• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Most Worthy of Remaking

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
In what way would you expand the story?

So when I heard Breath of the wild had memories I thought 'great!' these would be like Halo 4s terminals and would show the past in an interesting way. If you haven't played halo 4 just take my word for it that the terminals offered exciting glimpses into the history of the Halo lore. I would see a similar system implemented into OOT HD. IIwas thinking maybe gossip stones would be the way to access these cutscenes.

Anyway each area you visit might have a stone for instance and the cutscene the stone offered would relate to the history of that area or the people's connected to it. The history of the Sheikah could be shown in Kakariko and explain why there are so few left. One in Desert Colossus might show a younger Twinrova and go into how they have been operating behind the scenes for hundreds of years and how they came to be surrogates for Ganondorf perhaps.

As well as the stone cutscenes, characters who had just a few lines before (so most of them) could have proper sidequests made to incorporate them, Witcher 3 style. There you really get some depth and development and get a proper feel for what these characters place in the world is.

Any classic NES games you want to see with modern graphics?
Well Blaster Master was ramade on the Switch and it's amazing. Only the NES original and the Switch remake are worthy playing. All the other remakes are terrible.
Duck Tales was remade and nobody asked for that. I'd buy the remake if it was put on the Switch eShop for the right price I guess.
The Labo motorbike game feels like a straight remake of the NES game Mach Rider, complete with course creator (also in the NES game)
But other NES games? That's tricky. I'll see what games from any console I think could do with a remake or remaster.

Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 - For all the reasons said above. That remastered would be amazing. As long as it's done properly. Not like the Wind Waker remaster which was a total failure.

Terranigma - The best SNES game in my opinion and I'd love everyone to be able to play it.

Seiken Densetu 3 - Sequel to Secret of Mana and so far Japan only SNES game. Localise it and remaster it. It's like Octopath Traveller as in you choose 3 out of 6-8 characters. You start out with your first one and their story and you eventually team up with your chosen 2 and 3. This game released in 1995 and as is it's better in every way than Octopath Traveller. I've played in via emulation with the fan translation patch and it's quite amazing.

Rogue Squadron, Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike - Three of the best Star Wars games around. No nicrotransaction or lootbox bull****. Really fun N64 and GC games that I would totally buy with a remake.

Marathon Trilogy - The best 2.5D fps game series that is not DOOM. Remake that properly 3D and many people would play that. I think it might even be better than it's successor series - Halo.

Goldeneye - Pretty self explanitory that. Just make Oddjob the same height as everyone else.

I will gwt back to you on the NES remakes as I can't think of any at the moment.

Last edited:

Ninja

Well well well
Ocarina of Time - Full scale FF7 remake as others have said previously.

Onimusha - All games. The feudal japan slasher game would look AMAZING on the PS4.

Pokemon D/P/Pt - Gen IV was my absolute favorite, would be nice for it to get the ORAS treatment.

Megaman X1-3 HD - Instead of a port upscaled to 1080p, I'd love these three games to get the same remaster as MMX on the PSP.

Sonic Adventure
- One of my favorite Sonic games. Would be down for a Switch port.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom