• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Gaining Temple/Dungeon Entrance

We've been hearing for awhile now how the overworld and temples were going to be much more intertwined and connected (making it harder to distinction between the two). Well, from what I can tell, one way in which the developers are visualizing this idea within the game is that it seems like each temple may require some form of manipulation of the overworld (through puzzle solving most likely) in order to enter. The recent gameplay footage seems to suggest and show this happening at various times. Obviously, this is not necessarily a new thing within the Zelda series, and gaining entrance into the next temple/dungeon is not always a straight-forward thing, but what I am suggesting is that the temple/surrounding environment relationship may be much more intricate than what we've seen in the past.

Some Examples:

- During the quick shot of the Link swimming in the "Forest Area", you can see the Sky Temple down on the right hand side below the water.....this leads me to believe that we are going to have to figure out how to lower the water level in the surrounding area before we can gain entrance.

- It has been reported that in order to gain access to the Fire Temple we must retrieve broken pieces of a key that have been scattered across Eldin Volcano. This seems a bit too simple, and I'm guessing there may be a whole other level to this that we are not aware of yet.

- There is a quick shot of Link attempting to solve some sort of dial puzzle within a "Desert Area" that contains a water, fire, and lightning emblem. This is immediately followed by a shot of a large structure rising from the sand amidst a much larger and complex series of structures in a circular pattern. So I imagine that the dial puzzle is only the last step in a much more complex overall puzzle. The juxtaposition of these shots seem to suggest the unearthing of a temple as a result of this puzzle solving.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
As you said it is not so different from what it has been...

We always require or accomplish a certain event or mission before we are let into the temple. As a great example, the twilight in TP. You coudnt advance until you have irradiated the twilight and then you had to "save" somehow the village you were, like getting the Iron Boots to be permited into the Fire Temple. Though the difference between the overworld and the temple are very obvious, we always find ourselves circling the dungeon to fin an entrance.

This is not very different from what we saw in the video, once Link has completed the puzzle (twilight), a new challenge came to the surface (Sumo Wrestling) and then, assuming, you get complete and true entrance to the temple.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
It seems we'll be needing to do a lot of puzzle-solving before we can actually reach the entrances themselves. I find this to be a unique and brilliant path, even though I can remember just wanting to get into the Dungeons to explore. I'm actually glad the game will be featuring this so that it will provide more playing time, and I'm certain the puzzles won't be too long. Nintendo is very good at details, and they can relate to our impacience on wanting to journey through each Temple respectively, so they should keep the pre-entrance puzzles short.

It seems we'll be needing to do a lot of puzzle-solving before we can actually reach the entrances themselves. I find this to be a unique and brilliant path, even though I can remember just wanting to get into the Dungeons to explore. I'm actually glad the game will be featuring this so that it will provide more playing time, and I'm certain the puzzles won't be too long. Nintendo is very good at details, and they can relate to our impacience on wanting to journey through each Temple respectively, so they should keep the pre-entrance puzzles short.

Knowing Nintendo, overworld puzzles before dungeons will be short albeit difficult.

Last edited:

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
Yeah, It seems that the environments and characters living around the temples are much more involved. Of course this isn't exactly too new to the Zelda franchise (an example would be Goron Mines). But it seems this time around that the Temples won't be as easy to enter. The only dungeon I can think of right now that was an adventure to get in was City in the Sky from Twilight Princess.

It seems though that every dungeon will be like that to get into, except probably more fun and not tedious.

Can't wait for this baby to launch!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom