• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Funniest Zelda Game to Date?

C

Croxyndorf

funniest zelda game to me was twilight princess. the characters in that game were just out there, you look at their faces and expressions and just crack up.

i thought that ghirahim was actually the most comical character, the scene where he was talking about his arms had me and my friends laughing very hard.
Yeah Ghirahim was actually incredibly funny. That scene you're describing in the Fire Sanctuary made me laugh pretty hard myself. Ghirahim was a great character in general though.

Yeah, I noticed that and kinda started to feel bad whenever I walked away, but there was also the fact that the store guy creeped me out with that unnatural smile... I mean, call me cynic, but I seriously can't imagine a person who doesn't hide anything smiling that much. Looking at it other way, maybe he just didn't have many costumers, which I guess is the logical explanation I'd have to stick with. (ok, I guess I just went a bit off-topic)

Random and possibly Off-Topic Comment: I thought he was gonna pull a knife on me when I saw that face. xD
Rupin was hilarious and easily one of the funniest guys in the Bazaar. I think you're onto something though, mainly because of that face, and how he acts when you visit him at night. I don't think he's necessarily a terrible person, but he's nowhere near as friendly as he acts when he runs the Gear Shop.

And :xd: at your comment about the knife.

You know, this brings me to the same point as the cutscene I mentioned in which Zelda brought up Link's laziness: How they try to blend the humor into parts that would usually be far more serious. Villains like Ghirahim are usually more psychotic from what I've seen, and aspects like his drama-queen attitude are more presented like quirks when looking at it. Just in case: I'm not arguing, it's just that it came to mind when I saw you mentioned it.
Yeah, I think you're right here. I think the best instances of comic relief in stuff is when it's implemented smoothly in a way that feels natural and relevant to the situation, and I think that what you're describing correlates with this. I definitely think you're right, and Skyward Sword did well with this.

THEM

Your cows are mine!
One thing that made me laugh, is that in Groose's room, there is a punching bag with Link's face on it.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I think there are two comical moments that stand out most in the game but the one I am going to mention eclipses the other.

I LOVE it when Link is falling to Faron and all of a sudden
Groose comes tumbling down out of nowhere and crashlands with Link onto the ground

The other would be the general creepy-kind of funny if you decide to give Cawlin's letter to ????? and then when you go collect your grattitude crystals...funny (in that creepy way).

As for humor, I do not think it is an essential part of the Zelda series but it does add to my enjoyment of the game. I think one of the only redeeming factors for WW is the use of humour which perfectly compliments the style of the game although I have a general dislike for bright, colourful and cheery as a general rule for my games. OoT had a perfect balance of humour and seriousness, but MM is practically perfect in every way (yes I know Mary Poppins has nothing to do with LoZ) due to the serious tone of the game and the darker art style than OoT. TP as well was quite dark, monochromatic almost to the point of being grey and bleak and my memory says there is not that much humour within the story which I think is one of the best stories any game has had to date.

Last edited:
I love how Beedle will open a trap door under you, just because you didn't buy anything..... He complains about pedaling, Why doesn't he just land on Skyloft to sell his items. haha :cucco:

MW7

I'd say it definitely had more funny instances than any other game in the series. I still think Phantom Hourglass is the funniest though. When I think back on other Zelda games I remember dungeons, sidequests, items, or gameplay. When I think back on Phantom Hourglass the only things that come to mind are funny instances usually involving Linebeck. The part(s) where they are all in danger and all he can worry about is his ship literally make me fall over laughing. I guess what I'm saying is that from my point of view Skyward Sword won't be remembered as the "funny zelda" but probably the "motion-controlled/bird zelda." Personally I will always identify Phantom Hourglass as the "funny zelda."

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
It definitely was very funny. I loved Groose, even from the beginning. His hair is weird, and his body language was hilarious. I love how he grows to be a good friend to Link, and helps out. I loved it when he told Link "Hey, when you see Zelda, tell her I said,Whats up?." xDDD And how he calls Impa "old girl" here and there. He was awesome.

I found skyward sword to be very funny . ANY shop keeper in the Bazaar is funny if you say no to not buying Items . But my favorite part would have to be when Grosse Jump after Link and follows him to the land below I almost fell out of my set when a saw that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom