• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword FYI a Game Breaking Glitch Has Been Discovered

bobenstien

"How should I kill you?"
The spoiler is for those of you who haven't beaten the 6th dungeon yet.

Over at Zeldainformer, they have discovered that a game-breaking glitch is possible in the Song of the Hero portion of Skyward Sword. What I mean is that this glitch could potentially cause you to not be able to finish the game. The glitch is somehow related to the Thunder Dragon's Quest. You are supposed to be able to gain the 3 portions of the song of the hero in any order; however, a glitch has occurred to those who have completed the Thunder Dragon Quest prior to either of the other ones. This glitch prevents one of the other 2 portions of the quest to begin and so you cannot finish the game. Keep in mind that the exact reason for this glitch occurring are still unknown. Also I believe that some people have been able to do the Thunder Dragon Quest first without experiencing problems, but no one has experienced problems by doing it last.

So play it safe and save (preferably to another file as well) before doing any of the 3 portions of the quest, and beware if you plan on doing the Thunder Dragon portion before either of the other two.
If the glitch has already happened, and you are now unable to complete the game, do this:
*If you have already downloaded the channel, go to step 6

1.Exit the game by pressing HOME, wii menu, and yes.
2.Enter the Wii shop.
3.Click channels.
4.Click the one that has a name that is smoething like Skyward Sword Save Data Recovery Channel, or something like that.
5.Download it
6.Once the recovery channel has been downloaded, open it.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Thats all there is to it! If you have done this, you should have your save data back! Now you can do the glitch, do this, over and over again!

*MAKE SURE YOU SAVE YOUR GAME AFTER YOU TALK TO LEVIAS AND BEFORE YOU RETURN TO THE SURFACE!!!!!!*

E

Eltomato

I got this glitch D: Good thing I found a fix like a month later on Wii Shop Channel :P

L

Linebeck II

Good thing you can fix it with the tool from the shop.

Though I gotta say that I find it kind of embarassing to have a similar glitch in two consecutive major (console) zeldagames.

I did it in the sequence Faron, Eldin, Lanayru.
Just kind of seemed natural to do it that way, considering that is usually how all Zelda games are set up.
I did it on my own, without information of a glitch.

L

Linebeck II

I did it in the sequence Faron, Eldin, Lanayru.
Just kind of seemed natural to do it that way, considering that is usually how all Zelda games are set up.
I did it on my own, without information of a glitch.
Same here, the glitch is really highly unlikely if you do not try to provocate it, just like the one in twilight princess where you saved your game at just the wrong time.

Of course it CAN happen if you are just really unlucky, which is kind of sad.

Link-of-Lylat

It's me!
If you're doing Hero mode, even if you do that place first, it'll still have all the bosses, even Demise. And you can still go there, just don't talk to goro after getting the song. Just immediatelly go to the next area of your choosing. Oh, and if you still accidentally do the glitch, I believe there is a channel in the wii shop channel that fixes it.

J

jorden1506

i just followed the order of this walkthrough but found everything out myself so didn't had a problem :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom