• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Future Use of Controling Vehicle in the Next Handheld Idea

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
This Idea is based off a way of steering through the fog in a part in Phantom Hourglass. In PH, you get to steer with the wheel of Linebeck's Steam Boat. I thought this idea would be more likely what would happen other then drawing a line. That takes no effort,but this would be a tad more realistic and maybe players would've liked sailing even more. So, what if they brought this idea back? I would certainly love it to be i the next Pocket Zelda.

Since there's a chance the next Handheld Zelda would have a flight based vehicle (the other two pocket Zeldas games had a boat and a train as their vehicles) the control would have to match the way the plane(I really really doubt this one. Link on a plane:lol:) or a balloon(I love this theory since there is ingame evidence). Discuss how you think the control would work.

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
Its an interesting concept, Link the conquer of sea, land, and air!!! If they do implement some sort of flying machine I think it will just be a balloon (hot air baloon of course), a plane would be too hi-tech (even though you where clearly kidding).

Maybe when traveling in said balloon you set you course, depart, and while on you way to your destination kneese and other creatures attack you balloon. They could steal your fire and the air would cool causing you to loose altitude, once you kill the critters you have to relight the burner to regain altitude.

Its a pretty cool idea, I am acutally hoping Nintendo does this!!!! :D

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Well, if it was indeed a a sort of....plane-ship (flying pirate ship?!), then I suppose the controls you mentioned would work.
I can't really see how you could apply that to a balloon though, unless you gave a balloon a steering wheel.
:P
But, yeah, if they had that sort of control in Wind Waker, I think sailing would have been more fun; Maybe even with the Wii control and actually holding it with the steering wheel thing from Mario Kart!
....that sounds like fun, too bad it won't happen :(

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
If he was going to fly anything I would hope it wouldn't be a plane. An airship or balloon would fit ok, or maybe Link will sprout flying boots.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Based on the transportation metod of PH and ST, the most reasonable guess might be travel in air in something like a hang glider or a hot air balloon. But I think that there could be a method of travelling underground, which might be a way to knock down enemy territory. If there is flying, then Link might use weapons to destroy enemy territories (bomb arrows etc). There also might be a flying method where the vehicle would be similar to the Hover Boots that were in OoT.

Toon_Link

Super Awesome Member
Wouldn't the next Zelda in this "trilogy," as people have been calling it be on the 3DS since it's gonna released next year? So then you could use the gyro thing in it (I forget what it's called) to steer said vehicle. That is unless if it's an air vehicle, but I hope Nintendo doesn't keep with this "vehicle/element trilogy." Besides if there isn't air travel or any sort of vehicle then Epona could be in it, and you could steer her by turning the 3DS. Maybe that's how you're gonna steer Epona in OoT 3D?

Link Master

The Hero's Master
Interesting indeed however they would probably not have a plane more likely a hot air balloon, I say this because Beedle has a hot air balloon in ST so why not let Link have one. I think that the realistic controlling was interesting but it was really hard to go in the direction you want to go in because I would turn slowly and then the fairies would say this way and then I would let go of the wheel and it would go even more to the right and I would lose the spot.
In other words I would not like this in a future hand held Zelda game it would be really frustrating to control.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
I've always hoped that someday Link would be able to ride on a dragon. You'd be able to fully control it, and you could also use your sword and arrows while riding on its back. That would be kind of tough to make an overworld for, though, because you pretty much just go anywhere if you could fly.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
That would be kind of tough to make an overworld for, though, because you pretty much just go anywhere if you could fly.

Not necessarily. In Kid Icarus: Uprising for the 3DS, Pit has the ability to fly for short distances as a part of level transition. Perhaps our little dragon friend could be deflected by some sort of magical boundary (Such as in Wind Waker with Ganon's Tower or the King of Red Lions who instructs you to turn around). Perhaps dragon could be a plausible idea, but I'm more for the boat or steed.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I like this idea and have an idea of how the control system would work.

If, for example it was a hot air balloon then you could have some sort of fire supply that you might have to buy or collect and you have to tap the screen when you want a burst of fire to lift the balloon firther into the sky. You coud also have a map where you can draw your route in the air. (Much like the Sea Chart in PH and the train tracks in ST) You could also have items in the sky that you could run into to collect. (Such as treasure, gems or any other item that could be a possible side quest idea.)

What do you think?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I honestly did suspect that the next handheld game will feature some sort of air travel, though I doubt it would be a plane. I think an airship would be awesome, though that might just be the Final Fantasy fan in me talking.

I personally like third-person control better, because first person control feels too much like a flight simulator game or something, and gives you a narrowed vision of what's around you. But if we do get first-person control, I want everything to be completely intuitive... the character's hands should do whatever mine are doing, and I should be able to manipulate the controls in exactly the way the character does. I want to be totally immersed, and be able to forget about both layers of control... those on the screen, and those in my hands. So that I can focus on what's happening, and responding to it.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I would absolutely love to see a Hot Air Balloon in the next Handheld Zelda. Like it has been stated by many in the past, the handheld games have their own "Triforce" of values. PH had the ocean and a bot, ST has the land and a train, the next handheld could have the air and a hot air balloon.

The idea does seem quite plausable. After all, if they can have a cannon that is so powerful that it can blast someone into the heavens, they can have a hot air balloon, which isnt as high tech.

Two ideas that have been raised- A broomstick and a plane will probably be impossible. A broomstick would be just silly for Zelda. Could you imagine Link flying around like Kotake and Koume?

The plane would be too high tech, and you cant really do much with it. It would have to be huge if it was to carry any sort of freight and it would need a few seats for passengers if Link were to carry any around Hyrule/wherever the game could be set.

We've already seen Beedle flying his hot air balloon, so we know it's possible. I say we'll be seeing Link in his balloon sometime in the near future. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom