• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game of Thrones

Jedizora

:right:
So, does anyone else here watch/read Game of Thrones? I read the books over the summer, but only recently watched the show. I didn't think that they would manage to pull it off, but it was great. I was kinda disappointed what they did to Stannis, though. He was one of my favorite characters in the books, and they kinda ruined him.

There's another thread about Game of Thrones here but eh.... It was strangely worded, grammatically incorrect, and didn't have much of a focus.

I'm a huge Song of Ice and Fire fan. A good friend of mine got me into the book series, and they're among the best novels I've ever had the pleasure of reading. The writing is fantastic, and the way the plot is crafted and executed reaches a level of complexity that I've never experienced in a book before. Although the quality seemed to drop off after Storm of Swords, I believe that's just because Martin is setting the foundation and rising action for the next big confrontations that are going to happen.

As for the Game of Thrones HBO series, I adore that as well, maybe more than the books. Almost all of the actors are absolutely perfect for their roles; Sean Bean as Ned Stark, Emilia Clarke as Dany, Jack Gleeson as Joffery, and Richard Madden as Robb Stark are among my favorites. I do share your concerns with Stannis though, mainly just because they're making him so one-dimensional. I always thought he was very much in the same vein as Ned in the way that he's driven by duty and honor, but lacks the compassion and mercy that Ned had. He's been portrayed as just a straight up power-hungry jerk who has no compassion AT ALL. That's the one big issue I have with the series though.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I am a huge fan of the series. I am currently on A Dance with Dragons, and I am loving it. George RR Martin is so cruel to his characters that even a seemingly "most important character" can...you know. I can never feel safe.

I first discovered the books from the show. My parents had watched a little bit of season 1, then had us watch the first episode. I didn't watch anymore until I read the first book. Season two, though, was straight awful, though. Well, maybe not completely, I just felt HBO went overboard with nudity. After that season, it all picked up and was great again.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Seen the show, intend to read the books eventually. Have bought them on my kindle. My three favourite characters are Dany, Aria and Orchoa.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I like the show a fair bit. It's not my favorite thing on TV [that'll be Walking Dead, Dr. Who, and Adventure Time, not that anybody asked...] but the rest of my family really loves it so I go along with it. Don't care for all the nudity, but it IS made by HBO, what else was I expecting? I'm also not a big fan of traditional medieval tales; I tend to like the space-aged and technologically-advanced aesthetic more. But the political intrigue is really cool, so that's mainly why I watch.

That, and I want to see what happens with the Whitewalkers. Those things are freaky.

Mr Reaper

Fear The Reaper
One of my all-time favorite shows, I plan on reading the books sometime soon since I have the whole series on my phone, but man I'm still in shock over those last two episodes that came out tho, holy christ. :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom