• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Funniest Zelda Game?

Hmm. This is a rather difficult question to answer as Zelda games are traditionally not renowned for their humor. I'd have to agree with you regarding Skyward Sword. Groose and Ghirahim truly do seal the deal. The Groosenator and Debbie shall rise!

ghirahim_meets_his_idol_by_sarasaland_dragon169-d4e3c5i.png

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I would get PH if it wasnt for what I've heard about having to go through the Ocean King Temple like 50 million times...
Regardless if you go through the Temple of the Ocean King a lot, it's still a pretty good game. You have to go through the Tower of Spirits several times in Spirit Tracks as well. I recommend PH though. It really is funny. ^^

Skyward Sword, The Wind Waker, and Phantom Hourglass are the three funniest Zelda games, in my opinion. I regard them as the funniest because of their fantastic comic relief characters, such as Groose and Ghirahim in SS, Tetra and the pirates in TWW, and Linebeck in PH. These games also had very funny moments involving Link: for example, Link's facial expressions before being cannonballed into the Forsaken Fortress in TWW, and some of Link's reactions to Groose's statements towards the end of SS.

Overall, I'd have to give the crown to Skyward Sword as the funniest Zelda game. Groose's demeanor and character development were perfect; they were both humorous and story-driven, which made them even better. Groose's initial reaction to the land below and him saying it was all the Legend of Groose at the end of the game were priceless. Also, Ghirahim was a very fabulous interesting character, to say the least. Him licking his chops just never gets old, does it? And to go along with those two very funny characters, the supporting cast supplied some pretty funny moments as well, especially during sidequests: including Fledge, Batreaux, and a few others.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
SS because Groose and Ghirhaim are ridiculous, PH because Lineback is riduclous, and last of all windwaker, these all have the more cheerfull mood, and if they counted the cdis i cant watch i a sequince without laughing.

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
Skyward Sword is the funniest zelda game I've played to date. But if you really want to discuss funny, you should talk about the cd-i games...

Kyros 676

The Ultimate Hero
I haven't finished SS so I say TWW and PH are the funniest. Links face when Lineback gives him the key... PRICELESS

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I would have to say Link's Awakening. There are so many things about this game that are just funny. Tarin, for example, eats a mushroom and turns into an evil raccoon who tries to get Link lost in the Mysterious Woods. The shopkeeper in Mabe Village will basically murder Link if he steals from him, and your character is called "THIEF" for the rest of the game. The character Papahl says he will be lost in the hills later, and then later in the game he really is lost in the hills. The photographer will knock Link out if he refuses to get his picture taken, and will take the picture anyway. Christine, the hippo (if I recall correctly) in Animal Village will send a letter to Mr. Write with a picture she claims is of herself, but is actually of Princess Peach from the Mario games.

I could name a lot more than this, too. Link's Awakening is just hilarious.

I think LA and WW are in the top 2 for me, but LA is just odd, whereas WW is concise and funnier in its context. There are so many awesome moments in WW form Tetra constantly scoling Link, to Link being Launched in the barrel and later on face-planting the Tower of the Gods, comedy gold and Nintendo at their slapstick best. =]

I think WW easily takes the cake here. The shot of Link slamming into the Tower of the Gods, or getting flung out of the cannon a the Forsaken Fortress was hilarious.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
I also think Skyward Sword is the funniest. Ghirahim's dialog, the skydiving scene and Link's face, Groose freaking out when he sees a goron "what IS THAT thing?!". Oh and when Cawlin cries like a baby during the love letter scene. I thought Batreaux and Kukiel were also pretty funny. Nothing beats Groose's room though. The self portrait, the punching bag with Link's face on it- too funny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom