• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Recomendations Thread

Ps3 Game Suggestions?

I have a CD in the bank that matures on Friday. I'm going to take $300 of it and buy myself a Ps3 and redeposit the rest, of course. The next-gen consoles have been out for a long time now and each has their own set of nice exclusives. Unfortunately, this makes choosing my first game or maybe even my first two games extremely difficult.

I like FPS, RPGs, Action, Puzzle, and even some Racing. I never purchased Fallout 3 for my Xbox360, so I am very tempted to pick up the GOTY Edition. I'm also tempted to buy Oblivion again since I no longer have a PC that can handle it. I've had some suggestions for Uncharted 2. I've just never been a very big Sony fan, so I never kept up with its exclusives. Tell me what you think. I want to have the game picked out before I walk into the shop and have trouble picking a game with them all over the wall. If I already own it for the PC, Xbox360, or whatever, then it will be marked off the list.

EDIT BY SMITIE: You can post game recommendation questions and suggestions for every console in this thread, so you don't have to make seperate threads for every system

Last edited by a moderator:

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I don´t own a PS3 myself and I haven´t tried that many games on the console either. But still I think that you should consider the game Demon´s Souls! That´s the first game I´ll purchase when I get the console.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I would agree with Uncharted 2 but pick up Uncharted 1 first. 2 is the superior game, and going back to 1 afterwards will feel clumsy. It's still an outstanding title, but after playing 2, it's not as outstanding. It's also budget priced right now, which is great.

Batman Arkham Asylum is the reason why I bought my PS3. I loved the game through and through. It had an excellent chance of being game of the year this year it seems. It's action / platforming game in a way with a lot of great stealth moments. I don't know really how to describe it as such, but it's got elements of Metroid Prime, Assassin's Creed and the like.

My next purchase is going to be the Street Fighter 4 2nd edition (or whatever the title is -- the one that releases next spring). If you've played any of the old titles and liked them, you'll like this one. It's very similar though, so if you grew tired of the old titles, then don't pick this one up. Don't buy the current title though that's on the shelves now. The new version will have more content at a cheaper price.

I have heard great things about other titles, but haven't played them myself. They might be worth investigating though. They are Infamous, Little Big Planet and the Ratchet and Clank series. Again, I know nothing of them than people always highly reccomend them to me.

I always check IGN for their review scores. I know a lot of people think they are paid off by companies to review games, but that's not the truth at all. I have always agreed with their scores, or have found them under-rated. I have never found they've over-rated a game, and I've been following them since the N64. If a title is 8.0 to 8.5 or higher, it's a great game. Avoid anything under 7.0 I would say. Or just rent them in that range.

I don´t own a PS3 myself and I haven´t tried that many games on the console either. But still I think that you should consider the game Demon´s Souls! That´s the first game I´ll purchase when I get the console.
I have a friend at work who was talking to me about this game. I've heard very good things about it but I do not think its going to be long enough for me.

Batman Arkham Asylum is the reason why I bought my PS3. I loved the game through and through. It had an excellent chance of being game of the year this year it seems. It's action / platforming game in a way with a lot of great stealth moments. I don't know really how to describe it as such, but it's got elements of Metroid Prime, Assassin's Creed and the like.
I actually played the Demo at a GameStop in my local shopping mall. The graphics were stunning, combos were great, etc. I just don't think it's a good pick for me.

My next purchase is going to be the Street Fighter 4 2nd edition (or whatever the title is -- the one that releases next spring). If you've played any of the old titles and liked them, you'll like this one. It's very similar though, so if you grew tired of the old titles, then don't pick this one up. Don't buy the current title though that's on the shelves now. The new version will have more content at a cheaper price.
I'm not that big of a fan of fighters. I like Soul Calibur, SSB, and I've got DoA4 for the Xbox360, but it's not that great. I just find them very repetitive and I need a game that's going to keep me interested.

I have heard great things about other titles, but haven't played them myself. They might be worth investigating though. They are Infamous, Little Big Planet and the Ratchet and Clank series. Again, I know nothing of them than people always highly reccomend them to me.
I played the Ratchet series on the Ps2. Not a big fan. I looked into inFAMOUS and I don't think that's going to do it for me either. The sandbox engine is very nice. Jumping from building to building and things like that I love, but nothing compares to Crackdown.

I know I may be a little too picky, but unfortunately the money I usually spend on video games is going towards bills and things of that nature so I have to cut back. So I really want a game that I am going to be able to put a lot of hours into. Whether it be Multiplayer hours, Single player or both. I cant wait for FFXIV...

Dragon Age: Origins looks amazing. I just don't even know what to say about it. It's visually stunning, gory, and just awesome looking. I've heard nothing but good things about it (so far). I think this will be my first game I purchase for my Ps3, which I also might buy tomorrow depending on my paycheck.

T

TheLastLink

to clearify, this thread is not about what games I should get, just in general
which games are a must-have for specific consoles.
I have a DS and a gamecube.

Last edited by a moderator:

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Obviously, the entire modern Zelda series:

The Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks

Other games:

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Sonic Adventure DX
Metroid Prime
Tales of Symphonia
Star Fox Adventures
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
Super Mario Sunshine

That's all I can think of at the moment...

Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door and Super Smash Bros. Melee are a must for the gamecube.

Some other games:
Sonic Heroes
Mario Kart Double Dash
Legend of Zelda Four Swords Adventure

As for DS, I can really only say New Super Mario Bros, and the Mario and Luigi titles.

T

TheLastLink

wait, what? where's TEWEWY? WHERE DID IT GOOO????
*Runs away*

anyway,

pretty much anything with Mario in the title
metroid prime hunters

All i can think of right now.

Austin

Austin
I also recommend Paper Mario, and you should also get Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (you should probably get 1 first, but this one is better IMO) and Animal Crossing (for both the DS and GC).

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
GameCube
Metroid Prime / Echoes
The Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Zelda Collector's Edition
Paper Mario
Fire Emblem
Baten Kaitos
Rainbow Six
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (ONLY if you have somebody else to play with)
Super Smash Bros.: MeleeStar Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
Tales of Symphonia
Resident Evil / 0, 2, 3, Code Veronica X, 4
Medal of Honor

Nintendo DS
Valkyrie Profile
Knights in the Nightmare
Phantom Hourglass / Spirit Tracks
Phantasy Star 0
FF CC: Ring of Fates (again, ONLY if you have somebody to play with)
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
New Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario 64 DS
Super Princess Peach
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time / Bowser's Inside Story
The World Ends With You
Resident Evil: Deadly Silence
Professor Layton and the Curious Village / Diabolical Box
Call of Duty (any)
Tomb Raider

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
DS
- Dragon Warrior
- Mega Man
- Guitar Hero
- Dementium
- and Harvest Moon

Gamecube
- Mario Strikers (Soccer)
- Need for Speed
- Baten Kratos
- and Evolution Worlds (if you can even find it)

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
GB/C Games Worth Mention

Ok so this thread is pretty simple, just post games for the GB or GBC that are worth mentioning, im sure you played a few good games for these old handheld systems. So share those gems with the rest of us =) I'll go first.

- Lufia The Legend Returns (an outstanding and under appreciated RPG)
- Resident Evil Gaiden (I didn't know GBC had res evil so I thought I'd mention it)
- Nanoloops Music Generator (for those of you who don't know chiptunes, this is what you need to know..)
- and Conker's Pocket Tales (one of the craziest games I've ever beat)

uhh... Pokemon is definitely a given XD So are the Zelda titles...

Also: Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
Super Mario Land
Super Mario Land 2
Wario Land: Super Mario World 3
Metroid 2 (Haven't played it, but I know its for G:cool:
Kirby Tilt n' Tumble (I found it annoying and extremely fustrating, but tilting the gameboy to move? in genious...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom