• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword FYI a Game Breaking Glitch Has Been Discovered

Darklinkrules45

Bow Down to the Dark Lord
you can download a new channel onto your wii console called 'save data update' from the wii shop channel. i just saw it today. on the instructions it said something like ' we've heard some glitches about if you do them, you can't go on. so we've decided to make something where you can recover your save data' i was all like "YES!" :):):)

L

LinkinSpirit

Thank God I didn't do the thunder dragon's song first! I did Faron, Eldin, then Lanaryu.

A

aldo

well don't know if anybody got stuck in the hylia temple ( songs of hero) after the time gate is open you suppose to get out to go to the flooded feron woods but it was late and I save it before getting out of that time gate room..... and next day I go back but I can't get out of that place the doors will not open, impa is there telling me to go on and fulfili my destiny ........and I have to start the game all over again ....!!????

M

Mathias

No worries! Get the SS channel from the shop channel,.....alot of channels....

aw, i was gonna do that portion first in my hero's quest so that i could get the hylian shield. (i didnt get it my first playthrough cuz i didnt even know it was in the game)

everettkagan

Major SS and Oot fan!
I actually copied my file to the 2nd file and then continued. That actually got me through the file with no problems at all.

M

Mistika99

Wow, I'm so glad I read this. I almost did the Thunder dragon's song first. What a life-saver!

After defeating Bilocyte and talking to Levias, make sure to save a copy of your current progress to another save slot, just in case.

The glitch can still be avoided even if you do the Lanayru region first:
Simply do not talk to Golo the Goron outside of the Lanayru Caves, that is all.

You can talk to him however many times in the Lanayru Caves and the game won't glitch.
His other location is in the Lanayru Mine Entry save point area. Avoid him there.

***Remember that going down to Lanayru region first without doing anything or talking to anyone means
that you have to complete the Hero Song quest in this region before the other regions' Hero Song quests can trigger.

Of course, the easiest way to avoid the glitch is to do Lanayru region last but the incentive to do Lanayru first would be acquiring the Hylian Shield for the rest of the game.

But if you do glitch, just download the Channel patch.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Well I was playing the game without a guide or walkthrough and followed the instructions given to me during the game by the Sheikah Stone or Fi or whatever character and the glitch didn't happen of course. I read there was a glitch somewhere in the game but by the time I reached that point I already forgot about it

The situation is caused by performing the following sequence of events during the Song of the Hero quest:

1. At the beginning of the quest, go to Lanayru Desert to retrieve the song of the Thunder Dragon.
Did
2. In the Lanayru Mine, speak with Golo the Goron.
Did
3. Complete the Thunder Dragon's event, and receive his song.
Didn't do.
4. Before heading to the forest or volcano regions, speak with Golo in the mine again.
Also didn't do
5. At this point, the forest and volcano events will no longer occur, making it impossible to continue.
Then why did this happen?

The situation is caused by performing the following sequence of events during the Song of the Hero quest:

1. At the beginning of the quest, go to Lanayru Desert to retrieve the song of the Thunder Dragon.
Did
2. In the Lanayru Mine, speak with Golo the Goron.
Did
3. Complete the Thunder Dragon's event, and receive his song.
Didn't do.
4. Before heading to the forest or volcano regions, speak with Golo in the mine again.
Also didn't do
5. At this point, the forest and volcano events will no longer occur, making it impossible to continue.
Then why did this happen?

1. That's ok. No glitch.
2. Inside the mine, that's ok too. No glitch.

The problem is step 3. You already went to Lanayru and you're saying that you DID NOT receive the Hero Song from the Thunder Dragon?
If that's the case, then you have to complete this quest first.
Like I said in an earlier post, simply going to Lanayru, even without doing anything else activates this region's Hero Song quest.
You need the Hero Song from the Thunder Dragon first before the Faron Woods OR Eldin Volcano events can trigger.

4. Good, that's the correct thing to do. You don't ever need to speak to Golo again after he opens up the tunnel path to Lanayru Gorge. No glitch.
5. No glitch yet, you simply haven't finish Lanayru region.

Last edited:

everettkagan

Major SS and Oot fan!
I dont know whats even happening. i went from Lanayru to Faron to Eldin, in that order, and i was completely fine. the best advice i can give is to copy your file and if it breaks on you, start over on the copied file. I just wanted to get the hylain shield faster, which i did. it was REALLY easy, too. not trying to toot my own horn here or anything, but i dont get why everyone says its hard.:lol:

I dont know whats even happening. i went from Lanayru to Faron to Eldin, in that order, and i was completely fine. the best advice i can give is to copy your file and if it breaks on you, start over on the copied file. I just wanted to get the hylain shield faster, which i did. it was REALLY easy, too. not trying to toot my own horn here or anything, but i dont get why everyone says its hard.:lol:

You know someone is trying to toot their own horn when they say they aren't trying to toot their own horn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom