• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

[Game] The Legend of Zelda: Sacred Paradox

InnerMobius

TLOZ: Sacred Paradox
TLOZ: Sacred Paradox
A Pokémon Firered Hack
(As per the rules of this forum, rated E)

Hey guys. Someone suggested that I introduce my project to Zelda Dungeon, and I thought it was a great idea. I would LOVE to have your input as it seems you're one of the few online Zelda communities that's still thriving.

Introduction:

This game is a hack of Pokémon: Firered for the Gameboy Advance. It is currently incomplete, but a large amount of work has gone into it over the course of the last year. Countless hours of pixel art, mapping, and learning how to hack different aspects of the GBA rom have been spent in the creation of this project thus far.

My goal is to create a full Legend of Zelda Game set within the Pokémon engine. Instead of battling with his traditional sword and shield, Link will take on the role of a tamer. You'll capture and obtain creatures from many different Zelda games. Creatures and characters will join your party and you'll use them to fight and clear dungeons and defeat (or capture) mini-bosses and bosses.

Story:

I've had a few ideas tossed around since I started this project on how I was going to handle the story, but almost everything's been scratched. In fact, the first demo of this game won't really have much of a story, instead it'll just throw you into the world so you can experience what Pokémon feels like in a Zelda world.

Here's the basics of what I do wish to keep, though:

The name Sacred Paradox was an allusion to an idea I had for the story that didn't quite work out, but I still love the name. The previous name was Echoes of Time (suggested by a member at PokeCommunity), but I found out that was a Final Fantasy game and changed the name.
The idea for the 'sacred paradox' was going to be the kidnapping of Zelda. I'm still not set on this, but I believe I'm going with an altered version of Veran or an altogether new villain as the main villain until Ganon is resurrected. Veran would abduct Zelda (after mistakenly abducting a few other girls like Malon) and would use her to enter the Sacred Realm. From there, she would use the power of the Triforce to rule over Hyrule, with the plan to fuse the world of light(a custom interpretation of Hyrule) and the dark world(a custom mix of the dark world and the twilight realm). Link must go through dungeons collecting the 8 sage medallions (might go with something else) to gain the power of the sages and ultimately defeat Veran and save Zelda... but at some point, Veran resurrects Ganon and he betrays her.

Prospective Features:

Overworld graphics stlyed like the Oracle games
Zelda music and sound effects
A dark world and a light world
Pixel art for all creatures
Custom movesets and altered stats to match creatures
High-quality cries for creatures
Zelda themed items
Menus and features altered to further emulate the Zelda experience
8 full dungeons
Ridable Epona

Screenshots:

Ukt0tEU.png
qSJYVPg.png

yb65Niz.png
PadBOa5.png

Rr7oMha.png
Jk5U04t.png

6Wqeqzd.png
k0wIVLf.png

viRruAk.png
2bVPRaB.png

Completed Battle Sprites:

ST7Ww.jpg

Videos(Constantly outdated by new progress):

F.A.Q.:

Q: What are the starters going to be?
A: There's only one... you'll start off with a fairy.

Q: Will you be able to travel faster than just walking?
A: Yes, you earn the Pegasus Boots early in the game, which is essentially just the Pokemon Running Shoes. Also, later on you'll get Epona, the equivalent of the bicycle.

Q: Is there a release date for this yet?
A: No. I can't really say when I'll be able to come out with one yet either since my living situation isn't quite stable at the moment, but I get work done as often as possible.

Q: Will you still have Pokemon in the game?
A: No, I'm removing as much as possible from the Pokemon experience and replacing it.

Q: Why don't you make the Master Sword/[insertitemhere] a pokemon?
A: Because it just wouldn't feel right with the rest of the vibe this game gives off... it would feel so out of place.

Q: Can I be a beta tester?
A: The demo will be released to everyone at the same time.

Support:

Click here to follow the main thread at PokeCommunity.

CURRENT TOPIC AS OF 4/29/15:
What would you like to see in a game like this?​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom