• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Funniest Zelda Game to Date?

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
I definitely thought Skyward Sword was funny, and I often laughed out loud. I fell over laughing in the scene where Groose grabs onto Link while falling and his reaction to the surface world. Birds start to roost on his pompadour. I thought it was great!

I thought beetle or beedle, however you spell it, was a pretty funny character throughout the different games, espessially in windwaker :D

I love how the store owners are SO saddened if you don't buy anything. I also like how, after almost every tense dungeon and battle, there was some humor to lighten up the story.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
There were many characters that made me laugh at various points in the game, namely Groose, Scrapper, Peatrice (the girl at the Item Check), Rupin (the Gear Shop owner) and Cawlin. Also, some of the cutscenes were pretty funny too, one of which is at the beginning of the game. I think Skyward Sword's humour comes close to or surpasses Wind Waker's humour!

Skyward was definitely funny for me, i loved how every character had their own quircks and backrounds with humor. favorite moments of skyward sword HAVE to be with groose, i absolutely love how he is so silly and ignorant because he loves zelda. Humor is pretty important to the series, i believe, because it makes the gamer have more fun with the game.

There were many characters that made me laugh at various points in the game, namely Groose, Scrapper, Peatrice (the girl at the Item Check), Rupin (the Gear Shop owner) and Cawlin. Also, some of the cutscenes were pretty funny too, one of which is at the beginning of the game. I think Skyward Sword's humour comes close to or surpasses Wind Waker's humour!

if there was a like button for your comment, i would so press it.

I thought wind waker was the funniest game in terms of cartoon slapstick humor. Skyward sword did have some great zelda humor though and the dialogue was hilarious in some parts. I especially loved the failed item get when you learn he song of the hero. Also ZINGA DING DING made me laugh due to the randomness of the line, as well as the "it smells good too" (Link's a creep now!).

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I definitely feel that Skyward Sword had more interesting characters and races with more interesting personalities. It's more fleshed out in that sense than perhaps any previous Zelda game.

However, as far as pure humor goes, I would still give that award to Link's Awakening. The entire game was goofy. They acted like Bow-Wow was a dog when it obvious wasn't, there were Mario references everywhere. There was this old man who wouldn't talk to you unless you called him on the phone. The bosses spoke and said weird things. There was lots of sarcastic humor or random things said by the in-game narration or characters. The game just really doesn't take itself very seriously at all, but it's just fun and quirky. I mean, you have to collect 8 musical instruments. It feels like a parody of ALttP. It's one of my favorite games for that reason.

Wind Waker and Skyward Sword are also kind of funny, but there are more serious moments in those games.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I definitely feel that Skyward Sword had more interesting characters and races with more interesting personalities. It's more fleshed out in that sense than perhaps any previous Zelda game.

However, as far as pure humor goes, I would still give that award to Link's Awakening. The entire game was goofy. They acted like Bow-Wow was a dog when it obvious wasn't, there were Mario references everywhere. There was this old man who wouldn't talk to you unless you called him on the phone. The bosses spoke and said weird things. There was lots of sarcastic humor or random things said by the in-game narration or characters. The game just really doesn't take itself very seriously at all, but it's just fun and quirky. I mean, you have to collect 8 musical instruments. It feels like a parody of ALttP. It's one of my favorite games for that reason.

Wind Waker and Skyward Sword are also kind of funny, but there are more serious moments in those games.

I have to agree with you here. Link's Awakening is hilarious. I loved all the funny and goofy characters and aspects of the game. Skyward Sword most definitely was funny, what with Groose's narcissism and his mistaken belief that he had a chance with Zelda, and the way Scrapper was constantly flirting with Fi. But Just as Athenian has said, this award goes to Link's Awakening.

Eluinn

Link's Alter Ego
Humor is an extremely important aspect to any game, but Zelda in particular. Without the little bits of humor seen in Wind Waker when he gets tossed around, or Twilight Princess, or even all the way back to, say, the Oracle of Seasons/Ages with Maple and others. It helps relieve some of the tension between battles and makes the game-play more entertaining.

I may be mistaken here, but are you saying that they're not as funny because they have the serious moments? I guess I could get you if you were saying they were less unrelentingly funny, but in the case of something having serious moments... doesn't that in some ways make the humor somewhat more powerful, when it isn't done in excess and is balanced out by other elements? That's one of the reasons I think Skyward Sword's humor is handled so well; like what SinkingBadges was saying a page or two ago. The humor is blended very well with serious moments, and in balance with serious moments, that I think it strengthens both sections. Sort of like how dark or scary moments have more impact in an otherwise more lighthearted game than in a broadly dark or scary game, the opposite is also true. The humor is more powerful when it provides needed relief.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I may be mistaken here, but are you saying that they're not as funny because they have the serious moments? I guess I could get you if you were saying they were less unrelentingly funny, but in the case of something having serious moments... doesn't that in some ways make the humor somewhat more powerful, when it isn't done in excess and is balanced out by other elements? That's one of the reasons I think Skyward Sword's humor is handled so well; like what SinkingBadges was saying a page or two ago. The humor is blended very well with serious moments, and in balance with serious moments, that I think it strengthens both sections. Sort of like how dark or scary moments have more impact in an otherwise more lighthearted game than in a broadly dark or scary game, the opposite is also true. The humor is more powerful when it provides needed relief.

Well, I agree that Skyward Sword is a funny game, even though it has serious moments. I guess the best way to describe is that I see the humor in SS as more understated, more subtle and ironic, requiring a little more thought to see. In fact, it's more my kind of humor.

I guess Link's Awakening seems funnier, because that's the way I would characterize it in general. As a funny, silly game. But it's not like SS isn't funny, either. To be honest, it's really hard to choose between the two styles of humor, because they're so different. I do feel like LA and SS could at least be considered to be in close running for funniest, although which is funnier is probably subjective to a certain degree.

Selda

Mysteries of the Deep
Skyward sword If anyone doesn't know, when the remlits turn evil,you can bounce them off using your shield i found that humours

I loved this game. it kept me laughing for sure. The Elder Kikwi and his mustache? Awesome. How Zelda pushes you off a cliff not once, but twice? Wicked. And Ghirahim, the second battle...XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom