• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Recomendations Thread

jugglaj91

I am me....
For me I recommend Blur if your into racing games with power ups, not random like Mario Kart power ups either. BUT I only recommend it for the online experience. there is so much randomness and good races to be had there. Also wait for Fable 3, Fable 2 is good but it disappointed me more than once, and 3 is looking to shape up nicely. GTA IV is pretty good, nothing like going around shooting random people and stealing cars, and the story isn't half bad. And if you are into Guitar Hero or Rock Band get them. So much DLC to be gotten in RB and GH is pretty much the standard I suppose, though I prefer Rock Band.

Everyone that has posted has covered the basics. One game that I do not see is Crackdown. I never got to play the second one because I no longer have a Xbox 36, but I definitely recommend the first one. It is a sandbox styled game and as you progress with your genetically enhanced police officer you get better weapons which your character will also begin to handle better, your character gets stronger and is eventually able to lift and throw vehicles and other large object, your agility increases and you can run incredibly fast and jump quite high, and you also unlock vehicle upgrades. Was a very fun game, IMO. I am not sure how much different the second one is though.

my only real recommendation is Blue Dragon. it's a lengthy, story-heavy, entertaining, and unique fantasy RPG. this game is 3 discs long and every minute of it is enjoyable. it has a great story and cool characters along with interesting locations and enemies. as far as RPGs go, this is probably one of the best on the 360.i was surprised by how good it is and the score i give it is 9.5/10. if you like RPGs, this one is a must.

Building on what DuckNoises said, I definitely would recommend a Metroid game. Not really the original NES game; I just found it way too hard to truly enjoy, plus there's really not that much to it when it comes to other elements that make up a game, like graphics and story. Super Metroid fixes this, which is why I call it my favorite SNES game of all time. Much better graphics than it's NES brother, and the story sets the stage for games that have been coming out recently, like Fusion and the not-even-released-yet Other M.

RamboZelda

bullets of pure awesome
The original Smash Bros is a must! There's no huge character roster (a measley 12) but it is still very fun nonetheless, especially if you're into classics.

Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories is hard. I wouldn't recomend getting it. The card battle function doesn't work out in 3D.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
For the VC, I highly reccomend the F-Zero game for the N64. Me, my brother, my mom and uncle have had a LOT of fun playing that game. If you enjoy New Super Mario Bros, you'll probably also enjoy Super Mario Bros 3, which is highly addicting.

For WiiWare, there really hasn't been much that has interested me other than World of Goo. At first, it looks simple but it becomes difficult and complex. I've only played the computer version but I'm guessing it's basically the same. Diner Dash is great too.

jugglaj91

I am me....
I too have to go with 3D Dot Game Heroes, I played it and I loved every minute of it. GTA IV is a good game to go with as well. Red Dead is similar to GTA from what I have heard, just set in the old west.

With console choice it is up to preference. PS3 is free to play online which is always a plus, you get a Blu-Ray player, and access to so many good PS1 titles for 10 bucks!!! It's insane, it may not do everything, but it is damn close. I plan on getting one of these asap.

360 you pay as little as 50 USD a year, or as much as 96 if you go with the month by month option. Some people swear by Live to be better but I have heard they are about even. As much as I love my 360 I can't really see any reason to try to persuade you out of it except for games like Fable 3 which will be a 360 exclusive, or if you plan on playing online a lot with some not so great Live Gold perks.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Well, Im a classic gamer, therefore I recommend most games on the VC, yet I don't, I don't think downloading games is ALL that reliable, if your Wii or SD card phucks up you won't be able to recover your games, if anything I say buy the ACTUAL games on their RESPECTIVE consoles, there are retro stores or just game shops that sell them and then there's always Ebay.

As for WiiWare, I don't know that much: Here are some I played: Mega Man 9 and 10, World of Goo, and Pokemon Rumble (Demo) those are pretty decent, except Pokemon Rumble, that's a little too easy and repetitive, I mean,my little 5 year old brother kicks @$$ at it...

That is all.

Last edited:

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
Thanks everyone! I just got my PS3 two days ago for my birthday! I got Little Big Planet, Red Dead Redemption and Final Fantasy XIII. I LOVE Little Big Planet and Red Dead but I'm not so sure about FF XIII.. I'm so confused. I'm not too far in and the combat system and story already have me confused. Hopefully I figure it out soon.. The cinematics and music are incredible though. I plan on getting Just Cause 2 and GTA IV soon and I'm thinking I might pick up 3D Dot Heroes and Heavy Rain. Oblivion looks interesting too.

Oblivion is a fun first-person WRPG but it lacks heavily in the story department. You're free to do as you please, however. Red Dead Redemption is far more inspired that GTA4, so if you're going to get a game by Rock Star, get Red Dead.

Metal Gear Solid 4 and Heavy Rain are both great cinematic experiences, but if you had to choose one I'd go with Heavy Rain because the story telling is fantastic.

If you're strapped for cash there are several good PS3 games for only $20 including Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, Little Big Planet, and GTA4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom