• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game notes

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Do you make notes in a game to keep all the info together or do you rely on memories/backtracking loads...if yes what games and why?? Inspired by @Sheikah_Witch 's Aegis Rim (sorry if i spelt wrong...)

Last edited:

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Not very often. It's a shame, because instruction manuals always seemed to come with sections for notes that I never used, because I didn't want to blemish them.

Do you make notes in a game to keep all the info together or do you rely on memories/backtracking loads...if yes what games and why??
I save scum to get stuff done in a single run to save time, when it's possible to do so in a game.

However for certain games I do take a lot of notes down. So I don't have to guess enemy weaknesses or solutions to puzzles or to avoid the "need a good memory" sections of games. For these kinds of games I always have pen and paper handy.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I usually just go based on my memory, but Myst is the game that finally broke me. Can't do that game without notes or a guide, and it's so much more fun to use notes.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
When I was younger I used to use my left over notebooks that I was supposed to save for the next school year to write notes in, mainly for Zelda games. If I do make notes for games, which I don't do too often anymore, I'll write them in a Google Doc, that way I can view them both on my PC and on my phone.

When I was younger I used to use my left over notebooks that I was supposed to save for the next school year to write notes in, mainly for Zelda games. If I do make notes for games, which I don't do too often anymore, I'll write them in a Google Doc, that way I can view them both on my PC and on my phone.
That's a genius plan. I'm probably about to write a set of notes for Skyward Sword, in case I can play that again.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Yes, especially for Animal Crossing when it comes to collecting stuff. But over the years I have used note books, word docs and now google docs so that they never get deleted when my laptop dies.

I sometimes take notes, to organize my thoughts on stuff. Some games, I'll make to-do lists to keep myself on task and give myself objectives, especially if it's a more open-ended game.

If I find myself really invested in the worldbuilding/plot of a game, I may also write down some observations/predictions for me to keep in mind as I play. Sometimes they end up being important and blow my mind, other times, I find new stuff to fixate on.

The more annoying kind of note-taking is writing stuff down that is impossible to remember without taking notes. Note-taking should be because I want to, not because I have to. Like, in Rune Factory Frontier where I had to constantly take note of how many runeys were in a certain location so I could redistribute them. It was so tedious and probably one of my least favorite mechanics to come out of the entire series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom