• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Most Worthy of Remaking

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
We've been getting a lot of game redos lately. TPHD. MM3D. Shadows of the Collosus. Final Fantasy VII. Crash N-Sans Trilogy.
What games need a remastering or remake? Any classic NES games you want to see with modern graphics? Do you think classic Zelda needs voice acting?

Last edited:
Shadow of the- oh...

Metroid Prime for sure, I'd love to see it remade from the ground up with modern assets of the highest calibre achievable.

I'd like to see the same for Eternal Darkness and Golden Sun too.

Quin

Disaster Master
None of those are remakes except maybe FF, but I don't know much about that one.
I'm not a bit fan of either remakes of remasters/enhanced ports, but there are a few games that could maybe use it

Dark Souls could use a remaster, and I'm really glad its getting one. Its a great game with a lot of technical issues, (especially PC without dsfix) so I'm glad its getting one. Hopefully they don't change too much content wise, but I wouldn't care if they made the bed of chaos boss bearable

Honestly that's all I'm able to think of at the moment. Remakes should be reserved for games that had a lot of potential but didn't manage to pull that out, got rushed or had a ton of technical issues.
Although I have to say there have been a few good remakes that came from games that didn't need them, like pokemon HG/SS or Metroid Zero mission

Any classic NES games you want to see with modern graphics?
Not a remake perse, but I wouldn't hate a Balloon Fight revival. That's one of my favorite NES games.

Do you think classic Zelda needs voice acting?
NO.

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself
I want a Links awakening remake for 3ds or switch and I want a Zelda 3ds game.
What I mean is that every Zelda game we had on a 3ds is a remake, multiplayer game, and link between worlds does count as a remake so I want a Zelda 3ds game that has its own story that Nintendo hasn’t done yet.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Remakes
Max Payne - I don't know if we could consider this a dead franchise, but we sure as hell waited a long time before we saw part 3 and part 4 doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon, so a remake of the original with updated graphics and the amazing physics of the Max Payne 3 would be the perfect way to give some life to this series. Especially since the last game was missing the atmosphere and great writing of Sam Lake that many would appreciate experiencing again with a remake.

Assassin's Creed
- This game is over 10 years old now, and the Assassin's Creed franchise has come a long way since the original. Being the most primitive of the series but also starring the most iconic of the assassins as well as having told one of the more memorable stories in the series, I think a remake would be welcomed with open arms by fans as well as introduce those who got into the series late to the game that started it all.

Super Metroid - While this game doesn't necessarily need a remake, one will unfortunately be required to give the game HD visuals and possibly tweak and add some things the original could have greatly benefited from. Stuff like a better final battle, useful map features and fast travel from Samus Returns, and better controlling of the grapple beam.

Remasters
Resident Evil 4 - And I mean a real remaster. At the very least, I'd like them to layer modern graphics over the old ones, so that the game actually looks good in HD. I'm tired of them polishing a turd. You make a turd HD or run at 60 fps, it's still gonna look like a turd. Though, other than just graphical enhancements, I'd like to control the character with two sticks like in RE5, have a beam of light give an indication of where your grenade is gonna land, and add an extra command for Ashley that lets you control where she goes at a distance, by just aiming at a direction and commanding her to go there.

Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 - These games looked great on the Wii, and would look so much better in HD with better backgrounds, color, and lighting. And with the Switch still supporting motion controls, the experience of the original would still be in tact.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Xenogears was an ambitious game that unfortunately didn't have the budget to showcase it (and you can really feel it in disc 2), so b/c of how much was left out of the game due to the limited resources, more than any game I want Xenogears to be remade for the modern era but actually finished this time

now if I'm allowed to get carried away...alongside finishing Xenogears the game, I'd be ecstatic if they also chose to finish Xenogears the series, since Xenogears was intended to be a 6 part series, but we only ever got the one game; so if square enix were ever to decided to go back and actually give us Xenogears 1 - 6 on ps4 or whatever, I wouldn't complain about anything ever again....unless they end up sucking in which I'll vandalize sega of america

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
cGesKuz.jpg

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I dunno about remakes but there are numerous games in desperate need of director's cuts.

Twilight Princess has a ton of cut content, that's apparent just by playing it. And Final Fantasy XII could use a script rewrite to story's original concept and the inclusion of the job system like it should've had from the get go - and not just the separate license boards Zodiac Age included, I'm talking the FFIII and Tactics job system!

The world could of had a System Shock remaster but something went wrong.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I want to see OOT remade in the style of the FF7 remake. Offering an expanded story and world.

OOT was the origin story for the whole series until SS came and ****ed things up. That's where the important **** goes down anyway. So seeing it remade would please me a lot.

I want to see OOT remade in the style of the FF7 remake. Offering an expanded story and world.

OOT was the origin story for the whole series until SS came and ****ed things up. That's where the important **** goes down anyway. So seeing it remade would please me a lot.

In what way would you expand the story?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom