• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Recomendations Thread

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
Xbox 360 Games.

Alright I'm going to get an Xbox 360 and I need some game recomendations. Anything that you liked is good. Thanks!
PS: Please don't tell me to get a ps3! Thanks! :cool:

I actually enjoyed Lost Odyssey.

I also want to add that, by saying to other people not to recommend a PS3, especially in the way you described it, will probably ask about it.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I played Lost Odyssey but did not like it. I'd recommend Soul Calibur IV, Spectral Force III if you are an RPG freak like me. I'd also recommend Super Street Fighter IV and perhaps Mass Effect.

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
I purchased a 360 a couple of weeks ago, and bought CoD : Modern Warfare 2. Its a good game if you are into first person shooters. I personally am not a fan of first person shooters but this one was a plesant suprise I really do like it. I am definatly not going to tell you to buy a PS3, I don't like them anyway.

Actually even though there are not very many new games out yet for the classic Nintendo line up (Zelda, DK, Kirby, etc.) with the exception of Mario I still think the Wii is the best console on the market. Thats just me (im a Nintendo fanboy and proud) enjoy your new 360.

Last edited:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'll go with...

If you Like Shooters

Halo 3
Gears of War 1 and 2
Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2

If you like Zombie/Survival Horror

Resident Evil 5
Left 4 Dead 1 and 2
Dead Rising

If you like Superheroes

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2
Batman Arkham Asylum
X-Men Origins Wolverine

If you like Stealth

Splinter Cell Double Agent
Splinter Cell Conviction

If you like Sandbox

Grand Theft Auto IV
Saint's Row 1 and 2

And for later releases I recommend...

Halo Reach
Gears of War 3
Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions
Marvel vs Capcom 3 Fate of Two Worlds
Dead Rising 2

IMO these are really good games and I really suggest looking these games up and checking em out.

Last edited:
These are some game I've played that I highly recommend

-The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (A top 5 game of all-time for me, must play)
-Fallout 3
-Red Dead Redemption
-Fable 2
-Grand Theft Auto 4 (Not as good as the older games, but still great)
-Call of Duty: World at War
-Modern Warfare 2
-Assassin's Creed
-Assassin's Creed 2

Dark Cloud 2. This is an awesome game. I have yet to beat it though because of the final boss. But anyway...

Yeah, Dark Cloud 2 is kinda like OoT where you play two different characters who have to travel both from the present to the future (and back again) in order to restore certain points in history that the bad guy has destroyed (can't remember his name for the life of me). Also as they're restoring those points, they must find a way to travel to the past since that's there were the bad guy is.

It's also a RPG-like game. As for the rating of it, it's rated 'T'. It has a little bit of language in it, but other than that I think it's okay.

Also I would say that you could get the first game to this which is 'Dark Cloud', but of course I haven't played it myself but I really want to. I've heard that it's good.

I totally agree with you, I love Dark Cloud! It's the closest game to Zelda you will be able to find, and it even does some things better than Zelda. Restoring each town however you like is really fun

Here are some other games I recommend:

-Metal Gear Solid 2
-Metal Gear Solid 3
-Kingdom Hearts
-Kingdom Hearts 2
-God of War
-Grand Theft Auto 3
-Grand Theft Auto Vice City
-Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
-Shadow of the Colossus
-Timesplitters 2 (plays just like Goldeneye, and it's by the same developer team)
-Beyond Good and Evil (Love it)
-Legacy of Kain series
-Mafia

If you like music games:
-Frequency (Music game, by the makers of Guitar Hero/Rock Band)
-Amplitude (sequel to Frequency)

If you like fighting games:
-Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (if you could find it)

Edit: Oops, I missed the part when you said you can't play M rated game. So ignore GTA, Mafia, and God of War, and maybe some others I listed

slayeangel

Estie d'tabarnak
well I got a great game called Onimusha...ive only played dawn of dreams but I watch my friend go thout all the other games and there just awsome the fun paret his replaying the game with the same equipments and levels if you end it save and start over if played the game 4 times now and it dosent get old at all...but like you sayd..its rated M for blood...and the fact that your goming at crazy kinda undead enemys with a nifty and huge sword...but...great game.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I also recommend Dead Space and if you like it you should look up part 2. It's due for an early 2011 release.

I totally agree with you, I love Dark Cloud! It's the closest game to Zelda you will be able to find, and it even does some things better than Zelda. Restoring each town however you like is really fun

Here are some other games I recommend:

-Metal Gear Solid 2
-Metal Gear Solid 3
-Kingdom Hearts
-Kingdom Hearts 2
-God of War
-Grand Theft Auto 3
-Grand Theft Auto Vice City
-Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
-Shadow of the Colossus
-Timesplitters 2 (plays just like Goldeneye, and it's by the same developer team)
-Beyond Good and Evil (Love it)
-Legacy of Kain series
-Mafia

If you like music games:
-Frequency (Music game, by the makers of Guitar Hero/Rock Band)
-Amplitude (sequel to Frequency)

If you like fighting games:
-Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (if you could find it)

Edit: Oops, I missed the part when you said you can't play M rated game. So ignore GTA, Mafia, and God of War, and all the good games I listed
Kidding. I was actually excited about this topic when I read the title. The whole non M rated thing definitely killed the buzz, though. Sadly, it leaves me with no suggestions. I'm positive MGS is a M rated series or I would definitely have suggested it as well along with God of War 1 and 2. Ah well...

bds1110

Imp
WiiWare/Virtual Console Games Reccomendations

So, I am some Wii points and don't know what to do with 'em. 1400, to be precise. I was curious if you guys knew of some good games on the Wii Shop Channel service that I should get with them. Thanks in advance!

linkman8

True and Noble
For virtual console, there are a lot of really good games. If you're looking for some old school, non-Zelda related games, I'd say go with Shining Force and Shining Force 2. They're classic tactical RPG's from the Sega Genesis. But if you're not into that, then there's always like Final Fantasy or something, though that original game is TOUGH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom