• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

game confusion...

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
when playing a game series and theyre very similar do you ever mix up the games ,like youre playing Majoras mask and youre doing the forest temple do you think, oooh wasnt there something round here but its in OoT?? im having this issue in Spyro.....

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
That's quite a contrast, mark.

To answer the question, I have kept mixing up the different controls in the different Zelda games I've been playing, and a couple of times I've thought I was supposed to use an item that wasn't in that specific game. Mainly the Deku Leaf and Double Clawshots.

MW7

I played through Oblivion recently and seemed to be misremembering all sorts of quests that I thought were in the game. Then I replayed Skyrim and realized all the "missing quests" were in that game and my mind shuffled everything together. A specific example is that the first real quest of the Thieves Guild in Skyrim was something that I was almost certain was a Dark Brotherhood quest in Oblivion.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I played through Oblivion recently and seemed to be misremembering all sorts of quests that I thought were in the game. Then I replayed Skyrim and realized all the "missing quests" were in that game and my mind shuffled everything together. A specific example is that the first real quest of the Thieves Guild in Skyrim was something that I was almost certain was a Dark Brotherhood quest in Oblivion.
I had a similar thing w/ GTA 3 and Liberty City Stories, I though 3 had certain things like the ferry that takes you b/w islands that turned out were all in Liberty City Stories

Reactions: MW7

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
For me, it's usually just control schemes that throw me off. For instance, I was playing Red Dead Redemption II for months recently and then I started DOOM, and everytime I wanted to change my weapon, I'd accidentally throw a grenade because I was so used to holding LB instead of RB for that. Happens to me often when I go from game to game with similar mechanics.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I was playing Super Mario 3D Land last week after recently playing Super Mario Odyssey, and I tried to double jump with cappy, but guess what, there was no cappy. I ended up falling to my death haha.

Another time I was helping my sister out with fishing in TP (Wii Version) after recently playing on the Switch, and I tried to move the camera with the nunchuck stick. Instead of moving the camera, Link ran and jumped into Lake Hylia.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I was playing Super Mario 3D Land last week after recently playing Super Mario Odyssey, and I tried to double jump with cappy, but guess what, there was no cappy. I ended up falling to my death haha.

Another time I was helping my sister out with fishing in TP (Wii Version) after recently playing on the Switch, and I tried to move the camera with the nunchuck stick. Instead of moving the camera, Link ran and jumped into Lake Hylia.
Nice refreshing swim!!!:D

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
The only trouble I tend to have is between controllers. Going from the XBox controller to the Switch pro controller and encountering a QTE, playing rhythm games, or having button prompts is not really fun for muscle memory when A, B, X and Y on the Switch pro controller are different to the XBox’s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom