It’s just between the 13 of us now.
Nah man really?!?! Oh yow buddies. Well....I am an idiot.

Look I am really really really sorry about that. Please believe me guys, I seriously thought that I found at least two Mafia members. I guess I should have clarified some things with @ExLight first.

Please don't kill me for doing this. I promise that next time I will ask some a lot of questions l next.

Just to make it straight

@DawningWinds and @JamieIsBored I am sorry for going ham on you guys over something that my misunderstanding.

Unvote: DawningWinds

Unvote: JamieIsBored

Look guys, again, I am sorry about this. Please don't lynch me for this.
Don’t like the start of this, feels insincere.
Gonna stop saying the stuff about the host, I think you’ve gotten the gist.
Gosh, this is awkward...
Indeed.
Ooh, good to know.
Mhm.
Look guys, I just thought that I was a god for a moment for finding a "slip" by the mafia.

Please just give me a chance to redeem myself.
Not feeling too hot on the start of this.
As much as I don't want you to vote me, I don't think that @ExLight will count it. OGS are capitalized and niper is lower case. Look, I'm just saying.
If the host has an idea of who you’re voting it should be fine.
I don't know how to explain how embarrassed and stupid I feel about this. I mean if you find it fit to kill (Lynch? What is the proper word here?), then do so. It was purely a misunderstanding on my part. I literally thought I was the only Jack here, so I reacted with a lot of intensity. I was also trying to prove myself and feel accepted by you guys. Unfortunately, it backfired in my face.

One of you guys could also have a kit (I talked with @ExLight and he confirmed that some players in this game have kits with abilities. Earlier I was using the word "power". I meant abilities by it.) Anyway, if one of you guys could investigate into me and see if I am a town person or a mafia. If that is the only way to redeem myself then please do it.

I dont know how much this will mean but I would like to thank @Rubik for sticking out for me. I dont believe that he is mafia, but you guys have more experience playing with him, so you can decide if this is "normal" behavior.
The only bit here that isn’t ATE is the claim that you aren’t a JOAT. Which is interesting in itself, and could be the only reason I don’t vote for you today.
Also, what do you guys mean by counterclaiming?
Claiming the same thing as someone else.
Host lying, with chaos.
Meaning? I am confused on what is being said here.

Yeah, no I dont have one. What do you mean everyone has a kit? Is it normal for a town person not to have a kit?
I would assume it’s normal considering it’s the theme of the game. The fact you’re asking if town has it is a little bit slippy me thinks.
Yep, dont have one. I have other stuff that isnt part of a kit. But I dont have a kit.

I will have to back track. I am still confused on what you are saying.
So passives, but no active abilities.
Okay so you are asking why I voted for you even when you claimed that you are a Jack. Well, you claimed it. You still couldve been covering for DW. Both of you guys coulda been Mafia. I was gonna wait until @ExLight cleared it up.
Not the best reasoning ever, especially with the theatre feel that Dawning vote gives.
Can I provide a screen shot of the (Not the whole thing, just the sentence) PM where it says that I dont have a kit. @ExLight did literally say "some players" so someone else may not have a kit, just like me.

(Is it illegal to show a screenshot of PM? Like I said, it will only be the sentence where it says that "You do not start with a JOAT kit." If not, can you confirm @ExLight that I dont? I am still just trying to redeem myself from that fiasco to show that I am trustworthy.)
You already know the answer to this, I won’t remind you.
Look, I was convinced that I was the only Jack, so how could there be other Jacks? Well in my mind you guys were lying and trying to cover it up.

Right but I am just saying just that sentence. I could use something called "Web Capture". With it I can choose what parts of the page I want to copy as a picture
Reasoning still isn’t enrapturing me.
He doesnt have to confirm the role, just that I dont have a kit.
Which is confirming your role? So that wouldn’t b
Meaning? Sorry, but I am confused again.
Nothing to say.
Okay, well, somebody investigate me then.
Could be bait for a godfather or some kind of paranoid war vet maybe?
Well can I soft-claim? Or that wouldnt prove that I am town?
That wouldn’t prove anything, just help some people figure out your claim. Even though you’ve already said you have no role.
A godfather?
Already been over this.
Okay, but what does this mean?
Nothing here.
Oh lawd. Well, you guys prolly have a load a suspicion on me so I will shut up and try to prove my innocence.
No. Talk more, just make it more relevant and actually start looking for scum rather than get everyone confused over whatever your role is.
Thanks. I will definitely be looking for sus stuff now, but I will present what I have before making accusations.
Good.
A million thanks, oh Great One. To tell you the truth, I watched and followed your Spider Man mafia game very closely. Anyone could clearly see that you put a lot of effort into it. (I especially like the Daily Bugle newspaper part.)
Haven’t seen that one. Might give it a look.
So what if @ExLight gets killed?
Already answered this. Something totally awesome I’m sure.
#InModsWeTrust
Unless that mod is DawningWinds:P
How 'bout French Kisses in a car?:eyes:
Ex hasn’t got enough lips for that.
Or is @ExLight soft claiming who he is playing with that remark?
Ex won’t claim. That’s something for us to figure out ourselves.
So he is claiming to be neutral...
Start posting some more relevant things please. This isn’t helping my suspicions on you at all.
Hmm, well I wonder who is in the number 1 spot? Hmmmm.......
Yes, but I’ve been trying to get something useful done. All of your posts are either questions or **** posts. Maybe try and start with looking at peoples reactions to this post?

Gonna wait for the reactions on this before I stick a vote on someone, this was supposed to come out this morning but I had exams all day sorry everyone.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
"...hey. John. Are you sure this is the right way?"

"Yeah, John. I'm just following GooGoal Maps."

"I think John is right... I don't remember taking this road last year."

"Ugh, shut up John. It's a shortcut."

"Right..."

"See! It says it's that mansion right ahead, let's go in, we're late."

"Hmm, I got a bad feeling about this."

DAY 1 STARTS NOW

Day 1 ends in ~72h.
If this is not a good time for the updates feel free to request for a shortening or extending the phase so it ends at a more convenient time.

Phase ends on Feburary 27th, at 8:00:00 PM (GMT-3).
DEADLINE COUNTDOWN
This is John.

(Also my name is John irl, but that's probably not relevant.)

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Legend
Numbers correspond to quote

1. Nothing to say

2. Yup, definitely gotta re-read the rules.

3. Nothing to say

4. Nothing to say.

5. I genuinely thought I was the only one with the role name Jack, so literally, how could have they known unless they were a mafia. If DW was mafia, they made a mistake. Who normally makes mistakes in anything (Jobs, Video games, etc.), the new person does. That was my reasoning for that. Nope, never heard of JOAT. As we all know, I am new to online Mafia.

6. I am confused on what is being said. DW literally said in the post "Vote John." I didnt press the "Who is John, DW knows who you are" issue because @ExLight confirmed to me later in my PM that Jacks are town and Johns are Mafia. I literally asked "Whats up with the John part @DawningWinds post? Did he make that up or what?''

7. Yup, have already been told by @ExLight that I gotta stop doing that type of stuff or I will be Mod killed or substituted.

8. Ye it would have been a bad play.

9. Already addressed.

10. That is the language I use in real life. That was me being myself. Now I get the gist. At that in time moment I didnt.

11. Nothing to say.

12. Nothing to say.

13. I literally felt like a god bro. The logic for why I thought DW would be mafia is solid, keeping in mind how much info I didnt know, for example for that I didnt know almost everyone had a Jack role.

I believe and give people a chance at redemption. I messed up. I am still asking for redemption.

14. Nothing to say.

15. I dont fully understand what is being said here. What is ATE?

16. Nothing to say.

17. Nothing to say.

18. Not unless I dont have a kit, which I stated. If I was Mafia, I would be better off asking my Mafia buddies these types of questions.

19. Yes. @ExLight explained to mean what my stuff means and does.

20. Umm, if I thought you and DW were mafia, Ya know, I dont know if I would want vote on and try to kill the Mafia. Hmmm, such a hard question. Hmm.....It seems to be my job to vote to kill the Mafia, but I dont know if I should. Hmm, what would be the best course of action? Hmm......

The answer seems to be pretty obvious matey. Ya vote on people you think are mafia. I voted for you....because I thought you were mafia. I literally dont know what you are trying to get at here.

21. Nothing to say.

22. My reasoning is not enrapturing on what part? The first part?

23. Yup still dont know what is being said here? How is confirming my lack of a kit confirm my role? From my understanding role and kit are two separate things.

24. Nothing to say.

25. Nothing to say.

26. No, I have a role. I dont have a kit.

27. Nothing to say.

28. Nothing to say.

29. Yes, I will definitley start making a better commitment to better and more relevant posts.

30. Nothing to say.

31. Nothing to say.

32. Nothing to say.

33. Nothing to say.

34. Nothing to say.

35. Nothing to say.

36. Acknowledged

37. Acknowledged

Sorry, this post is more of a PC friendly. I wasnt going to quote him 37 times. I thought that this was better.

Yup still dont know what is being said here? How is confirming my lack of a kit confirm my role? From my understanding role and kit are two separate things.
You not having a kit is your role as I understand it. That's the point of who you are. Ex confirming that clears you.

I am confused on what is being said. DW literally said in the post "Vote John." I didnt press the "Who is John, DW knows who you are" issue because @ExLight confirmed to me later in my PM that Jacks are town and Johns are Mafia. I literally asked "Whats up with the John part @DawningWinds post? Did he make that up or what?''
Oh right sorry, I was just quoting your posts through the who replied thing and didn't see the context to that one. I forgot about the opening John text lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom