• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

G4 is Dead :(

LOL

I'm deaf, For real
It's sad to see that G4 will be long gone even though they were showing repeats of stupid Reality shows most of the time. I only liked G4 for gaming but never got to watch X-play and Attack of the show. Will there ever be a TV channel for Gamers? Most importantly, what will happen to Comic-Con and E3 coverages? I know that G4 will be re-branded and that the channel has been dead for a few months. :sad:

Djinn

and Tonic
Honestly I liked Tech-TV before it became G4. G4 was little else than constant repeats of old Cops episodes and leftover shows from Spike and Comedy Central. It went downhill fast and I am surprised that it lasted this long. Especially after a few major satellite and cable companies dropped it from their listings a few years ago. I have not been interested in looking at that channel in years myself.

I do remember them hating on absolutely every single game they ever reviewed, always saying the levels were way too repetitive. In fact repetitive was the one word they chanted in every review. As if each game must revolutionize the industry with each and every level consistently.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
As far as I'm concerned G4 has been dead for years. Their programming became absolute gutter trash and had nothing to do with games or tech or anything of the sort, just random garbage. I enjoyed xplay, cheat, filter ... but most of those shows were canned one by one until nothing but the mounting garbage was left. G4 was a waste of air time and it needed to go years ago.

Ever since losing Sessler and Pereira in practically the same week the network lost all of its original personalities (and what little was left of its talent) and it was pretty much done for. Really this comes as no surprise. The only surprise is that it took so long. :dry:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
G4 dying is a godsend. They stopped being great (imo)...well into 2007.

Hanyou

didn't build that
I never even liked X-Play and Attack of the Show. The humor was the lowest common denominator and both shows seemed to appeal to the worst stereotypes of gamers.

I did watch X-Play back in 2006 or so when I was bored, but I never had much respect for it.

Frankly, I haven't had the channel for years and I hardly miss it.

Ever since losing Sessler and Pereira in practically the same week the network lost all of its original personalities (and what little was left of its talent) and it was pretty much done for. Really this comes as no surprise. The only surprise is that it took so long. :dry:

Sessler always seemed like a jerk to me. He, like his co-host on X-Play, seemed biased against Nintendo games. He came off as loud and obnoxious, and he seemed to think of himself as a crusader for video games or something.

Maybe he was a great guy, but my impression of him was not very positive.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Sessler always seemed like a jerk to me. He, like his co-host on X-Play, seemed biased against Nintendo games. He came off as loud and obnoxious, and he seemed to think of himself as a crusader for video games or something.

According to some people who have claimed to have met Sessler some say he is a bit of a jerk (at the very least). But it is pretty obvious Sessler put on the aire of the standard weak, inefectual jerkoff video gamer on xplay and acting loud and obnoxious was part of that role. How much of this is actually true to his character is beyond me, but according to an article I read (if you really demand it I can be arsed to try and find it again) he wasn't a video gamer to begin with but got into showbusiness and even studied in showbusiness after a brief stint as an accountant. So his job kinda necessitated he get involved with video games.

I think he is truly interested in video games and like any interested gamer only wants what's best for their future, so the "crusader" part doesn't surprise me.

There is always some perceived bias against Nintendo, remember Resident Evil 4 is one of his most favorite games and it was a Nintendo exclusive on its initial release. I often found XPlay's reviews to be quite non-bias for the most part and of course extremely brutally honest.

Adam does strike me as a bit neurotic ... but then again I've never met the guy.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I only have one thing to say.

tumblr_mcbocfncWK1qkf3ufo1_500.gif

tumblr_m5q9htO3Qo1rpoka3o1_400.gif

tumblr_m86um6V38G1r3ty9no1_500.gif

Last edited:

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
It was fun while it lasted-- been a long time since I watch them though. Kinda lost interest as they kept dropping shows and replacing hosts-- long live Portal! Bloody Dove was hilarious.

I felt X-Play criticized too harshly and was hard for me to follow the reviews-- they'd say it was really bad but the score was ok so many times... I don't even...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom