• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game of the Month January 2012

What do you think the highest rated game of January 2012 will be?

• Gotham City Impostors (Jan. 10-XBLA, PSN, PC)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crush 3D (Jan. 13-3DS)

• Silent Hill HD Collection (Jan. 24-360, PS3)

• Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Jan. 31-360,PS3)

• Neverdead (Jan. 31-360, PS3)

• Soul Calibur V (Jan. 31-360, PS3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This month has an interesting array of titles releasing and a fairly nice mix to choose from. One title, Final Fantasy XIII-2, is looking especially hot with an early review of 10/10/10/10-Platinum or 40/40 setting the bar high for the rest of the year. This tradition of AAA releases early in the year was cemented fully back in 2010. Please note that I am not asking for your personal choice out of patronage or what game will sell most but what game will be best and recognized by the critics as such.

Last edited:

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I'd have to say Soulcalibur V because all of the games in that series are amazing. I really wish that SC would return to Nintendo... *sighs*.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Final Fantasy XIII-2, there's no contest IMO. Soul Calibur has gotten terrible in my opinion since IV's release. V doesn't look like much improvement. Can't say I care for any other titles on the list, to be honest.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
Hmmmm.... I don't know lol! If this thread applies to only titles released in NA then I would say Final Fantasy XIII-2. But, if this was just about any game release during Jan. 2012 (including the ones in Europe); then I would have to go with Resident evil Revelations.

EDIT: Oh, there's the list.... yeah, definitely XIII-2 then.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yup,it was a word that Zelda Dungeon would not let me write on this post: Mindf****d
Uh...it made sense to me. What happened to Serah was logical (I didn't see it coming, but it sort of was to be expected). Caius is too awesome to explain. Noel and Hope, dunno about that. The gameplay is several steps up from XIII's (though they're basically the same, S-E gracefully got rid of the TP system which honestly sucked, added Cinematic Actions for beefier gameplay and of course we have great voice actors as is S-E fame). Cutscenes are beautiful and what's more: ONE disc for the Xbox360 version! :claps:

Soul Calibur V just doesn't appeal to me after what they did with SCIV. To make matters worse, it seems as if Namco is trying to push Patroklos as the "main character" when previously there were no main characters (aside from Sieg and NM but that's a totally different story). I hear the Weapon Master/Chronicles of the Sword-type mode is Pat only, which would be disappointing. The Quick Step feature is bound to have bugs. I can tell that by looking for a balanced gameplay, one character of them all will be overpowered to the point where tournament play is a joke (previous examples: Kilik from SC4, Kilik from SC3, Kilik from SC2 but to a far lesser extent). Namco, i just don't know what to do with them.

I definitely have to go with Final Fantasy XIII-2. To be honest, I haven't been really keeping tabs on it as far as news goes, but from what I've seen/heard so far it looks promising...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom