• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Funniest Legendary Pokemon Captures

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
We all know how fun it can be to catch legendary pokemon in unusual ways. Admit it, I'm sure most people here have tried to catch a full health legendary in a Pokeball or something. Here, you can post your funniest/craziest legendary capture!

When I was playing Emerald a few weeks ago, I got to Registeel. I have always made it my thing to attempt to catch legendary Pokemon in balls that are not intended for use against them. I remember dying against Registeel four times, so I got frustrated on my fifth try. Just for a laugh, I threw a dive ball at it without attacking it once, or putting status infliction on it... It worked! I was kind of astonished, because there is a very rare chance of that happening! It was quite funny though, and I'm sure I will remember it for a long time!

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I dunno if this counts as funniest, but I caught a full-health Lugia with a heavy ball on my very first try. I gave that legendary to my nephew and he still has it. :)

I once caught an Articuno in Red on my first try. It was so surreal because I just happened upon it while trying to find my way out of that one cave area with all of the water Pokémon. I forget the place's name, but yeah, I caught the Articuno with a Master Ball. Although, in retrospect I look at it as more of a "who'da think it" scenario than a "funny" one... (lol)

Link-of-Lylat

It's me!
I believe my funniest legendary capture was when I caught an Articuno on my first try with a poke ball when it was in the green with no status effects.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
My funniest captures are that I caught both Ho-Oh and Moltres in SoulSilver with Love Balls. It just seemed so random because the other legendary birds required Ultra Balls, Dusk Balls, or other heavy-hitters like that. But then I found a connection: I don't like the Love Balls because I think they're pretty gay (as in stupid and ineffective) and the two birds are flaaaaaming!

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I tried catching Articuno in Yellow, and I failed many times. I would lower its health little by little, and then I would accidental cause it to faint, do to the fact that that I didn't think a particular move would cause that much harm. I tried putting it to sleep, though Articuno would always wake up. I tried everything, even 30 Ultra Balls. Finally, I said "screw it" and just threw a regular Pokeball at him without any status effects or health damage. It worked! I think it's more frustrating than funny. :sweat:

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
When I was trying to catch Groudon on Ruby I critical hit him with my first attack and killed him.

I restarted the game and caught him with the first pokeball I threw. :P

BlitzPlum

That 3D Guy
My friend didn't like Zapdos, so killed it... Seems pretty inhumane, and a bit stupid because Zapdos is cool.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I was chasing one of the latis and gave up. Then I found it randomly on my way to the safari zone and threw an ultra ball at it and caught it.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Easy! This was my Groudon capture with a Pokeball. Lol.

I was playing Pokemon Ruby, and my friend was playing Sapphire. I was playing it on the ol' PC, and Groudon was Paralyzed and had like 1HP from my Treeky's false swipe, and my tactic with most legendaries, on Ruby, is to survive a while, throwing Ultra Balls, then use Timer Balls! And it usually works quite well in the later stages. Well, I was just throwing Ultra Balls randomly, healing as I go to increase the time, and I remember just shouting "Pokeball!!!" as I threw it, the 1 remaining Pokeball in my bag I think, and he got caught! And we just burst out laughing.

It was one of those moments in life I just wish got recorded somehow! Was so random. We were laughing about it for a while. And I called the Groudon Fluke!

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
I kept trying & trying to catch Darkrai in Platinum. For 5 times in a row, I used 99 ultra balls & 99 dusk balls (since it was night time) and had to reset my game. I ask my sister to hold my DS for me while I went to the bathroom. By the time I got back, she caught Darkrai, apparently in a pokeball. If you don't think that's funny, watch Chugga catch a Groudon in a nest ball; it't hilarious!

On a side note, I think Game freak isn't telling us something. I mean, if if this many people caught a legendary with a pokeball or anything less accurate, there's gotta be something up

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
One day when I was playing Pokemon Platinum, I went to catch Dialga. I had gotten its HP down pretty low and started throwing Ultra Balls at it, since I don't like using my Master Ball. I had almost ran out of Ultra Balls, then my older brother asked if he could try to catch it, so I let him. He got Dialga in one try with a normal Pokeball.

At the time, I was mad that he got it on his first try, but happy that I finally got it. I laughed about it later that day. ^^

G

GameFreak

i never had a funny pokemon catch, and catching legendary pokemon are always a pain for me, but i remember i threw like 200 ultraballs at Rayquaza, shut it off tried again threw another 100 then finally got him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom