• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Game suggestions for switch

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
20221003-174352.jpg

This is my small library. So which game should I get next?

I'm not getting Fire Emblem. I mean I've played Heroes but it's just not worth 5.4k.
I've seen my cousin play it for hours staring at the red and blue tiles for hours. I just don't get what's so fun. I checked it out and I realized there's a lot of games in the franchise. So I thought maybe its like MCU and I haven't experienced the hype the previous games built up.

Not getting splatoon 2 or 3 either. I just don't like the way the game looks or the character design. Plus I don't plan to have NSO throughout the year. I skimmed thru the entire 2 and 3 walkthrough trying to figure out what people like about the game.

I'm less inclined towards getting SwSh. I must finish the previous gens first

Despite SS being my #1, I'm not hellbent on getting SSHD. It's just way to costly here and I would feel like it burnt a hole in my pocket. Maybe I'll get it when I travel to west or someone comes here.

I'll may get animal crossing in future if I have a permanent NSO membership and if the game still has large player base by then.

So which game not games should I get next?

Mario Odyssey +4
Metroid Dread +1
Astral Chain +1

Last edited:
Super Mario Odyssey is a must if you're into platformers. One of the best I've ever played. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury is also great.

It seems you also prefer to catch up on longer running franchises first, so a new IP with no prior commitment is Astral Chain. I have yet to play it myself, but I've heard great things. Platinum rarely misses.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2!!!!!

Screenshot_20221003-190001_CeX.jpg
It's cheaper on ps4 thanks I'll add it to my ps4 wishlist

Links Awakening, Mario Odyssey, and Metroid Dread are my 3 favorite games on the system. I don’t think I can choose one to recommend over the others though.
Super Mario Odyssey is a must if you're into platformers. One of the best I've ever played. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury is also great.

It seems you also prefer to catch up on longer running franchises first, so a new IP with no prior commitment is Astral Chain. I have yet to play it myself, but I've heard great things. Platinum rarely misses.
Mario Odyssey was in my radar I'm now more inclined to get it. The price is also reasonable.

Link's Awakening goes into my retroarch library, mate. Harr Harr

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I checked it out and I realized there's a lot of games in the franchise. So I thought maybe its like MCU and I haven't experienced the hype the previous games built up.
that is not at all the case, darn near all of them are their own self contained story and you can jump into any of them

honestly just get Mario Odyssey, it's probably the safest one to go for

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I'd recommend Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen and Catherine: Full Body if you haven't played them on other platforms. Catherine is a great game and Dragon's Dogma is one of the best worst games I've played. They're both solid Switch ports and I'd give a recommend to both.

I'd also recommend Doom 4, Doom Eternal, and Wolfenstein: The New Colossus. They're a bit more compromised than I'd like graphically on the system, but they're playable and fun games regardless.

(I also recommend Mortal Kombat 11 for the sheer audacity of it. It looks like a PS3 game, but it runs at 60 fps.)

Last edited:

MW7

Damn I loved the demo
The demo for Dread? I just played through the game 100% for the first time a few weeks ago and loved it. The game is challenging but fair. It starts out starts out linear but opens up quite a bit and lets the player do some interesting sequence breaks. At the same time, it guides the player in a way that you sort of know where you should go most of the time.

If you were talking about Link's Awakening or Mario Odyssey, I have nothing but good things to say about both of those games too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom