• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Funniest Zelda Games

Mubble

Pokémon Pusher
I noticed that some of the games I've played so far have really great humor in them, with some classic lines. Personally, I quite liked some of Midna's dialogue - her aloof quips and sarcastic remarks were amusing and made it enjoyable to have a companion around. I'm aware that there are some known funny elements in the games too - such as the sprite saying 'I am Error!' from Zelda II, and a few Mario references scattered throughout.

Are any of the games particularly humorous over the others? I haven't yet played them all so I am interested to find out.

geek4887

The Unknown
Phantom Hourglass was quite a humorous game, mostly because of Linebeck's presence in the game. Overall, the game is more light hearted than Wind Waker was.

MasterSwordBoy1

Hero of Pie
In TP, the creepy and funny mailman (Wearing short shorts 0___0) was funny when he gave you mail, because he would make a little tune when he gave you mail.

I actually think WW is very humourous.
Reason being is Link's expressions in certain situations.
For example when Link wins a level he jumps around uncontrolably.

This has to be the most expressive ive seen Link in a Zelda game and its so good to see.
You can really see by his expressions how he feels and its a very good thing.
In mos Zelda games his expression is the same.

Last edited:

Mubble

Pokémon Pusher
I agree about Phantom Hourglass - Linebeck injected a lot of humor and had some memorable arrogant lines. He's one of those characters I kinda loved to dislike! Charmingly full of himself.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Ocarina of Time: Darunia and his c-raaaazy dancing. :cooky:

And MM: When the Deku King completely flips out after seeing his daughter saved, and practically grovels in shame.

LinkIsAwesomest

NEVER FORGET HE'S AWESOME
Spirit Tracks Zelda is hilarious, because she's a bit of a scaredy cat :D

Like in the Tower of Spirits when she learned her body was taken over or something, she flew around in circles all the way to the top of the tower.

And also when she said "Me? Go with him?" I was thinking, Yeah, go with him!! What's wrong with Link, he's awesome why WOULDN'T you go with him.

And lastly because she's scared of tiny rats. It's so funny to see her as a big, stong Phantom cowering in fear because of tiny rats :lol:

geek4887

The Unknown
Wait up...anyone forget Ocarina of Time? Come on, don't tell me King Zora's moving aside wasn't hilarious?

YoshiFlame

Businessman of Legend
The Wind Waker was definitely one of the more humorous Zelda games. One scene I fondly remember was entering Forsaken Fortress for the first time. Link didn't even realize what was happening until it was too late.

Skyward Sword had me laughing every time I spoke to a character or had a long cutscene. TP, Midna was great, especially HEARING what she said instead of reading it. She said "You are bread" once and I died from laughing. Oot has its moments, like the Zora King and Princess Ruto telling you that you have to marry her because she gave you the stone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom