• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Future weapons!!

• Thread starter God Of Lightning
  • Start date

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
On this playthrough of TP, I've used the Hawkeye a lot, mainly in finding golden bugs and poes. I wouldn't mind having the Hawkeye back.

It could get more use, though. Like if in Hyrule Field there were switches really, really, really far away on a mountain or something and you'd have a really difficult time hitting it without the Hawkeye.

Johnny Boy

Doctor JB!
A Scimitar that is easy to swing and is fast.
Arabian Link. :cool:
This sword would be twice as weak but much faster.
You would be able to totally wipe out enemies with your
spped and agility.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
How about if it was a short scimitar on a chain. Used sort of like the Ball and Chain, but obviously much different.

P

pickle962

how about night vision goggles? it would come in handy in really dark cave:)

bellum

Gamer since age 2
how about night vision goggles? it would come in handy in really dark cave:)
Night Vision Goggles? Don't you think that's a bit techy for a zelda game. I call it a lantern. I can't think of any new items though, so I"ll edit if I can think of something.

J

Jim4

I think the biggest issue with items is that in the new games, it's so much more linear. Remember back in OoT? You could beat almost every puzzle without getting like any of the magic spells (you need Din's fire once I believe), or the Ice Arrows, or the Biggoron sword, but when you got them they added like a whole new element to everything. In the Gamecube games, basically all of the items you get, you need.

Also, I love how interactable Wind Waker was. Like if an enemy dropped it's sword, you could pick it up and use it, which also played a large role when you didn't have your sword, and you had to go find a makeshift weapon. I'd like to see more of that in the future as well, just making a weapon out of whatever you can find/stealing weapons from other enemies with swords and spears.

Last edited by a moderator:

hsb39

Why so logical?
I think the biggest issue with items is that in the new games, it's so much more linear. Remember back in OoT? You could beat almost every puzzle without getting like any of the magic spells (you need Din's fire once I believe), or the Ice Arrows, or the Biggoron sword, but when you got them they added like a whole new element to everything. In the Gamecube games, basically all of the items you get, you need.

Also, I love how interactable Wind Waker was. Like if an enemy dropped it's sword, you could pick it up and use it, which also played a large role when you didn't have your sword, and you had to go find a makeshift weapon. I'd like to see more of that in the future as well, just making a weapon out of whatever you can find/stealing weapons from other enemies with swords and spears.

I certainly agree with that, I loved the whole picking up weapons thing. I liked how it evolved, at the start you needed it for the weapons, then later on you just wanted to knock down some pillars.

And I do think that there should be more unnecessary upgrades.

Shnappy

derp
As Zelda has progressed, these items are getting more and more futuristic, but I think that's not actually a good thing. We might even be getting guns by Zelda 25 (*shudder*). But for as to what I hope will be in the future, I would have to say that some kind of whip or something would be pretty cool. That would make Link be... really cool. :)

hsb39

Why so logical?
As Zelda has progressed, these items are getting more and more futuristic, but I think that's not actually a good thing. We might even be getting guns by Zelda 25 (*shudder*). But for as to what I hope will be in the future, I would have to say that some kind of whip or something would be pretty cool. That would make Link be... really cool. :)

Well... if we could get a medieval whip... Or something like it. I do think that they need to be careful with technology, and keep the setting generally the same.

peanutjoepap

Mr. Peanut
I think it would be cool for Link to actually use the Triforce of Courage in the form of magic... for once...

I mean, I don't see Ganondorf or Zelda running around trying to get items to make themselves better (other than Ganondorf getting the Trident of Power [Four Swords Adv. & A Link To The Past]).

i think that the triforce of courage makes link stronger, a normal human could not be stabbed 27,000 times and live just because they found a little pink stone in a jar

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
I think it would be cool to have an item that makes Link invisible for a short period of time. It would use the magic meter of course and some enemys would not fall for it however. I would like to see the Lens of Truth used in the future too.

I'd like the TP's version of hookshot, that was really fun!, to be back.

I'd like the ball and chain but in a smaller size... not sure what for other than for fun, hahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom